Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, the Robocop remake.

Go down 
+4
Neo
Kaede
Eevil-Psycho
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So, the Robocop remake. Empty
PostSubject: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 pm

another franchise ruined it seems..

(even though the first Robocop was the only really good one)
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I hope there's a clip where the camera lingers on Robocop's sexy ass as he mounts the bike to explode the debris blocking the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am

I knew Batman didn't die at the end.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
another franchise ruined it seems..

(even though the first Robocop was the only really good one)

People say that a lot but i loved the ending fight in Robocop 2.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Wow, the new suit with the classic silver colour palette actually looks great. Shame it'll be black most of the time by the look of it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:50 pm

This is a reboot by the looks of things and they seem to have removed the ultraviolence. Still its robocop I'll be obliged to see it, but I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as the original.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:55 pm

still not too impressed, and I hate the black suit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
still not too impressed, and I hate the black suit.
The biggest problem is that it actually looks like a suit. It's partly the design and partly the fact that he now moves normally. If the original Robocop had been as flexible as a normal human the suit would have looked fake as hell.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
This is a reboot by the looks of things
It was stated it would be a reboot when they first announced it over a year ago.

Quote :
and they seem to have removed the ultraviolence.  Still its robocop I'll be obliged to see it, but I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as the original.
Quite.  I'm not surprised they're toning down the violence because without the satire element of the Verhoeven film it would just be gratuitous, but that same satire does appear dated now, reflecting a dystopian future that could only have come out of the 80s.  The trailer may be misleading, but they seem to be focussing more on the question of which is in control; man or machine?

I do have a few other concerns though; the driving force of the original narrative was Robocop's quest for revenge against those who gunned him down.  Here, he gets blown up by a car bomb.  He doesn't even appear to die, he's just (badly) burned.  Not quite the same motivation, is there?  Also, his wife and child still seem to be in his life.  Again, one of the best elements of the original (the rather subtle nods about Robocop rediscovering his lost humanity) are apparently going to be absent here because his family hasn't moved on, they're still with him.  And why keep the right hand human?  Yes, it may be a jab at the line in the original where they talk about managing to save his arms before being told to lose it, but again that doesn't seem like a good reason to give your ultra-cop a human hand instead of a cyborg one.  Unless they want him to shake hands with children rather than crushing skulls, which would suck.

Hopefully later trailers will allay some of my concerns.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:39 pm

^ pretty much a lot of what I was thinking, but I didn't feel like typing that out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:58 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
This is a reboot by the looks of things
It was stated it would be a reboot when they first announced it over a year ago.

Quote :
and they seem to have removed the ultraviolence.  Still its robocop I'll be obliged to see it, but I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as good as the original.
Quite.  I'm not surprised they're toning down the violence because without the satire element of the Verhoeven film it would just be gratuitous, but that same satire does appear dated now, reflecting a dystopian future that could only have come out of the 80s.  The trailer may be misleading, but they seem to be focussing more on the question of which is in control; man or machine?

I do have a few other concerns though; the driving force of the original narrative was Robocop's quest for revenge against those who gunned him down.  Here, he gets blown up by a car bomb.  He doesn't even appear to die, he's just (badly) burned.  Not quite the same motivation, is there?  Also, his wife and child still seem to be in his life.  Again, one of the best elements of the original (the rather subtle nods about Robocop rediscovering his lost humanity) are apparently going to be absent here because his family hasn't moved on, they're still with him.  And why keep the right hand human?  Yes, it may be a jab at the line in the original where they talk about managing to save his arms before being told to lose it, but again that doesn't seem like a good reason to give your ultra-cop a human hand instead of a cyborg one.  Unless they want him to shake hands with children rather than crushing skulls, which would suck.

Hopefully later trailers will allay some of my concerns.
They kept his right hand human for the reasons shown in Psycho's sig.

Also I hope Michael Keaton doesn't die he's awesome.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:48 pm

The cast is pretty strong, and I'm hoping that Keaton, Oldman and Jackson are doing it because they thought it worthwhile rather than because it was an easy payday.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:54 pm

So, the Robocop remake. Awrn9bB_460s_v1
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Thats brilliant. I can't believe how cool the old robocop still looks, also the way that guy used to move, I hope the new guy is up to acting like a robot.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:32 pm

trailor 2.

anyone else think it looks just a bit cheesy?

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm

The action is looking a bit better. I can't stand the fact they show his face though it makes the outfit look stupid.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:13 pm

doesn't feel like Robocop to me. and I get the feeling they made him a bit too human in his behaviour.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Seems like they just took the title and wrote a completely new story based around more contemporary issues.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:41 pm

I wonder if the nesxt robocop is female and they end up keeping her boobs human so she can breast feed, showing that a robot can be a mother to.

Anyways this reeks of the cyborganiser scene from simpsons.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Saw it
Not the boring shit I feared it would be
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Seems like they just took the title and wrote a completely new story based around more contemporary issues.
Which is pretty much what they did. Because it's a remake they felt obliged to do cerain things, like the design of Robocop, the score, certain popular lines of dialogue. But otherwise it's a story about a robotic police officer that happens to be called "Robocop" because you can't call a movie "Robotic Police Officer".

It was actually pretty good. Robocop might as well be a side character since it's more about the manipulative people around him. Until the end when he has to save the day because it's a big Hollywood movie. I liked it up until then though. It's a story of a publicity stunt gone out of control by a tech company that just wants get it's robots on American soil and make a shitload of money. It should have a had a complete downer ending where Murphy can't overcome his programming, and gets dumped by OCP as soon as they accomplish their goals.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 12:50 pm

This was awful, the suit looks plastic throughout the whole film. Lewis telling Robocop that he's the right colour is hilariously wrong for a bunch of reasons. The action felt kinda crap and there was no element of danger whatsoever, I mean how crap is the ED209, multiple versions taken out easily. Old Ed would wreck new ED and splatter New Murphy's hand everywhere.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 7:34 pm

It was alright, but it wasn't Robocop.

There were some good ideas in there - the question of Man vs Machine, some of the satire of the media amongst them - but they were only briefly touched on then swiftly ignored for the remainder of the running time, which devolved into a rather generic PG-13 action film.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 11:34 pm

It was mostly a reverse of Robocop, where the guy is still himself at first but then slowly gets turned into more of a machine. It was a neat idea, just hamstrung by being called Robocop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, the Robocop remake.   So, the Robocop remake. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, the Robocop remake.
Page 1 of 1