Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Empty
PostSubject: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Just had the following e-mail from gamestation...

Quote :
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order.3DS ONE PIECE UNLIMITED

Unfortunately, this product is no longer being stocked and we will therefore be unable to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled.

No money has been taken from your account for this item.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused, blah blah blah.

Despite the above e-mail, they continue to advertise the aforementioned cancelled game on their website, even having it in one of their little "hot pre-order" boxes at one point. Of more interest, is that they also notified me that in future they will essentially only be stocking the heavyweight AAA titles. I could understand not stocking a niche title in a retail store, but to cancel a pre-ordered title - to lose a guaranteed sale - on the eve of release...? Hmm. Given the tone of the second notice, something in the Game / Gamestation group is not rosy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 pm

You buy stuff from those stores? They're rip offs.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Not usually I dont, but OP was cheaper on there than anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 pm

A quick check showed every other store selling it a few pence less and the special edition, which it wasn't stated to be at gamestation sim.

Unless they have a preorder bonus there normally pretty crap price wise.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Gamestatation were selling it for 29.99. Play.com were selling it (the special edition admittedly, which comes with an Ace doll - and I don't really care about Ace) for 32.99. Anything cheaper?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Amazon/zavvi/shopto. All were selling the special edition for less admittedly pence but as they were the special edition completely justified.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 pm

This is just fucked up.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Ah well, ordered it off Play anyway.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Wht are other ways to get games?

Some games they don't have in my local game stop, and the only other place I can go is Wal-mart which has less then GS.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:04 pm

The internet...
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Damn..I've just been paranoid, last time I ordered a game off the internet, It was Amazon or Ebay one of them the product never came.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Most likely Ebay, you are also aware that paranoia is a symptom of mental illness. You must be deluded if you think a multinational company like amazon would try and rip you off. In fact that sounds like delusions of grandeur and narcissism. You managed to tick a bunch of symptoms there with one statement.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 pm

I'd imagine online retailers have taken a huge chunk of business from high street retailers, hence the reluctance to stock even pre-ordered titles.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Hmm it probably was Ebay, I've heard alot of good about Amazon. I'll probably use Amazon next time I buy something online then.

And yeah I'm not that paranoid xD
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I've never actually used Amazon, but I've used Play almost every month for probably the last ten years. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 pm

What is Play?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:25 pm

An online retailer based on the Isle of Wight, if memory serves. They sell games, DVD, Blu Rays, TVs, books, toys, computers... pretty much everything. Because they're based offshore though, they don't pay tax on a lot of their goods, so they can undercut most other retailers. They used to have a US equivalent, Play international, but I think that closed a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 am

Yeah, GAME is in the shit right now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-01-game-in-trouble-as-doubt-cast-on-ability-to-stock-new-games

They've agreed a new deal but have had to cut back a lot, which means stocking fewer games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

@Moose: that explains there glorified rental service, with taht 5 pound dealie, it ensures they have money when they sell that product again used.

SimianWonder wrote:
An online retailer based on the Isle of Wight, if memory serves. They sell games, DVD, Blu Rays, TVs, books, toys, computers... pretty much everything. Because they're based offshore though, they don't pay tax on a lot of their goods, so they can undercut most other retailers. They used to have a US equivalent, Play international, but I think that closed a few years ago.
OH right that makes sense, i used to love play then about 3 or 4 years ago there service really declined.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Just had ntoher e-mail, informing me they're not stocking Mass Effect 3 either. Given that Game / Gamestation were the only places allegedly getting the N7 (Special) edition, where the hell do we buy that from now?

What a load of shit, pre-ordered that fucking thing months ago and they tell you the fucking week before? In case you can't tell, I'm genuinely really fucking annoyed.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Following a helpful tip off from someone online, Blockbuster are now offering the N7 Edition and for a fiver less than Game were. Suffice to say, feel a bit better again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...   Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game / Gamestation no longer stocking all new titles...
Page 1 of 1