Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you enable searching within threads?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Can you enable searching within threads? Empty
PostSubject: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am

I'm sure the option is there as I've seen it on loads of other forums, unless I'm missing something there's no way to do it here at the moment.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:32 am

I can't see the option anywhere. I'll do some digging.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm

The search system is a bit weird the minimum requirement is words with at least 5 letters, and if you search posts it seems to search posts subject. I'll look at it during this week to see if there's a way to improve the search function, since moose didn't seem to check.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:29 pm

What I'm talking about isn't done through the search function on other boards, it's like a little thing up near where it says Share/Actions on the top right that lets you search for posts within the current thread. Would be useful for mafia and stuff because honestly I can't be bothered reading so many pages when I need to find a post.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah buu, jeez. I knew what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:41 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah buu, jeez. I knew what he meant.
I wasn't talking to you when i said that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:43 pm

You clearly were.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:47 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You clearly were.
I wasn't, I was replying to the search post option, in Neo's post which should've made that clear. I thought I was supposed to be the paranoid one. Also should've been clearer as i referred to you in the third person rather than referring to you as you.

Something these last two posts make it clear we are referring to each other. Your english is at a higher level than mine, even if you are from the country Razz.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Anyway, searching within threads appears to have escaped forumotion's attention.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Forumotion search engines suck. We had the exact same problem on DBD, and there was no way that either Mish or I ever found to get around it. You simply can't search properly within posts, only within topics.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:05 am

That seems pretty dumb, I'm more in favour of that upgrade now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you enable searching within threads?   Can you enable searching within threads? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you enable searching within threads?
Page 1 of 1