Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EA named the worst company in America

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
????
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
????
Butter Bomb

EA named the worst company in America Empty
PostSubject: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 pm

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/06/150112251/the-last-word-in-business

IDK what to think of this right now. So do you think it's the worst company in America?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 pm

That's sort of what happens when you rush one of the most anticipated released games of the year, load it out the ass with DLC, and then forget to fucking make room for the ending you intended to have.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 pm

It's a company that provides a non-essential service, and does an okay job of it. So no. I bet Mass Effect 3 is the only reason they won.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:51 pm

Empirewild wrote:
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/06/150112251/the-last-word-in-business

IDK what to think of this right now. So do you think it's the worst company in America?

Right now? This was so three days ago.
But in all seriousness, there are way worse than EA. Keep in mind, they weren't just being compared to video game companies.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:54 pm

I knew that, but they won for good reasoning............Ok well besides fucking up Mass effect 3.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:26 am

Mass Effect 3 was great. Some people just need to lower their fucking expectations...
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:12 am

With a shitty ending and gameplay less superior, I would be shock if this was GOTY quality. Even without the shitty ending, the gameplay isn't even that good. If this shit gets GOTY, I will be pissed. I mean sure, companies like Activision and Capcom piss me off, but EA fails me the most because they CAN make good and quality games, which Activision lacks. Capcom pisses me off for being a dlc whore and the king of re-releasing the same shit, and they can make good games sometimes. EA can make great games. I can stand the same game ever year for sport games since no moron but jock gamers buy them and sometimes for little mistakes, but then here comes a shit-load of Sims 3 expansions. Sure, the quality ones like Ambitions and Generations or Late Night are great (besides spending 40 bucks for each one, though they have reduce price), but then they release stuff packs for 20 bucks and they offer very little. I can forgive to that, but releasing a game, purposely imcomplete, and release DAY 1 DLC! I can stand DLC, but from the gecko, we start paying for a 60 dollar game and have to pay more? Fuck that. I played it and hated it. Got my 60 bucks back and pre-order Max Payne 3. Worth it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:50 am

Empirewild wrote:
I can stand DLC, but from the gecko, we start paying for a 60 dollar game and have to pay more?
You can't be serious.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 am

Ok, maybe I shouldn't of said that.

I should of said

I can stand DLC, but I will not stand paying 60 bucks and pay more from day 1.

Better?
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:00 am

Of course ME3 won't win GotY.
That title belongs to BioShock: Infinite.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:19 am

Bank of America is a much worse company than EA it's just everyone already knows that they're shitty.

Old School wrote:
Mass Effect 3 was great. Some people just need to lower their fucking expectations...
You're saying the people who expected (felt 'entitled' to as the drones would say while painting it as a negative thing) the final entry in a trilogy to be as well written and without plotholes as the previous two entries expected too much? It's too much to ask for the third entry in a series of RPGs to be remotely RPG-like in gameplay as opposed to a Gears of War clone?
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 am

I'm just sick of people making the game sound like it's quality was on par with something like Amy.
It may not be the best Mass Effect game, but it was a great game for what it was.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:46 am

Old School wrote:
but it was a great game for what it was.
That doesn't excuse it from being a bad Mass Effect game. If it had been released as "Gears of War with Force Powers and Ultimately Pointless Dialogue Trees" people would be less up in arms about it.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:54 am

I don't understand why people say that? The third person shooters elements of Mass Effect are average at best. The reason why the game clicks is soely because of the RPG elements.
Either that or I'm playing it wrong..
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:11 am

Binary choices that amount to nothing in the end do not make a game a RPG.

Would you prefer "Mediocre Gears of War with Force Powers and Ultimately Pointless Dialogue Trees"?

EDIT: Wait, I'm not really being fair here. There are exactly two choices that matter in Mass Effect 3, specifically what you do on Tuchanka and Rannoch which happen to be the best/only good missions in the game. Funny thing, that.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:21 am

"from the gecko"
Hahahahaha.

Also Wingers, you can't expect a game to be judged in its own right if it's the much anticipated finale in a trilolgy which has already seen two really good games. It's inevitably going to be held to the same standard as those first two, and why on earth shouldn't it be?
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:28 am

What annoys me the most are the people who just act like the ending bothered them so badly. And that ending alone made the game, "horrible."
It got to the point where people who haven't even played the game was simply hoping on the bandwagon.

Simply put: The PS3 board is just awful..

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:30 am

Welcome to gamefaqs.

But surely you know that a bad ending can completely ruin a game, the same way it can completely ruin a book or a movie.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 am

Skip wrote:
Welcome to gamefaqs.

But surely you know that a bad ending can completely ruin a game, the same way it can completely ruin a book or a movie.

Have you visit the PS3 board? It's kind of notorious for being a "home for trolls" on GameFaq.
Fun to visit too, but they aren't joking when they say that board is just bad.

But I disagree with that second point.
I just don't see a game being really good through out, then just instantly reduce in quality because of the last 15 minutes.

Look at something like Fallout 3. Great game all around, but the ending was a joke.

The only crime ME3's ending commited was having all the endings play out very similarly and forcing you to play multiplayer to get a better one.

Back to top Go down
DarkAkatosh
Deck Hand
DarkAkatosh

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:42 am

Didn't BoA contribute to one of the worst economic collapses ever? Not to mention they want to shove all kinds of little nickel and dime fees down their customers' throats all the time? That company is pure scum. Absolute fuckin' scum. I don't see why anyone would make an account at that place ever.

EA are a bunch of dickweeds too, but they attach their logo to a lot of great games. Burnout 3 is probably my second favorite racer of all time behind F-Zero GX. They are a bad company for sure seeing what they have done this gen, but they shouldn't have won.

Fuckin' gamers, man. So damn ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:44 am

There is a difference though, between having a bad ending (Fallout 3) and having a bad and lazy ending (Mass Effect 3).
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 am

Activision should have won this easily(videogame wise)
But remember. They weren't just up against other game companies either.
They competed with businesses like Wal-Mart and Bank of America.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:48 am

Skip wrote:
There is a difference though, between having a bad ending (Fallout 3) and having a bad and lazy ending (Mass Effect 3).

Well hopfully, that free DLC(Made by fanboy tears and mass bitching) will probably fix how you see the series' "new" conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 am

Wingman have you actually played all three Mass Effect games?
Are you aware that Bioware and EA market it as a series in which player choice matters?
Can you understand why people got righteously angry about all player agency being removed for the last 15 minutes of a trilogy of supposedly story based games and being railroaded into a shitty asspull ending that makes no sense, disregards all prior choices and plot elements established over the course of two 20-30 hour games, explains things it doesn't need to and introduces new questions that shouldn't have existed in the first place?
Can you comprehend that, perhaps, it's not actually "fanboy tears and bitching" when almost all the complaints leveled at Bioware and EA about Mass Effect 3 are completely valid?

This "customer is always wrong" attitude is a very bad thing. People are allowed to complain when there is something wrong with a product they bought and very few, if any, so called "AAA" games like Mass Effect can be considered art so nobody can argue that the reception from the general public doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:35 am

I have played 1 on the XBOX, but I never owned 2. Just played and finished it on a friend's XBOX.
But I just don't think the game should take as much heat from it's fanbase for a lackluster ending.
I suddenly see what you and Raz are referring to when you point out how lazily they decided to conclude the game with the story it had going for it.

Can we at least agree that everything before those final 15 minutes were excellent/good to some extent?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA named the worst company in America   EA named the worst company in America Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA named the worst company in America
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next