Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain America: The First Avenger

Go down 
+9
Dr. Chocolate
Eevil-Psycho
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
Savage
Kaio
Baal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:21 am

Personally I'd put it at Iron Man > Thor >/= Cap > Iron Man 2. I haven't seen the 'new' Hulk yet, so I guess that'll be the next movie I watch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

This was a bit disappointing. After the scene with Blonsky dodging around shooting at Hulk I was expecting a bit more from the action scenes beyond Cap just punching people really hard. It didn't do a good job of selling his superhuman abillities.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Different directors with different ideas as to what the Super Soldier should be capable of.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:05 pm

The Hulk version was better. Although Cap having a team of regular men around who also kicked ass didn't do much to make him stand out. It's not like they even put much emphasis on him being a great leader or tactition or anything. He was just a strong guy who punched his way to victory.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I'll admit I enjoyed the hell out of Cap, but yeah, they didn't really demonstrate his full repertoire. He did manage to get the others to follow him which would suggest a certain amount of charisma, and he did infiltrate the initial Hydra base on his own, but it did come across as a bit of blind luck rather than following any great plan.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, him sneaking into the base just made Hydra look really incompetent. He barely did anything in the film and I don't think a number of the other characters could have also done.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 am

Really though Cap is only at Peak Human abilities. He's borderline super but he's not actually in the super range.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Well he did chase down that car after he got the serum. Made a lot of impossible jumps like jumping ontop of what looked like a 30 foot tall tank and then jumping off of it after it exploded. What bugged me was the shield throws. It never looked like it ever came back to him, its like he just caught it. I know they wanted realism but still that's caps shield its special that way...
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

The shield is not special, that's partly the point. It's a round shield that he just happens to be impossibly good at using as a projectile weapon, hence why he can bounce it off walls and have it come back to him and make it look like nothing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 am

Well, I'm fully caught and ready for The Avengers now at least. The first two movies, Iron Man and Hulk, are my favourite ones so far. Iron Man 2 aside, they've been getting slightly worse with each release. But that might be because Iron Man and Hulk hold up on their own while the others are more about building towards the crossover.

The cube, and Red Skull's demise, are especially guilty of that.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:07 am

Hulk was completely awful.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 am

They're all average. 'Cept for IM2 which was forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 am

Kaio wrote:
Hulk was completely awful.
What?
I'll start a petition to have Jubilee one of the main cast in the next X-Men movie, I want you to be the first to sign
Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 GaiSensei

Last edited by Dr. Faust on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:16 am

I don't think you know what forgettable means.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 am

I said all the Marvel studios movies, not IM2 alone

Damn it, I lost that good point I liked
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 am

You didn't say that. For some retarded ass reason, you thought I preferred IM2 over the other films. Then you edited your post to remove that little fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 am

SOK wrote:
You didn't say that. For some retarded ass reason, you thought I preferred IM2 over the other films. Then you edited your post to remove that little fuck up.
Did you see the picture of SM3? I asked about that movie? And it made your reply confusing

I'll now have to soak in my sorrow
Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 426145_10150574506413845_600423844_9016078_264731213_n
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 am

You're a terrible liar.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 am

The hell?
I posted this picture
Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Spider-man-3-poster-0
http://thecia.com.au//reviews/s/images/spider-man-3-poster-0.jpg

And asked if you like it more than ANY of the prequels to the Avengers movie....
And said you disappoint me if you do

Don't make me hungry
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 am

You never posted that picture and you never brought up Spidey 3. You were clearly asking if I liked IM2 more than the other Marvel films despite the fact I said it was forgettable.

Now you're trying to cover up your little mistake by bringing up this nonsense about Spidey 3. You forgot one little problem, though. In that post you changed, instead of doing something smarter like editing the Spider-Man picture in, you removed your entire response to me. Now that just looks suspicious. And it's too late to go back and fix it now, because then everyone will know you edited it again.

You've failed to veil your little faux pas, son. I win the game.

Last edited by SOK on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 am

SOK wrote:
You never posted that picture and you never brought up Spidey 3.
The fuck? That's exactly what I did
Quote :
You were clearly asking if I liked IM2 more than the other Marvel films despite the fact I said it was forgettable.
My ass

Quote :
Now you're trying to cover up your little mistake by bringing up this nonsense about Spidey 3.
It happened
Quote :
You forgot one little problem, though. In that post you changed, instead of doing something smarter like editing the Spider-Man picture in, you removed your entire response to me.
You drove me bananas
Quote :
Now that just looks suspecious. And it's too late to go back and fix it now, because then everyone will know you edited it again.
You misread that, and I didn't mention IM2
Quote :
You've failed to veil your little faux pas, son. I win the game.
It would fail even if I let if you gave it the same look
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 am

Dr. Faust wrote:
It would fail even if I let if you gave it the same look

Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 WCjGP

Oh, my God. i think I broke Faust.

Last edited by SOK on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

Of course you did
Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 69774-T6UGMIG
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 am

SOK wrote:
Oh, my God. i think I broke Faust.
Don't worry bro, there wasn't a lot to him in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am

Aye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain America: The First Avenger   Captain America: The First Avenger - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain America: The First Avenger
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next