Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22117
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

A Comcept (Keiji Inafune's company) and Team Ninja collaboration featuring a new character, Yaiba, hunting down Ryu Hayabusa and also killing lots of zombies along the way.



Also Spark Unlimited is involved (US dev team responsible for Lost Planet 3).

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41020
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Thu May 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Upcoming TK games from tecmokoei forums.

The following list of games is scheduled to be on display from TECMO KOEI America:
Spoiler:
 

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
avatar

Posts : 4721
Joined : 2008-08-07
Age : 26
Location : McNeil Village

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Thu May 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Have zombies been in the Ninja Gaiden games before? I don't recall if they were in Sigma or the NES games.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41020
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:47 pm

E3 trailer, I didn't pay attn, but if hyabusa is the main aim I wonder if he'll end up allying with him or just end up getting killed by him.

Spoiler:
 

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
avatar

Posts : 790
Joined : 2012-01-22
Location : Netherworld

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:19 pm

I really hope this doesn't turn into a disaster. Theres quite a few people voicing distress
though..... they try and make this comical and comic-y


Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41020
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm intersted also Mighty No.9 guy is going to be in this:






_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22117
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:47 am

Christ, the Eurogamer review was scathing. 2/10. I'm looking forward to it.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:58 am

What is allegedly wrong with the game?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10291
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 am

I didn't think anything still gave 2/10s, they must have really hated it.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41020
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:47 am

Well God Hand was a 2/10, so it might be as good as that. Also Baal bitched about this game so that makes it more likley to be good. I mean just take a look at Strider.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Neo wrote:
What is allegedly wrong with the game?

It is ACTUALLY being developed by Spark Unlimited, a shovelware developer who has not a good game to their name. It is being co-developed by Comcept, a team with no actual games of their own under their name and Inafune is the only notable person. The game is very button mashy with no actual depth, the whole game looks like complete ass when you actually see it in motion what with the 30FPS, shoddy looking art direction, and just the myriad of shit that is happening on the screen at once added with a bad camera.

The sense of humor in the game is not unlike that of DmC where it is literally "Let's throw out every edgy line we can think of LOL RYU'S IN A GIMP OUTFIT". On top of this the game is being charged at full retail price despite looking like something that would fit better as a downloadable game on the PSN Store, XBLA, or Steam.

Everything that can be bad about this game has happened.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Also Strider is a boring game that I played and did not dislike, but not like either. There is nothing spectacular about that game at all and that's possibly one of the worst things you can say about a thing. I will remember Yaiba for years to come because it is hot ass, but Strider is a very forgettable game. Also a game getting a shitty review in this day and age is very indicative of how bad it is, this is not 2006 where God Hand was a completely new kind of game that no one understood unless they played it for a while, Yaiba is very straightforward and complete garbage.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 pm

I didn't mean to imply that what the review said was incorrect, I just ignore reviews as a general rule because I rarely find myself agreeing with them. I was pretty surprised by the price when I saw it on Steam earlier, after reading your post and watching a video of gameplay that Buu linked me to I doubt I'll even bother trying it. 30fps seems really dumb too considering it's technically a Ninja Gaiden game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41020
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Baal wrote:
Also Strider is a boring game that I played and did not dislike, but not like either. There is nothing spectacular about that game at all and that's possibly one of the worst things you can say about a thing. I will remember Yaiba for years to come because it is hot ass, but Strider is a very forgettable game. Also a game getting a shitty review in this day and age is very indicative of how bad it is, this is not 2006 where God Hand was a completely new kind of game that no one understood unless they played it for a while, Yaiba is very straightforward and complete garbage.

It shouldn't be a 2 no matter how you look at it. Also hot ass is a confusing term and I'm pretty sure most people use it to describe a hot person.

And no reviews are as awful as they were before so stop acting like you wouldn't play a game with a low rating if you thought it was good. Don't pull the hipster card and act like God Hand was misunderstood anyone who played the game would've realised it was fucking awesome, you're not special for getting God Hand. A reviewer should always play a game for a while so that completely invalidates your point acting like the person didn't play it for a while. Reviewers are paid to play games not paid to play games they like. Reviews should be objective. Stupid comments like when people say games look like PS1 games and other crap are stupid and uninformative.

