Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Street Fighter X Tekken

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22125
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I dunno, other people seem to.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm a video gamer, I come into this hobby knowing full and well that I'm going to pay out of the ass to play moving pictures that take shitloads of money to develop in this day and age. If you're a competitive player too like I am then you also find yourself spending 120+ bucks on fight sticks and new ones after that, making your own costs a lot too if you want a sturdy one.

A few DLC characters isn't really going to cause me to stir into a bitchfit, on disc or not.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 am

Is the deepest fighting game this gen?
Do you think the rerelease of Blazblue is better then this as you seem to be playing that.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 am

It's not the deepest game, but it's still a lot of fun. The basic combos of the game are a lot of fun and you can go crazy with a lot of the other shit, it has a fantastic roster of characters, all of the Tekken characters I've played so far have been really fun, even a character like Julia, who I thought would bore me to tears, is really damn fun.

And no Blazblue is not better than this, I'm not really even playing Blazblue I'm putting the story mode on and leaving it on autoplay while doing other stuff.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 am

I ended up trading in SSF4 because i had no one to play it with, do you think this is a worthy replacement. Or should i just get SSF4 arcade?

Also how do the SF characters play compared to there SSF4 counterparts have they been changed at all, and if so is this a good thing? Does the tekken characters specials work well within the mrechanics of this game or are tehy too tekkeny basically meaning they get fucked?

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 am

It's better than SFIV, a lot more fun. The walking speed is still slow, but the moves with a noticeably faster pace and bases itself more on juggling rather than footsies and projectiles. SF characters have the same moves for the most part with the exception of a few characters and the non SF4 SF characters.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 am

What about balance? Are you likely to be forced into playing as the Mishimas and Shotokans online?

Also how are teh grapplers like nina and king handled? Are their move lists effectively nerfed?

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 am

Capcom did their best in porting Tekken styles to Street Fighter styled gameplay and do a pretty good job of it. There are no real grapplers on Tekken's side besides King and he doesn't even play like a traditional grappler. Hugo's actually pretty good for a grappler, as is Zangief. Grapplers in the game are pretty well handled actually.

As far as I know, online's not really dominated by anyone, the game just came out and people are still seeing what characters do what.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 am

Your thoughts on the gem system?

Also i apologise for all the questions but you did say ask you anything lol, and you are a much more credible source then reviews and stupid people on gamefaqs.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 am

Gem System is harmless. The gems are very well balanced, the auto assist gems have such huge prices to use their effects they might as well not exist and the only problem with them is that Capcom's planning to release a good portion as DLC so your wallet's gonna hit for a good amount if you're gonna buy them like I am.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am

Well hopefully they don't pull that shit where each of the gems packs only has one good gem that you would actually use. That shit would be trolling hardcore.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 am

Again gems are there mainly to mess with your own playstyle that you want to create, the standard gems you automatically have should be enough to hold you over should you not want to buy any.,

_________________
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged


Posts : 2715
Joined : 2009-12-22
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 am

Spoiler:
 
lul

Putting all that aside, this is easily Capcom's best fighter this gen. Still not buying it until a "Super" version comes out, though.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9299
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:19 am





Some of the Dlc gems look quite broken, like the one that auto-blocks for only 1/8 of your meter.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:02 am

Welp, nice to see DLC gems are looking pretty stupid. Whatever, I just won't buy them and I'll manage online without them.

The Fat Guy From Pokemon wrote:
Savage's Picture

Hahaha, oh my god. Did someone actually make this? People are such babies sometimes.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Baal wrote:
Hahaha, oh my god. Did someone actually make this? People are such babies sometimes.
I still don't understand why you think this sort of thing is okay.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 pm

It would be one thing if people were just mad, but to sit there and make a huge ass image for it describing how enraged and hateful you are towards a company because of how they want to sell their game and telling people to not buy their game because of it is just sad. The fact is, the data on the disc is not yours, it's Capcom's. You're paying for the right to buy the disc and play the data on it, it is Capcom's decision to do with the data as they please and if they feel like sealing off 12 characters to sell at a later time, then they can do that. It may not be the best business practice in the long run, but hey let them dig their own grave if you really think it's that detrimental to them.

