Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Knytt Underground

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Knytt Underground Empty
PostSubject: Knytt Underground   Knytt Underground Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:19 am

Or to give it a more appropriate title;

Knytt EXPLORING FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER.

Spoiler:

Yes, it's that kind of game. That little checkered square near the bottom highlights where I am. That's one screen, or "room". There's nearly 1500 rooms in a horrible horrible maze.

Only in chapter 3 though. Oh yes. Chapters 1 and 2 are pretty short and straighforward, teaching you the gameplay elements and lulling you into a false sense of safety before flinging you into a seemingly endless trek around this ridiculous map, trying to ring those bells. I haven't rung a single one yet. Every one is guarded by some prick who wants a stupid payment to unlock the door leading to the bell.

The writing is really surprising good though. It's a weird and interesting world that you only learn about through character conversation. There's no narrator or anything to explain the story. You just wander around and gather information as you go. The characters are very good too. I was put off by the art style initially but I really like the characters now. Dora and Cilia are two of most well rounded video characters I can think of.
Back to top Go down

Knytt Underground
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Platforming-
Jump to: