Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Django Unchained

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Really good film, another notch in Tarantino's belt. It's about bounty hunting and slavers. Set in the very late 1850s. I enjoyed it a lot, especially Leo DiCaprio's character, he gave a good performance. I also liked the beards to main character ratio, it was quite high (100%).

My only gripe with it was somewhat pedantic but that's what I get for studying history. Some woman in America was playing Fur Elise almost 10 years before it was published. While admittedly not impossible, it's so damn unlikely that I didn't like it.

Anyway, had a fantastic end, my favourite movie so far this year.

Django Unchained Django10
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Tarantino movies are always movies to look out for. he's my favorite director.

gonna see it this weekend cause it doesn't come out till Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I was massively disappointed in Django. Schultz is a fucking terrible character, the movie throws around the N-Word like it's going out of style, the last 30 minutes of the movie were unnecessary, and the character of Stephen is a completely unneeded character who also has nothing answered about him and literally only exists because "We had to get Samuel L. Jackson into this movie because he's been a Tarantino actor since Pulp Fiction."

The first half of the movie is really good, DiCaprio's character is great and he does a fucking phenomenal job, especially with a scene near the end of the movie which is the best scene in the whole movie and everything moves along very well, but the second half shits the bed so fucking hard.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 pm

DiCaprio is only in the second half, and him being in it is what makes it good. There was a period of time where it definitely seemed like they could have cut some shit out, for instance they could have cut the whole part from "Cock-a-doodle-doo, blackie." to the scene with the Australian and the other two guys, but oh well, what are you gonna do?

I'm pretty sure Stephen is there because a) those kind of people existed then, and so he's needed to fit that demographic and b) the thing he told DiCaprio to further the plot.

What's wrong with Shultz, he's just trying to help a brother out.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Spoiler:

The movie wasn't bad, but holy shit this has gotta be the most uncomfortable movie I've had to sit through this year, especially since the first half of the movie is so good and the second half is terrible, it ruined the movie for me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 am

I was going to see this movie but then I heard it was racist against whites and Jamie Foxx is an illuminati puppet.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 pm

saw it yesterday, absolutely loved it. wasn't bored for a second.

I get what people didn't like about the second part though, but to be honest, it didn't bother me. I was thoroughly entertained.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 am

The movie is really good, enjoyed most of it a lot
Last 45 minutes felt like it was stretching the movie a bit too long, just for the sake of stretching it, but not without its moments
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Django Unchained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained   Django Unchained Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Django Unchained
Page 1 of 1