In summation:

_________________
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 pm

But a boycott, despite the fact that it'll never happen because apparently most people don't care about being treated like shit, is the only way to let a company know that what they're doing is wrong.
If people continue to buy their games anyway, even if they bitch about it, at the end of the day Capcom still gets money and won't give a fuck. Assuming that whoever made that infographic actually holds back from ever buying the game they're just doing what's best for themselves and for the industry as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:58 pm

No one really has a say for what's best for the industry as a whole when this is an industry that's very commonly based on X factors... especially fighting games. Either way, a boycott is not going to stop Capcom from doing this because people still buy their games, why? Because they're fun. Shit on Capcom's business practices as much as you want, at the end of the day they still do make good games that people genuinely want and will pay DLC for to enhance the experience... to be honest, that sort of annoys me too but not enough to stop me from enjoying a hobby I've practiced for 16 years.

_________________
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22125
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah, I can't take people seriously when they say things like "making you buy things you already bought". When you buy a game you buy it as advertised. Those extra characters are not included and no one ever said they were. The game is the same as it was before this was discovered. Nothing is being taken away.

If you don't like the practice then fair enough, but that kind of entitlement just annoying.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly


Posts : 15474
Joined : 2008-08-04
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:06 pm

isn't it already well known capcom likes to milk people?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, I can't take people seriously when they say things like "making you buy things you already bought". When you buy a game you buy it as advertised. Those extra characters are not included and no one ever said they were. The game is the same as it was before this was discovered. Nothing is being taken away.

If you don't like the practice then fair enough, but that kind of entitlement just annoying.
If you found out that in actuality all PS3 slim's had PS2 full backwards compatability but it was locked out. And in a few months they were going to release a DLC code that would allow you to unlock this ability for 100 pounds would you be ok with that?

The problem with your argument is sure your fine with it because for some reason you don't give a crap when it involves a game, but if it was something you'd generally like to use and couldget a lot of use out of i assure you it would be annoying. Not to say that guys Jpeg is pretty hilarious. I'm suprised anyone could not find it annoying to see this business practice. I mean sure no need to be vocal about it but you can hardly be happy about it or think its a good thing.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:36 pm

No one's saying they're happy about or that it's a good thing, we just don't care.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Well the problem is if this sells well and the DLC also sells well, they will keep on doing it.

Sure the vocal people are annoying but they are trying to fight the big corporations the only way they know how. Admittedly i do find vocal people annoying but honestly they are ultimately trying to help other people out. So i can't be too annoyed with them.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:02 pm

First of all, the vocal people for the most part aren't approaching the situation any other way than "CAPCOM IS GUTTING US FOR MONEY, WE WILL NOT HEAR OTHERWISE", I have very rarely seen an argument for as to why I should care about Capcom doing this other than "They are a company that wants money." It's seriously ridiculous how many people don't seem to understand that mindlessly bitching without making actual legitimate points to their argument.

The best argument you could make against me caring about DLC like this is "It'll become the standard for DLC" and even then, it really already is. DLC has been like this for the past few years and Activision, Capcom and other big names have all gotten shit for it. This is not going to stop those companies from doing it because people are still going to buy their games. Speak out against it all you want, but ultimately in the past 4 years that DLC has existed, what has it actually done?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter X Tekken   

Back to top Go down
 
Street Fighter X Tekken
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Getting the Street Fighter Wolf 3D mod to work.
» NECA - Street Fighter IV series I & 2 & Mini SF
» Tekken 7 Fated Retribution & Tekken X Street Fighter Discussion 4 (Geese Howard now available)
» Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc
» Sota SF rounds 1,2,3 and 4 and old dcd...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Fighting :: Street Fighter-
Jump to: