Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Go down 
+4
Talking Sock
Ellis
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Empty
PostSubject: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:30 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-sly-cooper/715268

Looks like it always looked. Not sure I like Sly's appearance though. Seems like they've added some texture to his fur, which just looks odd. The tiger guy was very nice though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm hoping the best for this game. Sly 3 is one of my all time favorite games.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 pm

This game isn't being made by Suckerpunch right?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 pm

HBO's Sex Slave wrote:
This game isn't being made by Suckerpunch right?

Sanzaru is making the game, but Sucker Punch is giving pointers whenever needed. They were the ones that released the Sly Collection for PS3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 am

Sanzaru actually went to Sony and asked to make Sly 4 before they were put to work on the HD collection, so I have hope for it. Sounds like a direct continuation from Sly 3 too.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:48 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Sanzaru actually went to Sony and asked to make Sly 4 before they were put to work on the HD collection, so I have hope for it. Sounds like a direct continuation from Sly 3 too.

Apparently it is. The title itself supports it being a direct sequel to Sly 3. I'm just nervous that Sanzaru is going to screw it up. Sly himself kinda looks odd to me.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:04 am

It's because they've textured his fur.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:01 pm

There's a Vita version. Depending how the graphics are toned down, I might have to get that version because I'm not a fan of how Sly looks now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm

If you buy the PS3 version you get the Vita version for free and the saves are compatible. Fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:15 am

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:28 pm

This comes out in a few days for the U.S. Wonder why it comes out so late for EU.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am

Because everything comes out late in the EU.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:10 am

I played the demo for this and I realized how much I do not care about this game coming out even though I like Sly Cooper games.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:18 am

I only had a few minor problems with the demo. Probably the biggest one was the change in Murray's gameplay.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Started this. I'm going to be playing mostly on the PS3 because it just looks so much nicer. The black outline on the characters that give them a more cartoonish look is missing on the Vita, and the effects are simpler or missing. Moonlight is actual light on the PS3, but it's just a texture on the Vita. The framerate is worse too.

Which is all to be expected I suppose, but apart from that it's the same game. The levels are recreated exactly with just as many guards and objects as on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm

I played through the game when it came out a while back and enjoyed it. My only issues with it were the disappointing final boss and the excessive amount of mini-games(not to mention, the ones that were actually interesting overstayed their welcome too). Other than that, it's a solid Sly entry. Be on the look out for the Clockwerk easter eggs in the background during some jobs!

ALso, was the opening cutscene also glitchy for you? When I first started ToT, for some reason the first scene was going wonky a bit. One of those chalktalks where Bentley lays out the plans was also going screwy too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 pm

No, but the sound effects were muted when I rescued Rioichi.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm

This game sets such a bad example. Sly Coopers deals on the illegal ivory market.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:06 pm

The AR feature is neat. You hold the Vita up to the TV and press R, which creates an xray snapshot of the current screen, highlighting where all the bottles and treasures and stuff are that are within view (that is, within the borders of the screen, but it doesn't matter how far away they are). That also creates a little icon on the TV screen that the Vita uses to track it's motion, so the image still hovers over the TV screen when you move the Vita around. If you move the in-game camera around it doesn't track that though, so you have to press R again

Or you can make the whole thing a lot simpler and just use the full screen mode, which gives you xray view your current view on the Vita's screen. So youu don't have to bother with pointing it at the TV or pushing R all the time, and you can wander around the level as you want while the Vita tracks it all and displays the secrets.

So on the TV you'd be seeing something like this (it's a Vita screenshot but you get the idea):

Spoiler:

While on the Vita you're seeing this:

Spoiler:

Which tells me there's a bottle over there on the right. And here it is!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 pm

There are obvious cut corners in this game. Audio bugs are quite common and the subtitles don't always match the dialogue.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Bentley really gets the short end of the stick in these games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:05 am

Oh god. Oh god. Unclean. Unclean.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:37 pm

The final boss battle and the ending were hugely disappointing. Apart from that, and the weirdly overt sexualisation of Carmelita, it was a good game.

Carmelita really was too much though. Even in her regular outfit. She went from this, in the first 3 games:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time JUplJ8z

To this:

Spoiler:

Thankfully there's unlockable outfit for her that isn't so bad.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time   Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next