Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Serious Sam 3: BFE Empty
PostSubject: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:31 am

Got it for $20, almost finished downloading. From what I've heard the game spends half an hour taking shots at Call of Duty before it actually starts doing its own thing, will C/D this later.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:22 am

So yeah the first two missions are kinda bad compared to the old SS games, the maps are really closed in and linear and you're rarely confronted with more than 5 or 6 enemies at a time. I did enjoy all the little jokes at other games expense though, having Sam call all the marines Rodriguez and being chastised because they wanted identities of their own was a highlight.

Once those two missions are done with though (took me about 40 minutes on Hard) the game really hits its stride and feels much more like The First/Second Encounter, it starts off by throwing small (20+) groups of the basic soldier zombies at you then ramps up to a group of the big cyclops things that charge at you before sending you into a passage where you get attacked by what was probably more than a hundred kamikaze guys, some skeleton horse things and the first bull alien of the game. You then face one of the rocket launching walkers as a boss fight and move on to mission 4 where, I assume, shit gets real.

From what I've seen of it so far this game is basically what Duke Nukem Forever should have been, it's loads of fun, true to the originals (aside from the very start) and doesn't take itself seriously at all. I can only imagine the co-op is even better and the competitive multiplayer should be decent though I haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:46 pm

This is what playing Serious Sam is actually like. Ignore the Generic FPS Assault Rifleā„¢, this was still somewhat in the 'taking the piss' stage before I got the rocket launcher.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:17 am

That looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:39 am

On a side note we should really play Serious Sam HD again whenever Raz gets back.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 am

I'm up for Serious Sam HD again sometime. I'll definitely pick this up when I can/sale/some other reason.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 am

I'm up for butsecks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE   Serious Sam 3: BFE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious Sam 3: BFE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Games General Discussion :: Play Throughs-
Jump to: