Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games

Go down 
+4
Neo
Skip
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am

If there's already a topic I can't find it.

So what was the big deal about this movie? I just watched it and it was good, but I remember it mega popular when it came out. Everyone was raving about it. Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:32 am

People expected it to be Twilight levels of awful. But it was quite a bit better.

Also good female leads are still a novelty.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 am

I thought it was fine, nothing spectacular though, and I watched it the same week as Iron Sky so naturally it takes a bit of a back-seat in my mind. Though I'm actually more interested in the backstory than I am about Katness.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 am

Any reason people expected it to be so bad? It's not like it turned out magnificent, there was still some stupid stuff in it. When that girl had the chance to kill Katness but decided to do a little speech first my eyes rolled so hard they nearly fell out.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 am

Because it was based on a YA novel.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:15 am

Oh really? Never heard of it before the film.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 am

I barely did myself, haven't read or watched it yet, but since it has JenLaw, I probably will.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm

It's a decent movie, and that's something big for a release by that studio
Woody Harlson is the best thing in THG
Battle Royale is a better film using the same concept
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Just seen Catching Fire, and surprised myself by really enjoying it. It was much better than the first film, and Donald Sutherland is such a magnificent bastard.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 am

I didn't think Catching Fire was all that great.

some sections just felt like they copy-pasted it and changed it just ever so slightly to make it different. but that might just be a problem that was already in the books too.

then there was this thing about needing "allies" in the game this time, which i feel didn't get properly explained as to why you need to be a team this time as opposed to it essentially being a "free-for-all" in the first one.

Donald Sutherland was pretty good though, and loved the twist at the end.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
some sections just felt like they copy-pasted it
Not hard to see it that way, they are copy and paste with some changes, but it works for the story
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

then there was this thing about needing "allies" in the game this time, which i feel didn't get properly explained as to why you need to be a team this time as opposed to it essentially being a "free-for-all" in the first one.
In the first film, half the "tributes" likely had little actual experience in such situations. Catching Fire's games though were all previous victors; they're all much older, tougher and smarter than the first films competitors.

Spoiler:

Quote :
...loved the twist at the end.
I never saw that coming either. Genuinely looking forward to Mockingjay now, and I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of that fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 1 of 1