Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird or What?

Go down 
+2
SSMG
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 am

Anyone seen this show? It's so dumb. They'll have a phenomena. They'll have an eyewitness who talks about their experience of the phenomena. Then a scientist will come on and explain very clearly why said phenoma is fake or impossible. After that a nutcase claiming to be a scientist will come on and spout a bunch of nonsensical shit to prove the phenomena is real. Then at the end the narrator goes "Well, how about all that, huh? Is said phenomena real or not? I guess we'll never know."

I assume the idea is present a balanced view but most of the time you just can't. You cannot, for example, present a balanced view on the existence of shadow people. Some woman says she saw a shadow person chasing her. Then an evolutionary behavioural scientist expert guy will say "People see shapes or objects in random patterns all the time. People also feel threatened by, and suspicious of, the unknown. Certain places can induce this state of fear where people will look for or even imagine threats when really there are none. Places like caves, forests, places with lots of shadows. And it so happens these are the places where most "shadow people" sightings happen."

Now at this point I'm thinking "Alright then, that's that cleared up". But then some lunatic will come on and say "Shadow people are real. I think they are people from a parallel dimension that have managed to master the graviton and use it create inter-dimensional portals to come through to our world. And they happen to look like shadows. I'm gonna prove this real soon, I swear". After which the narrator makes himself look like an idiot by acting like both explanations are equally plausible. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:00 am

I love shows like this, when it tries to make the lunatic theory just as rational and on equal grounds as the easiest possible solution. I love them not because I believe they should be equal, just because some people are so ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:05 am

You guys should watch Ghost Adventures. It's like some dego retards from jersey pretending ghosts are real in places. It's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm glad Moose doesn't believe in shadow people they always get the haters first.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Finding Bigfoot is the most pointless show ever, because simply by the show existing I know they're not going to find bigfoot.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 am

I mean really. These guys found some hair that they thought was bigfoot hair, so they took it to a DNA lab. The music, the editing, the voice over, everything about the show was trying to suggest that there was a chance this could be definitive proof of bigfoot's existence. But just by it being in this show it's 100% obvious that there's no chance of that.

Plus most of the show is them walking around the woods at night yelling, and sometimes they hear a noise, and they all agree that it was definitely a bigfoot.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 am

I'm going to need you to summarise the entire thing now, because that sounds hilarious.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:01 am

It's basically a few guys who think bigfoots exist, and a woman who doesn't, trying to find evidence that bigfoot exists, and failing.

Which is funny enough, but the way the show is produced is what takes it to the next level. Sometimes it's edited like a comedy. One time (at night in the woods) one of them saw something on the thermal camera, and there was a big music sting and it cut to commercials. After the commercial break they realised it was just another member of their team standing a few hundred meters away.

I can only assume the people in front of the camera had absolutely no input on post-production, and were tricked into thinking the show would be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:07 am

Well in a way that makes sense. They probably shot it aiming for a serious show but then at some point someone realised it was completely ridiculous so they changed the format to try to salvage it, or something.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 am

Huh, I looked it up and it's had 3 seasons, with a 4th on the way. I guess they're happy with it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:51 am

This user review from IMDB sums it up pretty well.

Quote :
This show is ridiculously bad. The absurd claim of "facts" that Matt Moneymaker and Bobo make are inane to say the least. Matt Moneymaker is especially annoying. Everything is a "Squash" to him. No matter how absurd the claim, how fake the so-called evidence (usually a sound miles away in the woods, a muddy shoe print, a broken twig, a far away and blurry photo or out of focus video), he utters his annoying phrase "There's a squash in these woods." Sadly, both him and Bobo claim they have been looking for Big Foot for the last 25 years. Yet, with never finding Big Foot, no evidence of Big Foot, no photos, no videos... Matt claims to be an "expert." He takes the credit for coming up with "wood knocking" because he claims Big Foot's go around wood knocking. He also takes credit for Big Foot Calls, because, you guessed it, he claims Big Foot's go around screeching in the woods. Even when videos are clearly people or hikers, he claims they are a Big Foot. And Matt and Bobo verbalize about how Big Foot try to drown deer, how they wrap their bodies in moss to sleep, and the reason no bones have ever been found is because Big Foot's "hide" the bodies. Matt and Bobo are so stupid they are an insult to stupid people.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:05 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:39 am

You know South Park actually did a Finding Bigfoot bit.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 am

You know what channel I love? H2. Which apparently means History 2, but having watched it I'm sure H2 stands for The Conspiracy Theory and Aliens Channel.

There's this one show called Ancient Aliens. The ancient places and cultures the show touches on are actually pretty interesting. But the best thing is how in nearly every episode starts with roughly the same quote from the narrator:

Quote :
Mainstream archeology agrees this place is around 3'000 years old. But some people think it's 12'000 years and was built by aliens wooooooo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weird or What? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird or What?   Weird or What? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird or What?
Page 1 of 1