Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On the 10th anniversary of the first movie

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Empty
PostSubject: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:47 pm

I watch the Spider-Man movies, today, May 3rd, 10th anniversary of the first movie

MJ started as Liz Allen, being Flash's girlfriend
Peter is such a dork
Oh hey, that way Harry turns his head back at Peter, much like the way he looks after the "So Good" clip in SM3
LOL, Peter asks MJ for a photo with a student in it for the school paper, and she dorks up
I love how picky that spider is to where it bites
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm

I still don't get the point of this last line in this piece of dialogue
Ben: "We'll paint the kitchen"
Peter: "Don't you start without me"
Ban: "And don't you start up with me"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Web & swinging trial scenes are as funny as always
Most of the goof ups of this movie are funny
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm

It's a fun movie, but didn't age well, I remember it being awesome then, now it's good fun, with plenty of faults

Watching Spider-Man 2 right now, and I do it for watching them all and saving Spider-Man 3 for tomorrow, 5th anniversary of that movie
Pizza man scene is as great as always
First scene with Jonah is fun
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:20 pm

That scene with Ock at the hospital is brilliant, the way the tentacles brutally murder the doctors and no music is used
Of course it had to be ruined by the cheesy scream at the end, with tentacles screaming with him
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:46 pm

I forgot to bring mention of the deaths of the guys who played Ben and the wrestler from the first movie

That scene with Peter reading poetry for MJ, I laugh at that dork
Her portrayal here is my least favorite in all three movies, what a whore
"Rain Drops" song scene is hilarious when you see the hand slapping Maguire's back to pretend he tripped by his own feet after losing his powers
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm

The first one is the best one.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Watching Spider-Man 3, its 5th anniversary
Yeah, it's a silly movie with ridiculous moments, but I laugh at how silly it is, and love the action scenes
Reached the kitchen dance scene, the Twist

Last edited by Elvis Presley on Fri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The first one is the best one.
I prefer the second in terms of a movie. Always found the first to be an easier watch. Mainly because green goblin is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Always found the first to be an easier watch. Mainly because green goblin is hilarious.
Spanking Spider-Man's head on that roof, lol
Singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", rofl
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I like Green Goblin as a villain more than Dr. Octopus. He was just busy trying to do his own thing and happened to get Spider-Man's attention. Green Goblin was actualy going after Spider-Man most of the time. That's always more interesting and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:14 pm

The second film is the best one. The only issue I really have with that installment is the sub-plot where Peter's losing his powers due to... his stress/horniness? It just seemed like adding more drama for the sake of drama. Other than that, it's still a great film that aged better than its predecessor.

Also, it had this(the 2.1 edition anyway):

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:16 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I like Green Goblin as a villain more than Dr. Octopus. He was just busy trying to do his own thing and happened to get Spider-Man's attention. Green Goblin was actualy going after Spider-Man most of the time. That's always more interesting and enjoyable.
First one looks tacky as hell though. The action sequences are also really well done in two.

Completely agree though Doc Ocks motivation is stupid and questionable, as is his turnaround in the end. Not that it really bothered me on a first viewing. The thing I really will miss about this trilogy is JK Simmons.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Ock's motivation isn't that questionable or stupid when the film established that those messed up A.I. arms are controlling him. Making him give in to his ridiculous selfish desires. In a sense, he was pretty much a retread of Goblin, but with robo-arms instead of a split personality telling him what to do. Only at the end, instead of staying bad, he regains control and sacrifices himself.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:22 pm

That fight scene in Harry's penthouse is still fun to watch, and for some reason gives me the urge to watch the better choreographed fight between Scorpion & Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat Conquest
Oh boy, I reached the infamous street dance scene
SOK wrote:
The only issue I really have with that installment is the sub-plot where Peter's losing his powers due to... his stress/horniness? It just seemed like adding more drama for the sake of drama.
That subplot was really goofy in the 60s comic, and even that did it better than the movie
I think that thing was done best in the 90s cartoon, for a better reason, until the end of episode 2 of season 2
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

The origin of Venom here is as equally good as the 90s cartoon origin:
Eddie is a dick
Peter/Spidey proves what an ass Eddie is a fraud and make him get fired
Angry Eddie is in the right place at the right time to make him Venom

Much better than the comics origin

And that female reporter committed suicide over a year ago, which is sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
The origin of Venom here is as equally good as the 90s cartoon origin:
Eddie is a dick
Peter/Spidey proves what an ass Eddie is a fraud and make him get fired
Angry Eddie is in the right place at the right time to make him Venom

Much better than the comics origin

What happened?

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Elvis Presley wrote:
What happened?

Don't know the reason, read they found she hung herself in her apartment
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh yeah, killing the symbiote was the right thing to do
What the Hell does Sandman mean he didn't want this? He had a choice not to join Venom to kill Spider-Man, then he was brutally battering him, then he said no choice? WTF?
I like the soundtrack, it's nice to listen to
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Elvis Presley wrote:
What happened?

Don't know the reason, read they found she hung herself in her apartment
Who is the she you are referring to?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:04 pm

The best Venom origin was in Ultimate Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Which should totally be used in a future Amazing Spider-Man sequel now that they're already involving Pete's father in shady backstories. Also to differentiate from SM3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:11 pm

It shouldn't be hard to come up with something better than "alien goo crash lands 20 feet away from Peter and he doesn't notice".
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Who is the she you are referring to?
The female reporter in the last fight scene in Spider-Man 3

Kaio wrote:
The best Venom origin was in Ultimate Spider-Man.
SOK wrote:
Which should totally be used in a future Amazing Spider-Man sequel now that they're already involving Pete's father in shady backstories. Also to differentiate from SM3.
They used that thing for the Lizard in the new movie, Peter's dad working with a fellow scientist in a company owned by a shady CEO on something to change the world, and Peter helps complete the work and works on something with Connors, but the outcome is horrible
They merged Ultimate Venom, Ultimate Carnage, and the Lizard origin in one bag
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the 10th anniversary of the first movie   On the 10th anniversary of the first movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the 10th anniversary of the first movie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next