Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just saw Dark of the Moon

Go down 
+10
Zero
SimianWonder
Kaio
Baal
SSMG
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
L Ron Hubbard
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:06 pm

And RotF didn't?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 pm

I hope Michael Bay and Zach Snyder both die in a massive slowmotion explosion ridding us of their disaster movies for good.

At least Roland Emmerich makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Baal wrote:
And RotF didn't?

No. It was a bit of a disappointing sequel, but was entertaining enough and at least the pacing kept things moving along. DSotM felt like it was about an hour longer than it actually was, thanks to a terribly slow opening hour followed by a headache inducing (and hugely overlong) closing city battle consisting of Mr Bay shouting REALLY LOUD NOISES! YEAH! EXPLOSIONS! SLOW MOTION! FUCK YEAH!

It didn't help that Sam was kind of a dick in this one.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Kaio wrote:
I hope Michael Bay and Zach Snyder both die in a massive slowmotion explosion ridding us of their disaster movies for good.

I really liked 300. Does that make me a bad person?

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:37 pm

No, you are allowed to like one movie of each director because I like one movie of each director.

The Rock and Dawn of the Dead remake are the only good movies Bay and Snyder have ever made.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Bad Boys 2 is fun. Michael Bay is a lot better when he can just go nuts with explosions and action and not have to worry about characters, which unfortunately he does so Transformers suffers because of it... BADLY.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:52 am

Watchmen was decent.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 am

If you don't count the fact that it completely missed the point of the comic, sure, it was okay.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:02 am

Judged as an adaptation it was still decent.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:17 am

Eh.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:19 am

Never read the comics but as its own movie, Watchmen was decent to good.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:21 am

300 was better than Dawn of the Dead too, although the DotD remake was surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:24 am

I thought it was decent.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:35 am

300 was good.

Bad Boys 2 was shit and spent the whole time resorting to jokes about martin lawrence being shot in the butt. The first movie is a classic the 2nd made me never want to watch a will smith movie again. I think i've actually kept to that.

Sam has always been a dick. It just took you a while to notice.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Kaio wrote:

So do I. One can only hope.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah, DotD was good as well, didn't realise that was Snyder. Watchmen was a competent enough film too, though that's hardly high praise.

Bad Boys 2 was utter shit, but the first was quite subtle for Bay, and The Rock is genuinely great.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Dawn of the Dead had James Gunn writing and a lot of involvement from other people, so that's why it turned out so well.

Watchmen was a dumb as hell adaption made by a fanboy who managed to miss the entire point of the comic he was adapting and blew his budget on regular vigilantes performing superhuman feats and cgi cock. It is baffling that this movie has so many fans, because it ruined the source material more than Spider-Man ever did, a movie series that gets much more hate for its unfaithfulness.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:36 pm

It's been a while since I read Watchmen, but which aspect do you think the movie failed to capture?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 pm

A lot of Manhattan's wang and the sex scenes did not help.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:47 pm

The turning of regular vigilantes into superpowered heroes. He missed the entire point of the comic with this. These were supposed to be (physically) ordinary people putting on tights, endangering themselves, and beating people up for no sensible reason. It was meant to be a "realistic" deconstruction of vigilantes and superheroes, yet Snyder has them effortlessly shattering bones, moving at superspeed, and knocking people 20-30 feet with a punch or a kick as if they have superpowers just because it looked cooler that way and makes way for a slew of SLOWMOTION ACTION.

And there's the ending which sucks the entire depth out of the original ending and again shows how little Snyder understood of the source material.

Zack Snyder's storytelling is the COMPLETE opposite of the one Alan Moore used in Watchmen. How that guy got to be in the director's chair with such an insane budget is ridiculous. It's like explosion happy, women exploiting Michael Bay getting to make a 200 million adaption of Y: The Last Man.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Of course, even without counting the source material there's still a slew of other problems.

The female actresses were all bad.
SLOWMOOOOOOTIOOOOOOOON
Unneeded gore
The movie never explained how any of these superheroes got their super powers.
Aside from the opening, every music choice was bad
I felt no sympathy to the loss of life when New York was blown up.
There seemed to be a lot of subplots and minor characters that went nowhere.
The out of sequence storytelling didn't benefit the film and just slowed down the narrative.
We really didn't need to see Dr. Manhattan's shlong repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Baal wrote:
A lot of Manhattan's wang and the sex scenes did not help.

The film was so infamous for that and yet I can't help but feel I'm the only one who didn't notice it. Yeah, I completely missed it. I guess I never bothered to look down at him at all.

Also, the long sex scene with Owl and Spectre was just horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Kaio wrote:
The turning of regular vigilantes into superpowered heroes. He missed the entire point of the comic with this. These were supposed to be (physically) ordinary people putting on tights, endangering themselves, and beating people up for no sensible reason. It was meant to be a "realistic" deconstruction of vigilantes and superheroes, yet Snyder has them effortlessly shattering bones, moving at superspeed, and knocking people 20-30 feet with a punch or a kick as if they have superpowers just because it looked cooler that way and makes way for a slew of SLOWMOTION ACTION.

And there's the ending which sucks the entire depth out of the original ending and again shows how little Snyder understood of the source material.

A very fair point.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:33 am

Only one part really bugged me. When Rorschach jumped out of the burning building, instead breaking his ankle and being promptly arrested he landing on hi feet perfectly and started kicking ass.

Other than that I never thought of them having super powers, apart from Ozymandias. But even in the comic I thought that about him.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Just rented this. Since when did Optimus Prime become a ruthless killer? His thirst for robo-blood knew no bounds in this film. Speaking of which, 'sup with the blood/red goop spewing out of the bots' wounds every time they got badly damaged? I don't remember that in the other films.

And what the bloody hell's up with all the insane screaming?

Still, it was better than RotF. Still awful and too damn long, but better.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just saw Dark of the Moon
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next