Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medievil

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 pm

It's gone for good, unfortunately. You'll be getting a badasser one soonif you get all the chalices so far (beat up bast Scarecrow field with them and you get the broad swoard) and wont be seeing theiving imps until way later in the game. Swords suck against them. club/hammer is the way to go.

I'm gonna play this again too since this topic has made me crave it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Scratch that, Resistance 3 is in my mailbox. I'll be playing that for the next few months pretty much exclusively.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:04 pm

well post if its worth everyone else getting, i'm curious about it but i was disappointed with 2 so i'm not so keen on the series atm
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Started playing this game today, don't share Skip's enthusiasm towards it
I place it with Pyro among decent PS1 games with need of improved color palette, color's are kinda too bright
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Do i need to kill scarecrows to get the chalice, the book says to trap them? Also how do i trap them?

Also how do i do a daring dash?

EDIT: I just used the dragon to kill the scarecrows.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Yea. light them on fire with the club at this point. They are intense to bring down. By trap them the book meant to use your Daring Dash (D-Pad + Triangle) on the carts to trap them in an area so they can't attack you. Every enemy counts toward the challace except for crows, bats and in other levels certain plants.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks, its a good game but some things have confused me a little and i'm not being patient in terms of experimenting. I also was just running into carts pressing everything till it moved...

I think i'm going to have to cheat a little and replay a old level so i have reasonable health the last two boss battles has got me down to about 300 health, and those scarecrows hit you a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Yea scarecrows will fuck you up. Most dangerous enemy you've encountered by far. Ironically enough getting the chalice in this level gives you a sword that can take care of them pretty quickly.

And go back to the crypt now that you have the dash move. There is a break away wall that gives you a free chalice (be careful of the eenemy down there (it is slightly a different color). It is slow and cumbersome but if you let him hit you he does decent damage.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:35 pm

oh cool did not realise there was anything els on that level i broke a wall and found a life bottle when i got the hammer but didn't notice anything else.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm

I went back to Dan's crypt with the dash move and nothing is there. WHY WOULD YOU LIE TO ME?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:51 pm

to the left of the green gargoyle were you begin the game. There is a disscolored wall. hit it with your sword and it will sound different. Use a club/hammer or dash on it and you will find a mummy. Kill it for a chalice and a life bottle.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 pm

I can't get up to that part of thr crypt when i return there. That gates closed off. If you're talking about the gargoyles who are literally where your coffin is.

Just got through scarecrow field i ran through it like a bitch, i'll go back later and get my manhood back.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Afterthe game walks you down to the end and the gargoyle bitches at you, if you were to face them, it's literally to your left. You should do it as it will probably get you the broad sword which you are going to need (you can get through pumkin gorge and the following area with the hammer but it might be difficult).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Alright i'll do that now if i can't kill the mummy i'm just gonna play RE DC though. You should to. You can see if your oldness is slowing down your skills.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Alright well i went back to dan's crypt and i can definitely say other then the thing i smashed with the war hammer ages ago (where there was a life bottle) there's nothing in there and there's definitely no mummy.

I then checked a FAQ and the broad sword is attained at scarecrow fields. So I assume the old age is starting to effect the memory maybe you're talking about ME2.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 pm

The level has nothing to do with what prize you get from chalice collecting. It's how many chalices you have that affects it. That guide just assumes you are getting them all in a row...which would give you the broad sword right after scarecrow field. I didn't know you had already killed the mummy and gotten the chalice from Dan's crypt. You should have said so.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Chalice and life bottles are different things aren't they?

Life bottle the green things, which give you an extra energy store. The chalices send me to that hero place.

Or are you telling me that, if i didn't pick up the life bottle in the crypt and complete more heroes challenges i could've found something else there i.e the broadsword? If thats the case i might see if i can hero chalice somewhere else before doing scare crow field as those scarecrows are annoying..
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:45 pm

The chalice is the cup that fills up after you kill and enemy. Did you get it in Dan's Crypt? You couldn't get it undtil you had the ability to break down the wall. There is a mummy behind the breakable wall, killing it fills the calice up to 100% (it is in the same area). There should be an extra life bottle (green bottle that gives you lives) in that secret area as well.

Since we are on secrets, if you go back to the level "Return to the Graveyard" right at the begining there is a little river. There will be coffins floating down them. Carefully drop onto the coffins as they float by and you will be taken to a place with a crap ton of goodies.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 pm

i dunno whats going on then, cause i can't find this wall in dan's crypt. I found one breakable wall but there definitely wasn't a mummy, and on the episode guide i've not got a chalice icon for ti either.

Is there more then one breakable wall? If not it seems like i've run into a glitch as the only breakable wall i can find i've broken several tiems on revisits to check what you told me.

I'll definitely check out the graveyard thing. Appreciating the help this game is hard.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Oh man I looked it up and it's my bad. I was gettinng this and the PSP remake mixed together. there is no chalice in the original. there is a life bottle and treasure though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 pm

NP, i grabbed that treasure stash you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Also make sure you fix the tractor in Scarecrow fields for the chalice and another life bottle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Medievil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medievil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: