Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Go down 
+4
Talking Sock
Zero
Kaio
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:08 pm

A Bad-Ass Mofo wrote:
Yea I guess they had really high hopes for this. Plus for some reason anything 7 or below on a scale of 10 in the video game world is shit. It doesn't make any sense. You might as well just have good game/not good game.
Action RPGs always get poor ratings, thats the other thing. Reviewers arent objective enough which means we get bad reviews for any beatemups or action RPGs out that basically means a huge majority of games i like will rarelt if ever score over 8 on review.

For instance i got hunted and its one of the coolest games i played this gen, levels have secret paths which are as big as the levels themselves and when i say secret i mean, hidden walls with hidden switches that, move open with the bricks manipulating, literally one of the coolest effects i've see in a game ever. That scored a 6 all around. this willl be the same but better i'm sure.

Also dunno why reviewers say the enemies are all the same when they're not. You fight all manner of monsters with all manner of classes. Yet play a war game with just one type of soldier the whole way through and you never hear that complaint.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

This game is extremely polished, very good graphics. An excellent skill tree. Have absolutely no idea what the complaints were about. Seriously you only need to play 5 minutes of this to gather it covers all the areas you expect from a typical action RPG/ dungeon crawler and does them all right.

There's really no room for complaint unless you dislike that type of game.

You can also mod armour fight in a variety of styles and all 3 characters are very different. If you're getting this get a mic and i'll play with you.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:44 am

So is this worth getting for like $30? Bearing in mind I have lots of games to play already.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:56 am

Na. I would say its worth it, but we got lost planet to play through anyways.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:58 am

Yeah I that's what I was thinking. Had I less games to play I'd have snapped it up pretty quickly. But I just don't know if I'd get around to it at present.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:02 pm

So I pirated this to see if it was any good because I noticed it was really cheap on ozgameshop. It's a pretty sick game, I mean all three of the characters are fun to play as, so I expect it's good co-op and has good replay value. It's not the best LotR game about because you can't play as Gandalf, or a Gandalf related product, but the elf sorceress seems alright I GUESS. Anyway I rotated characters as I played through the first level / area / place, because you can do that.

The elf sorceress feels a bit weak at first but looking at her skill tree she gets a lot better at higher levels, like seriously powerful, her force push thing is pretty cool. I didn't get a lot unlocked, and I stayed away from support since I was on my own. Her battle powers aren't great at first. They use far too much magic for the damage they do, and this is primarily why I suspect she gets a lot better as time goes on and you get more skills; mainly ones which give you more magic, make recharging it easier, and increase damage.

The badass dwarf seems to be the best at tanking which sounds about right. He can deal good damage too. He was the first character I played and so I barely put any skill points in anything. But he's got this boss buff which increases his armour, health and damage output, all of which you can boost further as you gain more skill points. So I imagine that will be useful. He also gets an AOE crowd control move which is decent, though it looks as though it gets amazing once you upgrade it, and a powerful single target attack which I didn't use.

Aragorn Not-Aragorn seems like he oculd be cool too. By the time I got around to using him (he was last on the list) I already had a good few skill points available so I decided to actually make a build rather than just play around with his shit. I put all my points into his invisibility thing, because it sounded the most fun, and it's awesome. I imagine it'll only get better as you get stronger and put more points into it. He also has a few buffs and archery, but the long range attacks seem pretty weak in this game so I'm not sure it's actually viable to invest wholly in it.

Basically Buu, if you're game I'll buy this after Christmas and we can bro-op it up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 am

I traded it in but i don't mind rebuying if you think you could get into it properly.

The ranger is probably the best character throughout the game as he never seems underpowered. The dwarf gets insane projectiles near the end, i never played with the elf much but her spell list seems decent, but by the time i played with her i was too used to relying on melee, from playing as the others i kept getting my ass handed to me by trolls.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 am

Well all of the characters look good to play as, so yeah I think it would at least merit 3 playthroughs. For $25 that's a steal. I'll let you know when I order it and you can see if you can get it cheap anywhere. I expect that wouldn't be too difficult though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Just bought this as it was cut even further due to Christmas sales, won't arrive for like 2 weeks though so you've got time to bargain hunt if you like Buu.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I'll see if i can get it at a decent price i don't wanna pay too much otherwise I should really be buying stuff like all star battle royale.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 3:10 pm

I'll wait till i see what i get for christmas I kinda want it again if i got someone to play with.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:54 am

Downloaded this and thought it was decent, definitely worth $20 at least, so I ordered a copy. Doubt it'll arrive until the new year though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 pm

I was interested in renting it way back but my local rental store never got the game. But seeing as how the game is rather cheap now and we could have a fun little party here, I may just nab it too.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Don't forget only 3 of us can be playing at a time.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Just had a bit more of a play around with this on PC, cheated to max out every character, and I'm cool with playing the dorf if the ranger and mage are taken. He's the manliest anyway.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Neo wrote:
Just had a bit more of a play around with this on PC, cheated to max out every character, and I'm cool with playing the dorf if the ranger and mage are taken. He's the manliest anyway.
I don't know about you and Buu but I intended to do a playthrough as each one, so we should all get around to playing them all.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 pm

My copy arrived yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Bastard.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm

You should, like, move to somewhere that has an international airport.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Mine arrived today. Let us know when you get this again, Buu.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:53 pm

I've decided to get WitN too(in a store, so you wouldn't have to worry about me waiting for a delivery). It's cheap enough and won't deter my other purchase of Anarchy Reigns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North   Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2