Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.

Go down 
+2
Skip
SSMG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Empty
PostSubject: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:16 am

So I was watching Teletoon retro pretty much all day as that's my way to get over the flu. So anyways a show came on today that I remember watching all the time as a kid, but I completely forgot about it until I seen it again today.
It's an older show from like the 60's I think, called "Stop the Smoggies".. It's about some hippy people living on an island and they are being robbed of resources by the "smoggies" a group of 3 people on a steam ship and they are poluting and killing the land. It brought back memories and it was a good and funny show

I'll post the intro to see if it sparks any memories, I didn't rememeber the show by the title, but as soon as I seen the intro i knew what show it was.

Did anyone else watch this as a kid?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:25 am

Looks like an inferior Captain Planet without anything that made Captain Planet awesome.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 am

Yeah it's definitely not as good as Captain planet, but I enjoyed it still.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:59 pm

I watched bits and pieces as a kid.

Otherwise the only show I watch on teletoon retro is Reboot. Pissed me off last week when they stopped airing it at 12:30, I caught it every lunch break. Now I have to watch crap while I eat.

Oh and sometimes I watch Neds Newt, Classic spiderman, spiderman, friendly neighborhood spiderman, and finally a little Thundercats.

overall decent channel at times.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I knew you were in fact a 60 year old man.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Ahaha only in mentality Buu. But I was wrong it's not from the sixties, this first aired in 1988.

And Ace I watch all those shows too. I love this channel, brings back soo many memories. Yeah I think they moved Reboot to a later time slot, I always see it on around 2 in the morning. I still watch it whenever I see it on.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:52 pm

A Smurf/Captain planet cartoon?
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Lol yeah pretty much.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

No, but I watch Teletoon Retro as well, and I saw a commercial for it. I checked it out on YouTube, and the episodes have the old Teletoon logo, meaning it used to be on Teletoon, but I don't remember it. I think it was made in the 80's though.

I noticed that the guy that voices the Captain of the Smoggies is the same guy that does Mr. Haney's voice on Arthur.

Also, the lady, who the Captain guy loves is apparently 16 years old.

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:05 pm

I don't think that girl is actually 16... I watched that episode today, and they only had 16 candles for her birthday cake and it was only because that's all poluto could find. She said something about this isnt her first 16th birthday too.
She has a fear of growing old and wants the magic coral in order to go back to her youthful days so i doubt she is 16. She sounds like a 50 year old hag too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.   Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone watch/ remember this show? Stop the Smoggies.
Page 1 of 1