The fact you think that reviewers should be idiots who talk bullshit demonstrates that the problem with video game journalism isn't the shit journalists its the players who think games shouldn't be looked at objectively and crapped on for the sake of it. Those reviews end up getting hits and idiots end up getting paid to play games. Although I guess the classic response is video journalism is crap we can't change it so why bother.

I doubt you even believe the game is worth a 2/10 if you were reviewing it properly. Not like you'd admit that going by your current comments.

My main concern is the fact the game seems to struggle even at 30fps. Combat looks simplistic, but I didn't expect a Ninja Gaiden more just cool moves with dumb enemies and it looks like it delivers on that front. If you want DMC play DMC, I don't think this was targeted at the hardcore audience at all, it looks more like deadpool which was more a combat game for beginners. There's far worse games than this, ones which are functionally broken and they get higher ratings and I heard no mention of the game being a glitchfest.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sock
Big Daddy Boss
avatar

Posts : 9228
Joined : 2008-08-11
Age : 25
Location : Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Also hot ass is a confusing term and I'm pretty sure most people use it to describe a hot person.

I thought we've established that it means bad as in the "ouch my ass is burning" kinda bad, didn't we?

_________________
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22117
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:06 pm

It wasn't long ago Baal that you were saying we should play awful games to make us appreciate the good ones.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:09 pm

You should probably still do that. I'm saying you shouldn't spend 60 bones to do that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10291
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Good games shouldn't need to be compared to rubbish to make them seem good. That would be like not appreciating Douglas Adams or P.G. Wodehouse until you'd read one of Stephanie Meyer's books.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Also Buu I have no idea where you're getting I'm saying games journalism should be bad for whatever reason. I'm saying that the way people think about games is different in 2006 than now in 2014. Back then a reviewer played a game and if they didn't like it that was it. They gave reasons and the only people that really complained were the people who played those games, nowadays reviews are a lot better in that you seldom see that thing happen as much. That's not to say games journalism still isn't a giant mess, but a game doesn't a garbage score like that for no reason nowadays unlike back in 06.

And no, there are not many worse games than Yaiba these days. Even DmC which I am biased as all hell against does not have the same problems, literally everything about the game is bad. EVEN THE VOICE ACTING sounds tinny as fuck and like it was recorded in a garbage can. I don't hate on games for no reason and think the way I do for no reason, I'd like to actually think I gave good reasons for why the game is trash. Just because there might exist a game worse than Yaiba does not make Yaiba a good game even comparably.

_________________
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22117
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Baal wrote:
Back then a reviewer played a game and if they didn't like it that was it. They gave reasons and the only people that really complained were the people who played those games, nowadays reviews are a lot better in that you seldom see that thing happen as much.

You still see that sometimes. Eurogamer's EDF 2025 review was fucking joke.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:57 pm

It definitely does still happen, but usually the more questionable reviews are the triple A games compared to the more complex games which while reviewed favorably still don't get enough credit. Like every issue of GI is going to have some like glowing review and I will find not a hint of criticism anywhere.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41020
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Baal wrote:
Also Buu I have no idea where you're getting I'm saying games journalism should be bad for whatever reason. I'm saying that the way people think about games is different in 2006 than now in 2014. Back then a reviewer played a game and if they didn't like it that was it. They gave reasons and the only people that really complained were the people who played those games, nowadays reviews are a lot better in that you seldom see that thing happen as much. That's not to say games journalism still isn't a giant mess, but a game doesn't a garbage score like that for no reason nowadays unlike back in 06.

And no, there are not many worse games than Yaiba these days. Even DmC which I am biased as all hell against does not have the same problems, literally everything about the game is bad. EVEN THE VOICE ACTING sounds tinny as fuck and like it was recorded in a garbage can. I don't hate on games for no reason and think the way I do for no reason, I'd like to actually think I gave good reasons for why the game is trash. Just because there might exist a game worse than Yaiba does not make Yaiba a good game even comparably.

