Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most boring way to cover a song.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The most boring way to cover a song. Empty
PostSubject: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Female singer + Piano music = boring cover

Original:

Cover:

Original:

Cover:

Original:

Cover:

And so on. They're not necessarily great songs to begin with, but this style of cover always annoys me. They're shit.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Also, the top comment on that Wherever You Will Go cover is golden. I hate that woman's voice. The way she says "wherever" bugs the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:57 pm

I heard that wherever you will go the other day and though it was terrible, i weren't bothered by DJ Sammy's versions as i quite liked the dance remix even if the candlelight remix was a bit odd.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:15 pm

i like piano music, though i don't feel like listening to those videos at the moment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 pm

The Smiths, The Calling and Bryan Adams are bad artists and you should feel bad for caring that people are doing terrible covers of their terrible songs.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:40 am

Not really a fan of any of them, but The Smiths are at least okay.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:53 am

The Smiths are good, anyone who says otherwise is a bad person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 am

The Smiths (well, Johhny Marr) is held back by Morrisey's terrible droning voice. His lyrics could use some fine tuning as well. (MAKE A GOOD MAN TURN... BAAAAAAAAAAD?)
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:58 am

He certainly does have a unique sort of voice, that's one of the things I like about them though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 am

Heard another one earlier.

Original:

Cover:

She's not even singing the words by the end of it, she's just yelling.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh Christ. Who decided it would be a good idea for Leona Lewis to cover Hurt? Not even Johnny Cash could top the original. I feel dirty for listening to it.

Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh Christ. Who decided it would be a good idea for Leona Lewis to cover Hurt? Not even Johnny Cash could top the original. I feel dirty for listening to it.

*Video Here*

Trent Reznor wrote:
I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. [I felt like] I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore... It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. [Somehow] that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning — different, but every bit as pure

I think Trent's words speak volumes on how well Johnny handled the song. Not sure how I feel about this chick's version of it, however. But I will say that hearing a chick sing it is different.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:09 am

I can't believe it. Linkin Park covered Adele and their version turned out to be the boring piano one.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Original:

Yet another boring female piano cover version that for some reason is topping the charts;

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Original:

Cover:

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:09 pm

This one irritates the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 am

After hearing a cover of REM's Everybody Hurts done in this style on some advert, I was annoyed. I discovered it was by someone called Jasmine Thompson, who has a lot of covers done in that style.

She's 13. Seems like she's building a fanbase on social networks and youtube, doing requested covers. She had another cover on a Sainsburys advery last year, and it charted as a single. She's self-published on iTunes, and this year she supported Cody Simpson on tour (never heard of it but apparently he's big in Australia). It's very impressive.

So now I feel bad for instantly disliking her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most boring way to cover a song.   The most boring way to cover a song. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most boring way to cover a song.
Page 1 of 1