Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three Hobbit Films

Go down 
+7
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Skip
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 pm

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit_(2012_film)

I'm sure some of you may have heard rumors for years about this. Just found this confirmation out while looking through Wiki. Discuss.

Last edited by Zero on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Not surprised. The could have made about 8 LotR films if they put everything in,.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:02 am

The only book that I felt was really lacking a chunck of content was Fellowship but that was mostly before the hobbits met up with Strider. I hope these are good as this book is what got me into the fantasy genre.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:25 am

They left out the entire epilogue with Saruman in the Shire as well.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 am

True. You don't get to see the real death of Saruman in the movies which is a bummer but the whole ending with the Scouring of the Shire would have been nice to see though I didn't feel like it was anti-climactic to leave it out. I have never seen it but in the extended version apparently Saruman is killed by Wormtongue in his tower.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:01 am

Ellis wrote:
True. You don't get to see the real death of Saruman in the movies which is a bummer but the whole ending with the Scouring of the Shire would have been nice to see though I didn't feel like it was anti-climactic to leave it out. I have never seen it but in the extended version apparently Saruman is killed by Wormtongue in his tower.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:06 am

Hmm. They both die in the same fashion as the book but I'm glad they left that out. That seemed a really cheesy way to kill them off just for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:08 am

If they tried to be completely faithful to the books, the Council of Elrond would have been it's own film. Yes, they talk for THAT long in the book.

Yeah, I've known about the two films thing for quite a while now. Personally, I think they've made good choices for the dividing subtitles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:01 am

Ellis wrote:
Hmm. They both die in the same fashion as the book but I'm glad they left that out. That seemed a really cheesy way to kill them off just for the sake of it.
There's some extremely huge differences ellis, considering the settings and such.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

I just wish Tom Bombadil was in the first LotR.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm glad he wasn't that whole beginning section of the books bored me. Despite bombadil being a joker who could save middle earth but would rather do drugs.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Skip wrote:
Ellis wrote:

But anyway I'm really glad they finally decided to do this. Been hearing about it for years. But shit, I haven't read the books in so long. I had them all read by the time I was 13.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Obviously Buu. But Wormtounge still stabbed Saurman to kill him and he still got an arrow in the chest even if it wasn't a hobbit that did it, which is still hilarious to me that there were even hobbit archers.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Ellis wrote:
Obviously Buu. But Wormtounge still stabbed Saurman to kill him and he still got an arrow in the chest even if it wasn't a hobbit that did it, which is still hilarious to me that there were even hobbit archers.
Everyone knows only elves were intelligent enough to develop a bow.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:42 pm

I imagine a hobbit bow being extremely cute.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Ellis wrote:
I imagine a hobbit bow being extremely cute.
Thats because they're made with a paper clip + rubber band combo.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 am

Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:06 am

This looks* awesome... I'm stoked.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 am

This is going to be boss.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:50 am

Oh hell yes. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Three Hobbit Films Tumblr_lv29vgwZtd1r6gv44o1_500
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Stop hating Gandalf is the single greatest character in fiction.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:55 pm

do wanna see it
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I am excited for this I just wanted to post that pic. This was the book that got me into fantasy. I love it. I don't know why it's two movies though. It really makes no sense other than just getting more cash. It literally has less pages than all three of the trilogy books.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
I am excited for this I just wanted to post that pic. This was the book that got me into fantasy. I love it. I don't know why it's two movies though. It really makes no sense other than just getting more cash. It literally has less pages than all three of the trilogy books.
I don't know how long ago you read LotR but they left a shitload out of them, could easily have made another three hour movie or two if they really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Three Hobbit Films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Hobbit Films   Three Hobbit Films Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Hobbit Films
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next