Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before Watchmen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:18 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-mendelson/before-watchmen-comics_b_1254818.html

Buzzing around the net, the greatest comic of all time(imo) is getting a prequel series focusing on the main characters, and the Minutemen. What do yall think about that?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 pm

No Alan Moore = uninterested.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Why not? Alan Moore always be hating on shit, not that he ain't right most the time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Alan Moore wrote everything in the book in a certain way for a reason. The way the movie was directed just showed how even something so popular that has been dissected by fans continually can be turned into that pile of crap and proves that people can completely miss the point of something. The number of retcons and general fuck ups writing a prequel would most likely be painful.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:05 pm

DC is obviously betting that this is going to outsell Avengers vs. X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I dunno how to feel about this shit personally. I'm a massive fan of Watchmen, favorite graphic novel, and I've always wanted more about the story especially Manhattan, Comedian, and Rorsach.

The Minutemen story also peaks my interest, there was even a time when Moore wanted a prequel focusing on Minutemen, but DC was being dicks or some shit and wouldn't. Now they won't let him, I personally wish Moore had gotten to write the Minutemen prequel. I dunno if they'll do the story justice, they probably won't, but I'll probably read it anyway. T_T
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Minutemen is the only series that has promise, because we know next to nothing about them and Darwyn Cooke has proven that he can both tell a great Golden Age story and a story with great tragedy hidden beneath a nice coat of faux-happiness.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 pm

^I actually agree with you their mostly agree. Minutemen is the series that if this turns out to be good is gonna be the best.

But Comedian's journey could be interesting, especially his war past, he was fucking insane, and I think some of the fucked up shit, and what led him to be all fucked up could be pretty interesting. That and Rorschach I dunno where his story would go, the one I think that is gonna e the hardest to make is Manhattan.

His story made sense within Watchmen, but in a prequel series what's he gonna do? Fight costumed villains, he'll just atomize them, or send them to Pluto. I dunno where his story is going on, but they said it'll focus on his transformation from a man to a god.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 pm

But we already know everything we need to know about Comedian, Rorschach and all. Yes, we can have them go on random misadventures, but those add absolutely nothing to the story of Watchmen.

And that is why I'm putting my money in Civil War II: Mutant Boogaloo. Because we haven't seen that yet!

(But really I just hate the Avengers and can't wait for them to be schooled by comics' greatest superheroes).
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Tbh Tho I prefer this far more then Avengers vs X Men. These days I don't keep up with comics like I use too tho.

But This is something that peaked my interest but also has me conflicted about where the story was gonna go. Personally I wanna see more Minutemen, find out about Hooded Justice, and those guys.

But still like I said, I wanna see wtf there gonna do with Manhattan. Any ideas, and there could be new info about Comedian maybe..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Before Watchmen  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before Watchmen    Before Watchmen  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before Watchmen
Page 1 of 1