Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani

Go down 
+2
SimianWonder
Kaio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Empty
PostSubject: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 am

A bit disappointing, isn't it? I've listened to it a couple of times and it just doesn't seem as infectious as the likes of We Are, Hikari E, Kokoro no Chizu or Fight Together.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm

The vocals are great, but what's missing is a good, memorable melody to go along with it. You can still recognise We Are immediately even without Kitadani's vocals, not so much with this song.

I'm also getting a bit bored with the Straw Hat slideshow without context. Sure, they make for great wallpapers, but would it be such a hassle to have them show off their fighting styles like in the early openings?

Did like the passing of the hat though. That was a nice sequence.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:22 pm

It's leagues ahead of the one right before it. It is hard to top We Are, though, so I wasn't really disappointed by it. I do agree with Kaio though, the melody is nothing special while the vocals are good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Kaio wrote:
Did like the passing of the hat though. That was a nice sequence.

Yeah, that was nice. I especially liked Roger's smile; you can almost see that's he's thinking "fuck you world, here I come!"

Skip wrote:
It's leagues ahead of the one right before it.

Really? Fight Together was way, way better.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 pm

It went for too long. I wouldn't have minded it if it were half the length.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm

It was quite long, yes (2.30 I think) but it was a much catchier song than this. I even preferred the artwork that went with it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm

All the 2:30 minute openings are too long. At least Fight Together had great visuals.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 am

Kaio wrote:
I'm also getting a bit bored with the Straw Hat slideshow without context. Sure, they make for great wallpapers, but would it be such a hassle to have them show off their fighting styles like in the early openings?

All of the opening's visuals were pretty disappointing. It mostly consisted of anime intro cliches we've all seen before countless times: a character randomly running on the same spot, still shots of people they've met/going to meet, more stupid imagery that represents nothing, etc. It's all pretty underwhelming considering they've reached the time skip. Also the song having an unmemorable melody is exactly what I thought when I heard it.

OP deserves better, Toei. What it needs is more awesome.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:40 am

My favorites are still We Are and Hikari E...both FUNi versions of course.

This opening theme isn't bad though.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
PoweredBy42
First Mate
PoweredBy42

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm kinda sick of this opening because we've had it since the new world started and it's been more than a year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani   One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece opening 15: "We Go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani
Page 1 of 1