Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion

Go down 
+7
Superbuu3
Neo
Skip
brandon
Talking Sock
Baal
Kaio
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Reported.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:58 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
there's absolutely nothing wrong with it being an interactive movie though, it's just another form of entertainment somewhere in between a movie and a game, and as such, it is actually quite good. I think people cling too much to the thought of "it's on PS3 so it's a game" that they can't appreciate it for what it is.

obviously, if it's not your thing, that's fine, but I feel like it gets knocked on too much for not being a game, while it actually offers quite enough entertainment, just in a form that is unconventional to what people expect from a game.

that still leaves the debate open though as to whether or not such an experience is worth 60-70$.
That's not a debate. David Cage is a shitty writer and if we can't judge his shit like games then we will judge them like movies in which case it's even more inexcusable how bad the fucking thing is. If you're gonna make an interactive movie, there needs to be a more gripping tag than "OH hey, you get to play as Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe."
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:24 am

I was talking more generally really, not specifically targeted at David Cage games. just experiences like that in general if they'd exist.

that said, I haven't finished the game, but I still think it was pretty interesting so far.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
there's absolutely nothing wrong with it being an interactive movie though, it's just another form of entertainment somewhere in between a movie and a game, and as such, it is actually quite good. I think people cling too much to the thought of "it's on PS3 so it's a game" that they can't appreciate it for what it is.
http://www.p4rgaming.com/david-cage-redefines-the-word-game-so-beyond-two-souls-can-count/
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Fuck Video Game journalism
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm

lol @ these people who constantly praise "exciting" games like Halo and CoD be "unimpressed" with Beyond.

Also Ellen Page is uninterested during any press conference. She has no time for these vultures.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Another shitty interactive movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_lair
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Dragon's Lair is fun though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm

When did these pretentious jokers start sniffing their noses at David Cage games? Indigo Prophecy has an 83 Metacritic score, Heavy Rain an 87 and Beyond has a 72 score. Hardly the kind of scores you'd expect where creators are booed and mocked off the stage.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:41 pm

David Cage games have been sniffed at for quite a while, actually.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
http://www.p4rgaming.com/david-cage-redefines-the-word-game-so-beyond-two-souls-can-count/

even so, my point still stands. Beyond still doesn't really fall into a category most people would call a game, no matter what David Cage says. and it gets knocked on for being unconventional. I'm just saying, people focus too much on what it doesn't do, that they forget to look at what it does do and fail to see what it has to offer.

it's still a medium that offers quite some entertainment, but people are way to stuckup about it being unconventional they just won't see it.

and as I said before, is that sort of medium worth 60-70$ ? probably not. I mean, i haven't finished it yet, but for what it offers, i don't think it's gonna be worth it's price. But am I entertained? am I having fun playing this? sure am.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:15 pm

The problem with Cage's games is they have very little to offer. David Cage can't tell a story and make interesting characters for shit, this has been proven time and again. His games, barely count as games, because what little interactivity they have with the player is more often than not pointless in the grand scheme of things and ignored so the bad story can be told front and center. So if the two most important things people look for in video games and movies is bad what do Cage's games actually have to offer? Good motion capture? Sure, I guess, Beyond does a fantastic job at transcribing Defoe and Page's images to video game graphics, but that's not going to escalate video games to an entertaining echelon. Music? Yeah, these games more often than not have decent music but again, no one played Tetris because they liked the theme.

It doesn't help that Cage continuously tries to act like he's reinventing video games. He continues trying to slap his own label on the future and what a game constitutes as like he's the fucking Steve Jobs of video games. He's also a giant creep and french, so yeah those aren't doing his games any favors. People look at Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain as dumb games, because that's exactly what they are. Video games can not be treated like any other medium, there is a rigid structure for how things work and you can't just ignore it because you want to be different and tell a story, otherwise you might as well not even make a game. Beyond from what I've been seeing is more of the same, but fucking reviewers will laud it with praise because it's a Triple A title that has movie actors in it and they will say the game is truly art and the Citizen Kane of games and blah, blah, blah.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm

his stories being bad is quite subjective though I would think. I mean, I've never played a David Cage game before, but I'm playing Beyond now, and it has me interested, I wanna know how it's gonna end.

playing through it and putting all the pieces of the puzzle together is rewarding enough for me, so it does have something to offer for me. I don't think what it has to offer is worth the price I paid for it, but I do enjoy it.

I understand your points, but you can't objectively say this is a bad game because of those points.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Story quality is not subjective. If you like a certain story, that's an opinion and you're entitled to it, but it does not mean the quality of said story is subjective. We have outlines and structures for how stories are written, his break every single one and have no satisfying pay off. Not to mention his characters more often than not are almost impossible to connect to in any meaningful way. Beyond might be different, but I'm really doubting it.

I can't say for sure anything about Beyond, I'm going off of my experience with Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain. My main problem with Beyond though from what I've seen is it's more of the same crap Cage seems to like doing and it's using age old movie tropes in his works that involve a fucking incoherent narrative.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Slutty goth Ellen Page is one of the most unintentionally funny things since JasON JASON JASon JASON jason JASSSSON
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I can't wait for this game to go down to 40 bucks used, because it is going to be magical.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Kaio wrote:
whatever baal. You don't deserve to play this game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:44 pm

I don't, I'm just the worst.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 am

I spent 2 dollars to rent this game and binged through all of it on today, my day off and I want my two dollars back.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:35 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Psycho's saying. Until this is dirt cheap I won't play it.

Sure David Cage is crap, but it offers something different (something that seems like an considerably inferior LA Noire to me). Its not something else on the market so if people have the itch to have what they feel like is story based game they'll probably buy this. In reality Psycho should've just got Spec Ops: the line, its the best story driven game I played this gen.

If he wants to be awesome he should play legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver though. Or just play streets of rage 2 repetedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of christmas.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:50 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
If he wants to be awesome he should play legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver though.  Or just play streets of rage 2 repetedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of christmas.
I would like to see what your Christmas is like.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Skipio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
If he wants to be awesome he should play legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver though.  Or just play streets of rage 2 repetedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of christmas.
I would like to see what your Christmas is like.
A lot like this:

skip like 2 minutes, there's a lot of pointless camera play, although hilarious

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Complete with black and white flashbacks? It sounds character-building though, do you think it's moulded you into the person you are today?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Skipio wrote:
Complete with black and white flashbacks? It sounds character-building though, do you think it's moulded you into the person you are today?
Unfortunately, my moustache will never be so full bodied.  We can dream. But yes in some ways aren't we all a composite of black and white flash backs. Except for Neo he believes in seperating black and white.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skipio wrote:
Unfortunately, my moustache will never be so full bodied.  We can dream. But yes in some ways aren't we all a composite of black and white flash backs.  Except for Neo he believes in seperating black and white.
According to Ellis when a man has a kid he gains an unprecedented ability to sprout a glorious manstache, so maybe you just need to sire more children? That sounds about right though, Neo 'Apartheid' PC-litist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion   Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Ellen Page: The Game discussion
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next