Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?

Go down 
+3
Skip
Neo
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Empty
PostSubject: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:04 pm

I've got one imported blu ray and game, which is the Watchmen one. By the way Aussies importing from england doesn't count as your the PAL region.

How about anything from Japan or anything like that, the yakuza games always tempt me (especially kenzan) into importing but honestly I'm not too keen on text heavy games in japanese.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
By the way Aussies importing from england doesn't count as your the PAL region.
Racist.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
By the way Aussies importing from england doesn't count as your the PAL region.
Racist.
I'd fit in down under then.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:52 pm

We're not racist, we just hate British people, Americans, non-whites, non-English speakers, homosexuals, jews, muslims and feminists.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Neo wrote:
We're not racist, we just hate British people, Americans, non-whites, non-English speakers, homosexuals, jews, muslims and feminists.
Also Australians who associate with the above riffraff.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:48 pm

blu-rays usually aren't region free though Buu, I hope you can play it...

anyways, never imported anything cause everything I want I can get here anyway... although, games would be cheaper if I import, i"ll still pay just as much in the end as i need to pay for delivery too... and that's usually not cheap
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
blu-rays usually aren't region free though Buu, I hope you can play it...

anyways, never imported anything cause everything I want I can get here anyway... although, games would be cheaper if I import, i"ll still pay just as much in the end as i need to pay for delivery too... and that's usually not cheap
It would be worth looking around, Raz and I both get free shipping and we pay 50% of the local retail price.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:06 pm

so where do you buy your games then? i'll check that out
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:07 pm

The site we use tailors to Australia and probably New Zealand. www.ozgameshop.com Could be worth looking at affiliated sites to see if there's one you can use.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:24 pm

well, I found play.com

they're about 10€ cheaper and free delivery, cheapest so far..
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:35 pm

http://www.365games.co.uk/ is the site that runs Ozgameshop, it says they offer shipping to anywhere in Europe for 1 pound and their prices seem to range from 30 to 50 euros for recent games (MW3 is almost 50 and CoD games are always more expensive). I have no idea what prices are like for you locally though so this may or may not be a better deal.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:44 pm

play.com sells recent games for 49.99€, I normally pay 59.99 or more...

but thanks, I'll check it out
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:53 pm

No problem, just one thing to be aware of if that site ships to Belgium is that you probably won't be getting anything on release day. Generally it takes around 7 working days to ship to here and they send it out on the official release date.

Case in point I'm expecting Infamous 2 to be delivered sometime this coming week if I'm lucky, next week otherwise.

Oh and they don't usually stock special editions or anything, at least not to ship to Australia.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 pm

So wait, why do you import your games? Is it really cheaper to import them from other countries that makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Ellis wrote:
So wait, why do you import your games? Is it really cheaper to import them from other countries that makes no sense.
Because distributors are haters and aren't going to lower prices to match international prices now that our currency has grown stronger. See $110 would have been justified ages ago when our currency was weaker, now it's utter bs.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Psh, you currency isn't that strong. I'd still kick its ass.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Shinier than yours, meatbag.

1 AUD = 1.05282 USD
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 pm

importing games would be a lot cheaper for me...

games in the US are about 60$ right? that's 40€... I pay 60€ over here... but as I said, shipping etc would probably make it about even.. unless i find an american site that ships for free..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Never imported anything that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:43 pm

your currency is only a nickel stronger? In all honesty I thought it would be stronger. and that is gay about the euro. I would not play games if I got charged $86.02 for games. That is rediculous.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Ellis wrote:
I would not play games if I got charged $86.02 for games. That is rediculous.
Exactly, now imagine you're expected to pay $110 for new releases.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 pm

wow that is crazy. how the hell did you guys get into gaming in the first place? that shit is bananas.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Because everything else is just as overpriced.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 pm

it's not really ridiculous...

1€ to me, is worth the same as 1$ to you... very simply put, for example, if we both do the same job for 1 hour, you'll get 10$ and I'll get 10€ for it... mine has more value, but within our own national economy your 10$ in the US is worth as much as my 10€ in Belgium...

I've stated thus very black/white, in reality it's not entirely 100% correct, but ti does apply
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Everything I know about economics wants to slap you for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?   Who actually uses the free region on there PS3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who actually uses the free region on there PS3?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next