Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sword of the stranger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

Sword of the stranger Empty
PostSubject: Sword of the stranger   Sword of the stranger Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:24 pm

My buddy just let me borrow this movie last night. I just got finished watching it and well this is one of my new favorite movies. It's an anime movie based on feudal china and japan fighting each other during the Ming dynasty I believe. Anyways it had amazing and I mean amazing animation, probably the best I've ever seen.The fights scenes are what really makes this movie stand out. It had good plot and good characters you can feel for. I'd recommend it if you want to kill a quick 2hrs or so.

I didn't know whether to put this in the movies category or anime so I went with this.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sword of the stranger   Sword of the stranger Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:03 am

I remember checking this out when some Japanophile couldn't handle the fact that I kept proving how Western animation was better. It actually did look decent when he gave some examples. However, it's really the cinematography and the way they hide the animation's faults that makes it look better than it actually is. When you actually stop and look at the character's movements, it still looks jerky and choppy but the constant "camera shaking" effect and the other tricks up their sleeves hides it well.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Sword of the stranger   Sword of the stranger Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 am

Hmm now that you mention it ya I remember it being sorta blurred at times and kinda hard to tell; what's happening. But even still I like that fast paced blurred animation(as long as it's good like this movie has done) because it gives it a feel of real lifeness, which for an anime is hard to do for the most part.
Imma re watch it though to see these other tricks you were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sword of the stranger   Sword of the stranger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sword of the stranger
Page 1 of 1