Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Go down 
+14
Skip
Rockstar_Sinistar
Ellis
Zero
Fdsgfsg
Baal
Mewmaster
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Savage
L Ron Hubbard
Kaio
Neo
Talking Sock
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 am

Yep. Another rushed piece of crap in the making, just with another gimmick to trick its fans into thinking it'll be great.

Also, judging by that segment where Goku begins attacking Great Ape Vegeta's fist, it seems that insanely, horrible flaw from RB2 where your character just moves forward mindlessly while doing a combo(which most of the time causes you to just slide past your opponent like a fool) has returned. Derp.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 am

Who keeps buying these things, it's as bad as Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 am

I'll make sure to compel myself and not bother. I'll also try and hold back Kaio from doing the same since Ayres' voice in another DB game is like a siren's to him.

Fingers crossed for the unlikely chance it doesn't suck though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:06 am

I wasn't going to buy this but then I saw the trailer and both Goku AND Vegeta are in this so I have to buy it now.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Oh man, look at all of those new and unique characters.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Boomie wrote:
Yep. Another rushed piece of crap in the making, just with another gimmick to trick its fans into thinking it'll be great.

Also, judging by that segment where Goku begins attacking Great Ape Vegeta's fist, it seems that insanely, horrible flaw from RB2 where your character just moves forward mindlessly while doing a combo(which most of the time causes you to just slide past your opponent like a fool) has returned. Derp.
The first PS3 DBZ game that looks like its from this gen and you turn your nose up at it while you buy the other crap.

This maybe the first one i buy this gen. At least give it a chance before it comes out, otherwise make a DBZ ultimate tenkaichi protest site. I know a couple of people into that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:40 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Boomie wrote:

The first PS3 DBZ game that looks like its from this gen and you turn your nose up at it while you buy the other crap.

This maybe the first one i buy this gen. At least give it a chance before it comes out, otherwise make a DBZ ultimate tenkaichi protest site. I know a couple of people into that kind of thing.

Can you not see how it's using the same exact engine and how it's blatantly built off of the previous Raging Blasts? It'll undoubtably still be clunky.

Maybe you were fortunate enough to avoid bothering with the previous two games, but some of us were actually interested and got kicked back in the ass for trying them out. Considering those of us with experience know that the re-using of RB's clunky-ass gameplay is a sign of bad news(not to mention in another game developed in a short span of time), we have a right to remain skeptic.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 am

Raging Blast: The QTE Edition!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 am

I've decided to post in a few threads on the GF PS3 board for this, feel free to be skeptic and have people call us trolls for it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:14 am

A lot of people seem to have become a little disappointed after seeing these lousy gameplay videos. You shouldn't be thrashed too bad. I can really only see those underage, illiterate new users coming after you.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:16 pm

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Boomie wrote:

Can you not see how it's using the same exact engine and how it's blatantly built off of the previous Raging Blasts? It'll undoubtably still be clunky.

Maybe you were fortunate enough to avoid bothering with the previous two games, but some of us were actually interested and got kicked back in the ass for trying them out. Considering those of us with experience know that the re-using of RB's clunky-ass gameplay is a sign of bad news(not to mention in another game developed in a short span of time), we have a right to remain skeptic.
Well i never picked up the other games as you guys said they were crap beforethey were even released. What i don't get is why you guys keep buying them. I mean raging blast 2 looked like raging blast 1 and almost identically. They clearly have mixed things up.

If the QTE thing they got going on decides what combo string or attack you do as a follow up and isn't rock paper scissors it won't be a problem. I didn't see goku counter ccell anytime it was done so i'm assuming its the first rather then the latter.

Looking at gameplay vids i wouldn't have noticed any difference between BT2 and BT3, this looks like a decent attempt at a sequel and they've delivered 3 crap offerings i'm hoping this is the one that builds up decently. Although i'll wait for a demo or some reviews on whats improved before i consider picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
What i don't get is why you guys keep buying them.

