Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third

Go down 
+5
Neo
Baal
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
brandon
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Empty
PostSubject: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 pm

and giggles before he even starts playing because of whored mode
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:39 pm

BD also giggles at the opening intro of this and pierces japanese commercial advertisement
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 pm

the first three missions and it's already more over the top and goofier than SR2
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 pm

i'm having a blast kicking people in the nuts and the vagina
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:26 am

I heard that after the initial missions you get booted back down to ground level and have to work your way up again. Is that as boring as it sounds?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:39 am

There was an article on IGN that gamers getting this on the PS3 are gettting shafted. Is that true? I didn't take the time to read it. Something about less content. That's kinda retarded if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:48 am

you do lose everything but, you're in a different city controlled by a different power. i don't find it boring at all. and i have no idea about less content
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am

PS3 doesn't get less content, it just doesn't get the promised exclusive content. Wether it's gone or no longer exclusive, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:58 am

I always get top billing. I'm so happy I ordered this from the THQ site because not only do I get the season pass DLC but I still got the pre-order stuff, life is good. Anyways, after this annoying install is done then I can get to enjoying what's going to be definite game of the year.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 am

ok, time for some hate, steel port is small as fuck right now. i really hope there are more hidden areas similar to the underground mall in 2 because in less than an hour, all the ? locations are all discovered.

i'm liking the gameplay tweaks a lot, though. i was also surprised to see some new enemies that aren't just a different gang, one gang even seemed to have weird special abilities too
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:07 am

Okay, I've been doing story missions (I know, Saints Row is famous for its deep storytelling) and I noticed that not only does the driving feel a bit weird but the aiming feels so awkward. Was Saints Row 2 like this too? I really can't remember. Either way, it's not too much of a problem and I'm sure I'll adjust but I need to play the game some more before I judge other stuff.

I love how I'm already able to launch a bomb this early in the game with a position device.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:41 am

Saints Row 2 had shit controls. It's what kept me from liking it, and what I was worried most about with this one. So they're still bad?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:38 am

no, the controls are an improvement. aiming and shooting on the fly are easier now because the control scheme is similar to that of a first person shooting game. driving is my only complaint since X is for sharp turns instead of L2. i have yet to try shooting while driving but i think that would be a pain with any control scheme

Last edited by i<3claire on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 am

The only thing I really didn't like about SR2 controls was having the weapon wheel mapped to circle and not being able to move while you used it. Should have been on a shoulder button or paused the game imo.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 am

that's the same in this
here is the control scheme on foot/

X - jump
O - weapon wheel / grenade selection with d-pad
square - pick up objects / reload
triangle - grab human shield / throw away shield / enter vehicle / acivation
L1 - fine aim / special attack
R1 - shoot / quick attack
L2 - sprint
R2 - throw grenade
L3 - crouch
R3 - melee grab / human shield execution
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 am

the syndicate brutes are getting very annoying
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:50 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-18-buy-saints-row-the-third-on-ps3-get-sr2-free

So you get Saints Row 2 (digital) for free with this game. For a second I was convinced to buy it, but then I remembered I didn't like Saints Row 2, and buying one game I don't particularly want right now to get another game I didn't like for free is dumb.

Still, the offer lasts until February. Might pick it up in the January sales.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:26 am

Sweet glad i traded in my saints row 2 now i'll probably pick this up around then to.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:59 am

cool, doubt i'll play it though. i find SR3 a lot funner even if a few things were dumbed down a little
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm almost at the end of Act 2 and SR3 is seriously a shitload of fun. The new air vehicles are amazing, the story is really fun, I never get tired of clotheslining mooks or giving them a facebuster and the dialogue is really fucking hilarious at points too. The new decision thing is a really nice addition as it not only has benefits no matter what but it's also not very intrusive... it seems really bizarre though.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:20 pm

if you're ever up for just some city takeover stuff or survival challenges we should co-op
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Have either of you tried co-op yet? I'm hearing it's pretty laggy on consoles but I'll believe you guys over random people on forums. Also is there a video record mode like the PC version has?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh yeah this game gets major points for having Ratatat on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 pm

i play co-op all the time. i've gotten D/C like twice and lag is minimal but still noticeable, though i've only played with peopl across the street from me. there's only screenshot in console version.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:06 pm

got the F69 VTOL fighter jet. it's fucking awesome, was shooting at my friend for some laughs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third   Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal and BD get Saints Row: the Third
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next