Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire Emblem Awakening

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Neo
SimianWonder
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Neo wrote:
I honestly think this is the best game on the 3DS so far though so you should definitely give the demo a try, if you end up buying it you can always ask for pointers.

Agreed.

As I said at the start of the topic, it's even usurped Ocarina of Time as my favourite 3DS game, which is not bad going considering OoT is, despite its age, still one of the best games ever made. Neo, I see you paired Chrom with Olivia, what other pairings have you opted for?

Bearing in mind this is my first play through and I'm going for what feels right rather than what is necessarily optimal, I've gone for;

Chrom x Sumia
MC x Lissa
Donnel x Nowi
Stahl x Sully (though I rarely use either now)
Frederick x Tharja (don't ask why, it just... works.)

And thus far that's it.

Check out Owain's stat total...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:13 pm

My matchups are:
Quote :
Stahl x Miriel - Stahl gives Laurent Vantage (always attack first when <50% hp) which is great for a Sorcerer who can heal themselves.
Ricken x Lissa - I was told that Owain actually makes the best Sage in the game when built correctly so this is for Ricken's great magic stats, no real other reason.
Henry x Sumia - I love Dark Fliers and Henry was my only option for Sumia that boosts magic.
Lon'qu x Cordelia - Want Lon'qu's fantastic speed/skill stats on Severa as she's supposedly the best unit in the game bar Morgan.
Vaike x Cherche - Gerome has good physical attacking stats already, Vaike gives him +7 strength on top of it all.
Kellam x Nowi - Manaketes are tanky as hell already, Kellam gives +7 defense and, on a lesser note, +3 resistance.
Donnel x Sully - I was starting to lack options at this point but Donnel passes down Armsthrift (weapons don't lose durability based on a percentage equal to twice your luck) which is aa beast of a skill.
Gaius x Tharja - Gives Noire access to Galeforce.
Virion x Panne - Another one where I was lacking options, Virion gives pretty good stats though.
Libra x Maribelle - Boosts magic and gives access to Sorcerer.
That's everyone paired that matters except MU, I haven't decided who to pair him with yet. Most likely one of the magic using children as I picked +Mag -Str when I created him.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was playing a eugenics simulator.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I also added;

Lon'Qu x Cordelia - Severa is awesome.

Spoiler:

Play time is a little over 60 hours, though I have a good chunk of time grinding pre-EXPonential growth trying to power up Owain and Morgan. Lucina wasn't so lucky, I didn't understand the game's inheritance system by the time she joined, but she's pretty good now, certainly way stronger than Chrom.

My current three strongest units are Owain, Nah and Morgan, in that order. Owain has hit max in four of his stats, Morgan in three and Nah in two, so I reckon they'll all cap around the 300-310 mark. Incidentally, I used a Second Seal on Owain to get Armsthrift for his forged Brave Sword (yes, it's a beastly skill), and in the process of Class Changing he lost just under hundred skill points. That hurt a bit, especially as he then had no stat growth at all until I got him back up to level 10 and could Master Seal him again.

EDIT: see below

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:53 am

I'm not actually sure if a 300+ stat total is possible without some, currently unavailable in Europe, DLC abilities. My Owain has maxed every stat except resistance, which can potentially go up about 8 more points from memory, and his current total is 285.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:50 am

Maxed out MU completely as a Grandmaster, his stat total is 288 or, if I include stat boosting skills, 295.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Just beat it, and what an absolutely wonderful game it was. Final play time was around 65 hours, though that was a long way from being optimal - I still have several side quests untouched or even unavailable due to not having the support prerequisites.

Huge spoilers!

Spoiler:

What an utterly fantastic game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm

I reloaded my previous save and tried the other ending...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Incidentally, Owain and Morgan both capped at 297 (Hero vocation), MU levelling up so slowly I struggled to get him to 260, though he did still have some room to grow - he might have reached 270 but not much higher, at least not without picking a class solely to squeeze an extra point or two out of.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:55 am

So, Yeah, This is satisfying. Didn't realize how much I'd missed playing a game even remotely similar to FF:Tactics. Very Happy My 3DS will almost never get any rest now. lol
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:22 pm

I restarted as a female MU, and ten hours in have just played through Chapter twelve, having married Chrom and given birth to baby Lucina. My own stats are, frankly, ridiculous for this stage of the game, with a stat total in the region of 245 points and some awesome skills; finally, my MU has Galeforce!