We're hopeful idiots.

Quote :
If the QTE thing they got going on decides what combo string or attack you do as a follow up and isn't rock paper scissors it won't be a problem. I didn't see goku counter ccell anytime it was done so i'm assuming its the first rather then the latter.

No, it seems to pretty much be the latter. RB and RB2 already had that other style of QTEs during some special moves so it's not exactly anything worth promoting if it was just that. This game seems to use them for a lot more things like counters, clashes and so on.

Quote :
Looking at gameplay vids i wouldn't have noticed any difference between BT2 and BT3, this looks like a decent attempt at a sequel and they've delivered 3 crap offerings i'm hoping this is the one that builds up decently. Although i'll wait for a demo or some reviews on whats improved before i consider picking it up.

You don't understand, though. They're building off of RB and RB2's engine and gameplay which was essentially a complete overhaul of the Tenkaichi style(the only recent game that re-used the original engine and mechanics was that Tag Team game on the PSP). It was an absolute clunky, uncomfortable gaming experience with a lot of flaws. And now, instead of refining it, once again they're adding more ridiculous gimmicks to the gameplay instead. And all this is being done in under a year.

Sure, it might turn out fine(and I'll admit I am a bit intrigued at the giant battles) but, really, the chances of that are extremely slim.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:33 pm

The stupid things with the giant fight is oozaru didn't stand still like that
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

I hope it won't be a complete pain in the ass. The game will probably have other giant battles too. Fat Janemba was shown in another trailer's opening cinematic so I can assume he'll probably be another giant boss fight.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:29 pm

So basically instead of actually trying with the game's story mode they decided to go ahead and just rip off Ultimate Ninja Storm's giant/boss battles, eh? Hahaha, wow.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Almost every form of media rips off something.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:34 pm

It's funny because Naruto ripped off DBZ only for DBZ to rip off Naruto.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

I wish we'd get news of that DS RPG getting a sequel already, it's long overdue for one. Also, it's unfortunate that Ultimate Butouden's developers went out of business recently. There goes our chances for an English release of it.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:47 pm

I stopped bothering with these after Tenkaichi 3.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Zero wrote:
I stopped bothering with these after Tenkaichi 3.

me too. It was exactly what I wanted in a DBZ fighting game. I don't play them for the fighting mechanics, I play them for the characters, the flashy moves and the sense of flying around.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:08 am

I DO play them for good fighting mechanics. The whole "true DBZ experience" feeling died after the first damn Tenkaichi(as terrible as it was) came out. And yet Spike continues to cater to its small fanbase by putting content first and polishing and refining second.

Unlike them, Dimps knew that gameplay was more important. That's why Burst Limit, whether you liked the game or not, was at least a well polished production considering the small time invested in it. They didn't care about shoving in all that trash we've seen a thousand times.

They took their time into consideration, found an appropriate stopping point for the content and story(end of Cell saga) and then focused on making the game actually playable. Hell, the only things that wound up being genuinely bothersome about that game were those gimmicky Drama Pieces and the movement feeling slightly sluggish for some reason(which wasn't too detrimental since you'd be in close contact most of the time).

And personally, although I prefer Infinite World, I must admit that BL ended up capturing a kind of DBZ feel better than any Spike game did. That ridiculously fast-paced combat and feeling of great impact every time you made a hit was never achieved by any Spike game, old and new. Spike games may have fancy craters, destructive terrain, and all that jazz that you get bored over after seeing them for the first time, but BL really had the oomph in the actual fighting itself that we long awaited for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:03 am

Has anyone seen the videos for this game?
It looks absolute shit with all those repetitive cinematics and interruptions during the fights.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Dragon Ball: The War of the Gary Stus and Mary Sues.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:04 pm

"An entirely new Dragon Ball Experience"

lol
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 pm

CREATE YOUR OWN PALETTE SWAP

AN ENTIRELY NEW DRAGON BALL EXPERIENCE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next