Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate

Go down 
+4
Skip
Baal
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:36 pm

WiiU version isn't getting the mulltiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:31 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
WiiU version isn't getting the mulltiplayer.
But they don't need it if you want to play MP you just play Nintendoland.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Pikmin 3 would be my current choice for multiplayer on Wii U, at least until TW101 comes out.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Troy Baker can do a good Mark Hamill impression.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Did anyone play this? I downloaded it for PC, the damn thing doesn't want to be installed
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 4:53 pm

It's really mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 8:58 pm

What's wrong with it?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 am

It changes very few things up, the only good new things being the Remote Batclaw, Deathstroke, and Firefly boss fights. Everything is either the same crap in Arkham City but worse. The challenge system which you have to use to get certain upgrades is tiered and linear so you have to finish one challenge before you're able to do the next even if you already did the next one, the skill system is linear so you can't unlock certain skills without already unlocking others, and the extra island added does nothing but make it tedious to navigate around Gotham. Certain areas that feel like you should be able to grapple onto are not possible to grapple to and for the most part all of the side missions are tedious retreads of side missions/boss fights from previous games.

About the only thing improved is the story, it's actually good in this one unlike the other two games. Unfortunately it's not as good of a Batman game as the other two games so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:33 am

Asylum is still the best.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:19 am

Surely no one plays a Batman game for the riveting story. People play Batman games because they want to be Batman. Which game makes you feel most like Batman? What I mean by that is should I push Arkham City to the top of my list or have I already played the best Batman game?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:13 am

Asylum does the best at being a good game and Batman game. It uses the best of the predator rooms and regular fighting rooms to the ability of the game and using the architecture and environment against goons while you lie in wait on a gargoyle is the best. Arkham City is really good too and can be argued as the better game, but I argue the open world doesn't add a lot and Riddler trophies in that game are fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:43 am

I still think that the open world in City doesn't just not add much, but in fact detracts from the overall experience. Asylum felt like a much more focused game and, with the exception of some side quests and the Mr. Freeze boss fight in City, I preferred almost every aspect of the original.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm

I had forgotten all about this game and probably wasn't ever going to buy it anyway, but now I'll make sure I don't.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-10-dont-expect-another-patch-for-batman-arkham-origins
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:07 pm

And Arkham City's main story was very tightly composed. It's just that you could ignore for it for hours while doing other stuff. Which I guess you could say is detrimental but the side stuff was so full of cool little moments that I didn't care.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 1:12 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I had forgotten all about this game and probably wasn't ever going to buy it anyway, but now I'll make sure I don't.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-10-dont-expect-another-patch-for-batman-arkham-origins
This game has a lot going against it
Maybe they should just take this story and turn it to animation
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 pm

I played the game recently, completed the main campaign and most of the side missions
The grapnel boost is a prototype in Arkham City, it's weird to have it since the start in this one

Pros:
*That funny moment with one of Blackgate escapees
*"World's Greatest Detective" quests, and crime scene investigation bit
*Remote claw
*Electric gloves
*Deathstroke and Firefly boss fights
*Bane's fight after he took that new Venom is fun
*Return of breaking wire used to suspend a thug hanging from a gargoyle
*Return of the multi bata-rang
*Last Joker fight is a satisfying end, you just beat the crap out of him. Makes up for all the crap he gives through the series
*Batwing fast travel

Indifferent:
*The end of Enigma's side quest
*Anarky babbles far too long after his defeat. But you can walk away from that
*Venom using troopers
*Batcave
*It's the easiest Arkham game, even with the slower responsive time to counter

Cons:
*Game freezes
*Tower glitch, I can't enter one of the Enigma towers to disable it
*Again, Bane's fights have to be witnessed by Joker, and the asshole dumps a group of thugs to aid Bane. First in Asylum, now in this one, and in two fights
*Heavy

-----------------------
----------------

I played a bit of the Blackgate follow up, that one is a pain to play, it's not fun
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Before I start with this game again, I think it's worth noting how the story and characerization are mostly praised in this game, but no one commented on Batman stealing gadgets from hired mercenaries he takes down (Deathstroke and Electrocutioner).
Granted, he does not steal the gauntlets from Electrocutioner after first defeating him, he takes them away from his corpse after Joker tosses him 30 something stories below.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate   Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2