Hopefully, this will make serve to make Lucina even stronger than in the last game, though it remains to be seen whether or not she can topple the sheer power of an MU x Lissa spawned Owain. Something I'd not noticed previously, on account of skipping it almost every time, but Sumia is actually shown with Chrom (holding Lucina) in the opening movie, so I guess she is the canonical choice for his wife (and was indeed my preferred option during the first play through).

I downloaded the Harvest Scramble DLC pack (which basically has ample opportunity for raising supports), yet the first map is actually quite tough for a low level party as some of the Entombed have Luck maxed out at 50, and possess both Counter and Miracle, meaning they can reflect back huge damage and survive attacks that should kill them. A low level party simply won't be able to survive the counter, and even if they do, they'll be in poor shape when Miracle kicks in and you move to enemy phase...
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:27 am

On the one playthrough, I'm having my female lead go after Chrom, While on the other having the female lead go for Frederick. ...Something's going to fuck up my plans on female lead #2, Isn't it? Because Fred just seems so boss that he practically screams plot-forced death.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:53 am

Counter only works on attacks made from melee range, I beat that map pretty easily by abusing enemy attack ranges + galeforce with mages and archers.

Be careful using Fred too much, it's common in FE games to be given a character who's extremely strong early, on due to high base stats and being a promoted class, but who drops off hard in the midgame because of poor stat growths. He's also a pretty bad father from a eugenics point of view.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:40 am

are there cute female myrmidons/swordmasters in this?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:19 am

Yes, the class changing mechanic and characters from previous games being free DLC means you can get the most cute myrmidons out of any FE game.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:21 am

i saw lyndis. is mia in this too? they're my fav girls
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:46 am

Neo wrote:
Counter only works on attacks made from melee range, I beat that map pretty easily by abusing enemy attack ranges + galeforce with mages and archers.

I perhaps should have specified that I tried the map a few play hours earlier and that my low level party had no access to Galeforce, my archers and mages were all too weak to deal any damage to the higher level Entombed, and that my average stat total was around 70 at the time, only MU being above that (around 170 at the time, but no ranged attacks and no Galeforce.)

On the subject of the early-game heavy hitter, it's not always the case that their growths suck; Seth from Sacred Stones for example. His growths were still pretty good, even right up until the last 20% of the game when Kyle and co would likely have drawn level.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:08 am

Dawn of Dreams wrote:
i saw lyndis. is mia in this too? they're my fav girls

Going through the list from the importable characters (I'm guessing that what it is, I didn't try it.) I found the name "Mia". I think it under something with the word "Radiant" or "Radiance" or something.

It was part of a free DLC thingy from SpotPass or something. Basically, Just play through until you get the option to go into Wireless Mode. It should be there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:16 am

i don't have a 3ds.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm convinced that nothing in the game, not counting unreleased DLC obviously, can hurt Kellam!Nah outside of an assassin getting a lucky OHKO proc. She's absolutely ridiculous, even with a normal dragonstone and no partner her stat total is almost 330 - without MAG capped out.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:57 am

Next time through im going to try and make a third Gen morgan to try and min/max her stats.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:33 am

Grinding up Severa's MAG is absolute hell, though even at 30 I'm seeing the potential.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:03 am

Hells Fuck...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Neo wrote:
Grinding up Severa's MAG is absolute hell, though even at 30 I'm seeing the potential.

Yeah, my Sevara currently has MAG around 10, despite everything else having already maxed out in mid to high forties and a total skill pool of around 260. Skill and Speed even managed to breach the 50's so she can use all her skills with greatly increased frequency, dodges almost everything thrown at her and get x2 attacks even on supposedly swift enemy units. As an added bonus, it means Armsthrift now essentially gives her unbreakable weapons. Unbreakable Brave weapons is just... well, broken. The irony.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:10 pm

It's worth maxing it out if you can be bothered, now that I've done it I just have to decide whether I want an invincible Dark Flier or an even more invincible (thanks to Nosferatu/Aversa's Night) Sorcerer.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Out of interest, what did your Kellam!Nah top out at? I initially went DonnelxNowi (before understanding the possibilities different fathers could bring to the table), and Nah is now maxed at;

Str 43 (+11 with Dragonstone +)
Mag 36 (+6)
Skill 34 (+5)
Spd 33 (+4)
Lck 50
Def 45 (+13)
Res 42 (+9)

This gives her a total of 331, some thirty four points above Owain and Morgan, who are currently sat at 297 with only Res still to max. Heck, even Nowi is around 290 in Manakete form, and she's not maxed anything. What on earth would happen to Morgan if MU married Nah? A 3rd Gen Manakete Morgan would be absolutely monstrous, game-breaking even. Can't wait to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next