Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Avengers

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
Kaede
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Zero
Skip
Kaio
SimianWonder
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Avengers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Pennywise wrote:
Oh wait sorry, I didn't mean those two paragraphs in my first post to be connected, they were completely different trains of thought for me.
I think you were distracted because you were thinking of Devil wears Prada.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 am

I do like that movie though.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 am

is that the one where Meryl Streep is big boss lady of a fashion magazine or something, and Anne Hathaway goes to work for her?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:11 am

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:29 am

that is a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:17 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:
40% of the people who saw this movie were female, yet Joe Quesada's response to have a female-led Marvel movie was the following:

In a chat afterwards, Joe told me that he’d love to make a tentpole [sic] movie with a female lead, but that he really doesn’t think there is an actress right now who could carry it, or a character that would work either. I’m thinking I might agree with him on this one actually.

So basically the CREATIVE BOSS OF MARVEL not only admits all their females are garbage, he also says that none of the world's actresses can pull of their characters.

RIGHT AFTER THE BLACK WIDOW KICKED ASS IN THE WORLD'S THIRD BIGGEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

I'm now fully convinced that hiring a guy know for his female skewing characters was a mistake and they actually were supposed to hire Sylvester Stallone.
Thing is you can say 40% of the audience were female but a large portion of them would've taken there kids or gone with boyfriends. Its a typical trade off tehy watch super heroes with you, you have to watch the devil wears prada with them.

Also it would be harder to draw a male audience to watch a female hero, I don't particularly like any marvel female heroes i can think of outside of the X-men, aside from maybe Miss Marvel, and i told you what I thought about She Hulk already. The disaster that was Elektra/Catwoman would probably put hem off to. Even male fans of the comic who wanted fan service would be disappointed when a lady dressed up as there favourite super hero doesn't live up to the realistic proportions.

I honestly think the only female super hero they could pull off a movie with would be Wonder woman, but that series was a disaster anyway, it only got a pilot or something.

I think that superheroes are stupid enough as it is, and one with a female lead would just seem demeaning. Besides, Black Widow is not even a superhero. She's just a woman who's decent at fighting and spying stuff. She was also probably raped when she was little or she was a child soldier or something. That doesn't make for a good superhero movie. They're way too cheesy and child friendly for that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am

Kaede wrote:
I think that superheroes are stupid enough as it is, and one with a female lead would just seem demeaning. Besides, Black Widow is not even a superhero. She's just a woman who's decent at fighting and spying stuff. She was also probably raped when she was little or she was a child soldier or something. That doesn't make for a good superhero movie. They're way too cheesy and child friendly for that.
You're right it would be a pointless film and hardly something disney want association with.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:25 pm

The UK home release of this has been censored.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 pm

The regular European version isn't censored, but they did take out the Whedon commentary track. So fucking stupid how such a mega blockbuster has virtually NO extras aside from a mini movie, outtakes and a gag reel. Great show! I saw Cabin in the Woods lying next to The Avengers at my local entertainment store and it had a two blu-ray set with tons of extras and commentary tracks. Those lazy bastards at Disney are getting outdone by a damn indie flick.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I ordered from Sainsburys. Oddly, a supermarket was offering the only version either decent extras.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I ordered from Sainsburys. Oddly, a supermarket was offering the only version either decent extras.
What extras simi?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am

So this is from a comic from 2002.

The Avengers - Page 5 Nick_f10
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:45 pm

The writer asked SLJ if he could use his likeness for the comic. When Nick Fury firs appeared in Ultimate X-Men (written by the same person) a couple months before Ultimates was launched, he looked like a regular African-American man.

That comic also has this joke (not sure if you got to it yet):

The Avengers - Page 5 Tumblr_m7flkoD6rB1qbhh12o1_500
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Yeah that's the same issue, I noted that too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Skip wrote:
So this is from a comic from 2002.

The Avengers - Page 5 Nick_f10
Imagine if they got Steve Buscemi to play Banner
Back to top Go down
lethaleverdeen
Deck Hand
lethaleverdeen

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 am

Avenger's: Yes.

Loki: Ah, no.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 am

Would you care to elaborate on your thoughts about the Avenger's colon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers   The Avengers - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Avengers
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5