Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Vegas: War... war never changes.

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
brandon
Savage
Ellis
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:43 am

Your Dericous Huggy Buddy wrote:
Skip wrote:
Maybe if you suck.

you're fucking stupid
And you're both incredibly touchy and rather simple.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:00 am

Rough day at the office? Still you need tell us how you did it or no one will believe you.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 am

i honesty don't care anymore, drop it. this is baal's topic
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:23 am

I'm doing my Hardcore run I never did before. I was also going to do it on very hard but I think what would be more fun is to play on normal and have you guys pick my SPECIAL and tagged skills, no matter how stupid. Also you pick if I gotta play as good karma or evil and whether or not I align with Caeser's legion of NCR. So anyone want to tell me how to play it?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 am

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35869

Actually fuck that. Max out Charisma and Perception, have as little in Strength and Endurance as possible, though having 1 END is priority. You're going to pick Small Frame and Four Eyes for your traits, tag Barter, Explosives and Survival and take these perks at these levels:

2 - Swift Learner (1)
4 - Swift Learner (2)
6 - Swift Learner (3)
8 - Friend of the Night
10 - Here and Now!
12 - Animal Friend (1)
14 - Animal Friend (2)
16 - Fortune Finder
18 - Scrounger
20 - Cannibal
22 - Ghastly Scavenger
24 - Spray 'N Pray
26 - Light Step
28 - Infiltrator
30 - Explorer
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:07 am

Oh and call your character Charles Astor-Beckett, you have to get http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tuxedo_hat and http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Formal_wear as soon as possible and wear them for the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:25 am

Ok with that perk list, my Luck is gonna have to be at least 8 for fortune finder perk and scrounger. Agility at 6 for Light Step.

So it would go:
Strength - 1
Perception - 10
Endurance - 1
Charisma - 10
Intelligence - 4
Agility - 6
Luck - 8

Anyone want to tell me what I should tag and what beginning perks to choose?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:49 am

Endurance 1 is way too low, I think. You need to be able to carry at least some stuff around.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 am

1 Endurance is perfectly fine. He never said it had to be a good build.

I still think you should go with Small Frame/Four Eyes and Barter/Survival/Explosives for your traits/tag skills.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:26 am

It'll certainly add to the challenge. That's what Ellis wanted by asking us for a build.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey i chose four eyes as one of my traits it was awesome, and also small frame ...
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 pm

They're not bad traits, Four Eyes is just made completely useless because he has 10 Perception anyway and Small Frame combined with the fact that he has next to no health will make all his limbs get cripped incredibly quickly.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

I had Small Frame and low health, that was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Gonna start this soon. It does seem like its gonna be way too hard though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:50 pm

It won't be the game is really easy for anyone who's ever completed it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Well considering the fact that bullets rip through me like paper, I can only take several before I'm dead. Makes shit really hard. Got shot up by Powder Gangers and and literally the bullets crippled my arm within the first few hits (the most annoying thing in the world on hardcore). Wasn't expecting them to attack me considering I helped them fuck over Goodsprings. Now I'm villified by both of them. Fuck 'em.

I made it past primm, and am at level 6 right now. havn't done much exploring but I quit for the day after I died from a Feral Ravnger. I was literally not too far from the road going south and saw some ghouls so I was shooting at them from afar with a varmin rifle and after I killed two I noticed I did literally no damage to this one in armor. He managed to catch up to me and one shot me with a punch. I honestly thought glowing ones and roamers were the strongest ghouls to worry about. I had no idea these ravangers existed.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 am

You should be stealing and sneaking up on shit. Critical hits will make the game real easy plus you should know where manuals and good guns are if you're pro.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am

I have 1 strength. I can't use any really powerful weapons and can only carry 160 pounds of stuff and ammo and everything has weight now. I do sneak where apllicable (inside and stuff) but in the Wasteland sneaking isn't that practical most of the time and I am not wasting Stealth Boys till I know I need them.

I was getting way over zealous by shooting at those ghouls. Its not a big deal cuz I'm saving nonstop and I know I'll be able to complete the game no problem as long as I dont explore too much, its just gonna have a lot of frustrating moments.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 am

And I forgot I picked small frame. No wonder my limbs cripple neraly everytime I get shot multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 am

Ellis wrote:
I have 1 strength. I can't use any really powerful weapons and can only carry 160 pounds of stuff and ammo and everything has weight now. I do sneak where apllicable (inside and stuff) but in the Wasteland sneaking isn't that practical most of the time and I am not wasting Stealth Boys till I know I need them.

I was getting way over zealous by shooting at those ghouls. Its not a big deal cuz I'm saving nonstop and I know I'll be able to complete the game no problem as long as I dont explore too much, its just gonna have a lot of frustrating moments.
Dude i played my entire first run which was pretty much most missions with 1 strength it don't make much difference unless the played themselves has bad aim as most weapons you'll be using will only require up to 5 strength if your not melee. and if your playing melee thats where the problem is.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:28 am

I've been using a lot dynamite (I have explosives tagged so I might as well go with it) and guns. I can't do melee or unarmed...my strength and endurance are at 1. Meaning I do no damage and have no health.

And I don't believe you played your first playthrough with 1 strength.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:39 am

I had 1 strength, high luck, and agility. I probably lowered perception a bit and then used four eyes, low charisma is what i typically do are there any other traits? I probably did endurance up a bit.

I also bitched and moaned about not having a house this was because i literally had to carry everything back and forth repeaatedly it got very tedious.

I'm pretty sure agiility effectws gun damage and i couldn't o any damage with any melee weapons IIRC
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:48 am

Oh yeah Ellis you're not allowed to get Boone. With 10 Charisma he'd make the game far too easy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 am

Here's my first run. So yeah you suck. Seeing as you find it unbelievable i could manage ti on my first run.

Superbuu3 wrote:
taking a look at the perks list i realised that unarmed looked stupidly broken if you stacked all the criticals and bonuses together
so this being a first run and not on hardcore i went with:

8 agility
9 endurance
1 strength
6 luck
6 intelligence
5 perception
5 charisma

using small frame i have +1 agility
four eyes -1 per but +2 with glasses which i found.
I then used that special +1 ability when i levelled to get luck to 7 as i decided that the faster reloading ability was essentially bollocks, gonna have to see if i've made somed horrible mistakes later.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 am

I never said it was unmanagable, it's just something that would make a first playthrough very boring. So I thought you were just talking shit. The beauty of Fallout is you can not have a wrong SPECIAL make up. But still you had 9 endurance. Nothing could kill you anyway.

Plus you didn't do it on hardcore so you had a lot more space than me in your inventory because you didn't need to stay stocked in food or water (not like its that much but with only 160 available...) and having ammo have wieght means you can only really have a few decent guns at a time.

And why no Boone Neo? Sure my charisma is high so he'll be boss but he'll probably end up dead eventually and on hardcore they can't come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vegas: War... war never changes.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next