I'm not saying you think game reviews should be bad. My point is the fact you think a game which will appeal to someone and is not completely broken should get a 2 is supporting bad journalism. You'd also note nothing in the persons review really points out why it should be a two and not say just a five. I did point out critical points of the game.

There's nothing to give it such a low rating, its also unhelpful to the consumer. The 2/10 makes me more likely to buy the game then a 5/10, simply because it looks like a review written by an idiot who doesn't know how to play a game. Most people are aware of frama rates and other things you can say. Hell if they don't get that mention the game has slow down, you can dumb that down to looks like a slideshow. Its not difficult to point out these things to people. Instead it comes off as spouting vitriol. Your comments on the game included bad humour (something that is entirely sujective I might add), being button mashy when its a zombie game, which considering zombies are meant to be mindless enemies by nature I don't think is all that suprising. Bad camera you've been bitching about in all the Ninja Gaiden games so I'm struggling to see what issues were such a copmlete disaster, I also think loads of games have bad voice acting. Honestly I think my point about the game struggling at 30fps was more worthy of dragging down the score. The combat in Dead Rising and honestly a shitload of games involving zombies or unintelligent enemies is button mashy. Thing is you can also play loads of games button mashy as well. If I mashed buttons on DmC I could've got through it, i know this cause thats pretty much what i did, unless I was going out of my way to get a high style combo.

Also DmC got an 8/10 and resident evil 6 got 6/10, so yeah we still see dumb review scores.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:15 pm

I didn't say we didn't. I said we don't see low scores for no reason like God Hand got. Like my like post prior to yours states that a lot if big titles no matter what problems actually exist are given constant passes, high scores, etc.

On the subject of Yaiba you are literally acting like I'm giving any game that does it a pass. It's not one thing that makes Yaiba bad, IT'S A CULMINATION OF ALL OF THE BAD THINGS TOGETHER. Like Buu, do you think I don't play these kinds of games? Do you think I don't know what I'm talking about when I call Yaiba a button masher? Because it is the definition of that. There is no complexity of movement, enemies have no depth to them, and there is no reason to just not keep attacking them until they die or you have to dodge. That's it, this isn't Revengeance, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, God Hand, etc. It is a bad bare bones Hack N Slash game that has nothing actually good about it. It having zombies in it does not justify how unfun it is to play and the idea you are trying to justify half of this shit TO ME OF ALL PEOPLE is downright insulting. It is a game with a linear path tha you move along to reach the next boss fight, which is also shit. It even has a rival battle with Ryu to tell you this is supposed to be like most games like that have many of these factors.

This game deserves a 2/10, it may function properly, but if your definition of a game that is a 2/10 is that it doesn't function well, then your definition of a 1 must be just shit in the box. I don't even like grading systems for reviews and they are completely justified in the rating they gave it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Like I am not about to explain to you why everything that person said in the review is completely right. He gave logical reasons for why everything in the game is bad and gave examples to support his reasons for thinking the way he does too. The worst thing that exists in that review is the scoring system, because it just encourages everyone to not read the review and attach a value to the game that shouldn't exist in the form of a number.

If we're seriously going to debate a fucking number value score system, we should discuss how stupid the whole thing is and no matter what this person said you were gonna give them shit because you actually want to like Yaiba. Just like how you want to write off my opinion of Strider with blanket statements like "Baal disliked it so it must be good", you might as well just straight up say you're gonna make excuses for this game no matter what.

_________________
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22117
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Sites all have their own score policies buu. A 2 accordiing to Eurogamer's scale doesn't mean it's broken, just really bad.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   

Back to top Go down
 
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ninja's Beast mode strategy
» Punishing ninja around the Manor?
» Happy Birthday Ninja!
» Welcome to Unity Ninja!
» Ninja other than Joe the farmer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: