Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TMNT Out of the Shadows

Go down 
+6
Baal
testtubebaby
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Skip
Dr. Chocolate
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 4:14 pm

100% off would be nice for having to wait so long, anyways are we all still getting this? i am for sure as soon as it hits the store
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:04 pm

so they have announced that this has gone live now on the store, i cant find it anywhere so i assume they jumped the gun a bit
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:27 pm

so this never made it to the EU store as promised (hardly surprising i suppose) but it did get to the US so at least it can be reviewed to see what bugs got fixed during the 8 month delay. Whats putting me off more than all this however is the price... $14.99, it was only $12.99 when originally released on xbox & has since been sold for $7. They have promised playstation plus accounts to have perks yet from what ive read on their facebook page they haven't given anything away yet, not even a discount for the game. I'm gonna hold off buying this game (assuming we get it) until we get told what they changed in the 8 months
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Why would it be on the store? It's tuesday. The store updates on wednesday. If you're just getting this from facebook then of course they're only going to talk about the US release.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 pm

it was advertised as worldwide release not US release. Im more pissed about paying more money tbh after all ive already waited 8 months for the game so another day is fine but charging extra for a supposed broken game is rediculous.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 am

Just don't buy the game. There are so many red flags with this release its just not worth the investment, at least not until whatever problems it has have been discovered.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 am

Buu will buy it anyway so we'll be able to find out what's wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 pm

UGH.

No invert Y axis option. Fuck this game.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 pm

did you buy it?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 pm

No, there's a trial version.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

oh right, ill download that then & try it out
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 am

I bought I like it, lol.

The combat is an enhanced version of arkham asylum, with huge levels of punishment for anyone who doesn't learn the games fighting system, which is why you'll hear so many complaints about unresponsive controls.  You got weapon attacks and kick attacks (Combos can flick between both buttons and you are rewarded for doing that, there's also modifiers by holding down attack buttons as you level up and correct timing).  Kicks you use to wear down an enemies guard, weapon hits you do for more damage.  You have a block gauge to.  Your counter blocks attacks if you time it too late.  You have to counter early but there's loads of ways to change your counter.

For instance if you've been attacking the other people adn have a combo up your counters will be stronger, you can turn your counters into different move types i.e. climb over the guy while hitting him.  There are special moves they seem to be like classic clear out moves.  There's also ways to hold an enemies attack to get a team mate to beat the crap out of them.

Its probably the most complex beat'em up in years (inb4 god hand, that game would allow you to customise a combo with preset moves similar to remember me but executed way better, here the sheer number of moves you have access to is huge and will likely fly over most people's heads as they'll give up).  I haven't played the game through, but I'm enjoying it so far.  I will say its very hard, if you're a button masher.

In terms of glitches, my fiance jumped off a roof and was walking on the streets, i'm not sure if thats a glitch as she could run around and there were textures there I just couldn't be bothered to invest the time to work out how to get her back on the roof so dunno if that was a glitch.  I had one voice drop out during a cutscene.  Frame rate seems steady even in splitscreen.  Arcade mode loooks like it wil be really fun.

The upgrade trees goto either/or so you can't max a character per se.

Voice acting is great though.  If you guys wanna hold up and see if there's a discount later no worries I doubt i'll be able to play soon.  BTW I don't think arcade mode has online.  Oh you can have 4 seperate save files on your profile.

There's bars for finishers, specials and power moves.  There's quite a lot to this game but i can't be assed to go through it all right now.

Enemies hit really hard, but you can get by this by boosting team stats, I'm trying to not use any health items as I think those are for casuals.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:09 am

Oh I probably should add, people will compare this to arkham in terms of combat, but keep in mind this game you are supposed to get hit.  Arkham's combat system is designed to easily be invincible.  You can do multiple counters in this but timing is much shorter than arkham.  Personally I prefer that, as playing arkham's combat system straight for a length of time and coop partners likely breaking flow, as they'll knock out some of the other guys.

There's also a weapon upgrade, I suspect its for clear out specials.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm

I didn't play it much because the camera annoyed me but the game doesn't explain the block/counter system at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Yeah that bugged me, there is a tutorial thats outside of the main campaign, seems kinda dumb not to mention it though, considering they do prompts for special moves on screen.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:24 pm

I went into the dojo and go stuck trying to do the knockdown counter.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:15 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I went into the dojo and go stuck trying to do the knockdown counter.

Hit the guy a few times, pause a second wait for him to strike you and you'll beat the crap out of him. Its a terrible tutorial, they really should have multiple guys in the room. I don't blame you I gave up on that one till i figured out i need to have a combo counter up to actually do the move.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm

hmm new game coming from wayforward. I'm curious, but it looks aimed at kids as its based on nicklelodeon show so might be too simplistic. WayForward made DD Neon though and i liked that.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-360-ps3-3ds-getting-new-tmnt-game-with-vast-i/1100-6422099/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 pm

I played this a lot the other day. Its really fun. I still haven't encountered any glitches. ONe big issue is it seems to have some weird region locking for connecting to people abroad. I can't connect to my friend in America.

For the local coop modes its definitely worth playing and I certainly don't regeret paying £15 for this. It loses points for being overly complex and honestly I'm having a harder time pulling off combos in this then I do playing tekken or street fighter. Its way too hard pulling off things when things get hectic. The fact there's like 5/6 types of counter all connected to very specific timing and enemy attacks makes things a bit crazy and the levelling up system with branches means I can't see certain moves unless i make a sepeate save file (which i will do).

This seriously needs a sequel a more cleaned up version which wasn't made in such a rush would've likely been a very good game. There's a couple of inherent flaws (i.e. arkham combat is a weird choice for a multiplayer game as you will inevitably target the same person as a team mate). However the huge amount of tag moves in this game are great.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:29 pm

So a good game to buy on the cheap. Ok. Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Empirewild wrote:
So a good game to buy on the cheap. Ok. Sounds good to me.

The PC version likely runs like shit. PS3 version came out later. So I can't speak for that. Not really sure if the PC version has stuff like splitscreen and the arcade 4 player offline coop. It should hopefully at least have the arcade mode coop, but i dunno.

If you like beat em ups, like the turtles and are willing to put in the time to level up and watch the combat evolve yeah definitely worth a try when its cheap.

I'm not going to encourage anyone to get it outside of that as I don't think there's many beat em up fans here.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 pm

I can also confirm in rank order:

Leo
Donnie
Mikey
Raph

Donnie can debatedly be first, he's got this awesome taunt which cancels it to a big can of whoopass, I've only nailed the transition through taunting, but the midcombo one seems to have a tiny window to use it which means you need to have some space to use it, unless you can nail the timing for that move. His range makes him great though.

Mikey is speed, he's super fast, but unfortunately despite being awesome at maintaining combos (techinically by maintaining a long combo with him you can actually get stronger throughout the combo) he's weaker then the rest.

Raph is good for single target damage he's useful against bosses as he can use some specials to grab the bosses this is super handy. He can get KOs directly off a counter, but his poor reach means he breaks combo strings so you can't use finishers or team attacks constantly with him. I'm not kidding, changing to raph mid big combo is the best way to fuck it up.

Leo is a beast. Despite not having any cool specialties, being strong, wih good range and high power makes him a killing machine. Being the leader he can heal himself and team mates at the same time when he revives them, as well as being able to revive team mates even if they have no pizza. His specials aren't exactly great, but with his special weapon there not bad.

The main thing is that they each play differently enough to actually like one over the other.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:37 pm

I am not a fan of TMNT that much, but I am a fan of beat em ups. I usually hear games like Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game as the greatest beat em ups ever. I don't think this is like them, but I can possible part that fact.

Also Leo is the best turtle imo.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Empirewild wrote:

Stop trying to kiss Buu's ass, Leo is a bag of shit compared to Raphael
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:17 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

Stop trying to kiss Buu's ass, Leo is a bag of shit compared to Raphael

So me and Buu can't have the same opinion on something for once

Also Ralph is overrated, Don is pretty cool, and Mikey is a cool guy I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Out of the Shadows   TMNT Out of the Shadows - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMNT Out of the Shadows
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next