Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.

Go down 
+4
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
Kaio
Baal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Empty
PostSubject: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Spoiler:

Do you see that? That is one of the best boss designs I have ever seen in video games. It's made entirely of buildings and looks gigantic and imposing as hell. It's pretty cheesy but still awesome and could pass off as a SotC boss in terms of colossal size and awesome fun.

It was replaced with this.

Spoiler:

This is the topic to discuss KH in general and why it is so awful and how it became so disappointing and whatever new things come up to further prove it is disappointing. Seriously, the day you replace a fucking building Centaur for a metallic dragon, YOU DESERVE CRITICISM OR GENERAL BITCHING.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I hate you for showing this to me.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Blame Sora because he showed me it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Spoiler:

Buzz and Woody were going to be summons in Final Mix+. ...Actually this was probably for the best, I don't need Nomura ruining my memories of Woody and Buzz too.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Baal wrote:

Don't forget the time I first mentioned it ages ago. This isn't the first time I unveiled all those disappointments. Your mind just tried to block it out because it wasn't prepared to handle such horrorific removals.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:29 pm

SOK wrote:
Baal wrote:

Don't forget the time I first mentioned it ages ago. This isn't the first time I unveiled all those disappointments. Your mind just tried to block it out because it wasn't prepared to handle such horrorific removals.

Dude, this was the first time I have heard of the Centaur.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Baal wrote:
SOK wrote:
Baal wrote:

Dude, this was the first time I have heard of the Centaur.

You don't realised how bad your mind has blocked out such information. I mentioned it before and linked you a shittier, smaller version of that picture. Maybe you were just fortunate enough to miss it or something. Maybe the universe felt you weren't ready.

I know I wasn't...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Spoiler:

How about these shmucks? Remember when the Organization was mysterious and had a threatening aura around them? THEN CAME KH2 AND THEY WERE RELEGATED TO GLORIFIED JOBBERS! Let's go down the list but I won't mention the good guys.

Let me describe the Org that showed up in KH2 for you.

Luxord - Showed up, threw some gold around, summoned big heartless and attacked people with cards? Personality? THEY HAVE NO EMOTIONS THEY DON'T NEED ONE. Also, his power is said to be time but the only thing he does that remotely resembles time is the time meter you have when he fights you. His powers seem to consist more of gambling than time because he traps you in cards, dice and so on.

Demyx - The only Org member who actually was interesting. He reacted to Sora's harsh opinion of Nobodies with *GASP* AN EMOTION and actually seemed like an interesting character. Fuck, if he wasn't hassled so much by his superiors he'd just play music and sleep, he doesn't care about fighting. NOPE, LET'S FEED HIM TO SORA AND NOT HAVE SORA ONCE QUESTION NOBODIES HAVING EMOTIONS DESPITE HOW DEMYX REACTED!

Saix - SO MUCH POTENTIAL. He had good build-up, a good power, a great voice and it was all wasted by the terrible design and not once showing off his power to make him seem like a legit threat. He just like every other member in the Org existed to lose to Sora and be a nuisance for five seconds.

Xaldin - As Sora puts it, DARTH ANGST. He only exists to make Beast think about his problems with Belle and that only lasts all of five minutes because you barely see him with Beast. He dies to Sora at Beast's castle minutes after showing his face in a stupid boss fight, with a stupid look, no personality and stupid weapons. BUT WAIT, HE'S A NOBODY HE DOESN'T NEED A PERSONALITY!

Xigbar - Good lord, talk about a guy who did nothing. He shows up in Hollow Bastion, insults Sora and leaves. He shows up in the Land of Dragons, summons Sniper Nobody and leaves. Then he shows up in the last world, talks crap and dies. HE HAD NO PART IN THE STORY OTHER THAN DYING TO SORA. Then his human shows up in BBS as if he always some big character, it's like a fucking soap opera, this series.

Xemnas - Where do I begin? He overracts, but it's not funny like with Ansem/Xehanort, it's boring and dumb. His power is lasers but the game literally labels it as "Nothing", he seems to have no understanding that nothing is not a concept or a thing, it is exactly what the name implies, NOTHING. He seems to be entirely obsessed with saying it over and over and over and he's also obsessed with hearts but he doesn't care about hearts to give himself emotions, he wants hearts because he can get power from them and turn the world into nothing and by his definition of nothing, I'm assuming he means Star Wars because that's what his power of nothing seems to be. Now you see why Marluxia wanted to become the leader, because their leader is a fucking idiot. He doesn't care about his men and sees them as cannon fodder, he doesn't care about the world and his obsession is with something that literally doesn't exist. So why in the fuck would anyone consider this guy a good villain? He doesn't make the Organization seem powerful or threatening and he certainly doesn't do it for himself either. He's just another in a long line of awful villains this series conjured up to ruin good villains.

I WILL LEAVE MY JUDGMENT FOR THE OTHER NOBODIES LATER.

Last edited by Baal on Sun May 08, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Time for CoM characters, I had a harder time bitching about these ones because they're decent to good for the most part.

Marluxia - The last good villain of the series. He actually had a clear motivation and I could connect with it because... well if your boss was Xemnas wouldn't you want to get his ass out of power too? He had a great voice in Re:CoM, was a great mastermind with how he used the Riku Replica to get Sora closer to Namine and ended up nearly winning but lost because Axel fucked him over big time. Come FM+ and Re:CoM he even has a grim reaper flavor to him what with his scythe, doom gimmick in his fight on FM+ and Re:CoM's extra stage to him with the giant robed figure over him holding the scythe over his head like it's the Sword of Damocles. It also gave him the best music of the series with the best named "Lord of the Castle".

The change from brown to pink hair and 358/2 Days made him an awful anime character though. LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE, NOMURA.

Larxene - Holy hell, this is not a total sausage fest. Larxene is great, while she has no real personality other than "I AM SADISTIC BITCH", she's awesome due to how well the game accentuates that aspect of her. She really is batshit crazy and the game was fun for that and she made a great foil to the stoic Marluxia. Her weapons... eh, I've never been a fan of throwing knives but I love lightning powers so I'm stuck on that. Thankfully she died in the prime of her youth... I'm going to have to update this after a future game to say her human self is awful, aren't I?

Zexion - OH HOLY HELL, I HATE THIS FUCKER. Out of all of the Org. members I think I may hate him as much as Xemnas if not more. Zexion is your average anime villain, he looks like a girl, is voiced by Nero from FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus and has... an awful weapon combined with an awful power. He's a scholar you say? Well I never would've figured that considering... I never see him read... or do anything intelligent... or be remotely interesting. He is so boring that even the fucking writers did not have a weapon for him until 2007 and even then it was something stupid... A BOOK. His weapon apparently lets him put the opponent into a page that they can easily break out of and slap him silly, so what's the point? Oh wait that's right, ILLUSIONS! He's the average weakling who needs mind tricks to try and win and even then THEY DON'T WORK! His mind tricks only worked on Riku and that didn't last that long because he proceeded to get his shit slapped when Riku breaks out of it. So, what's his ultimate plan? I WANT TO KILL MARLUXIA BECAUSE XEMNAS TOLD ME TO. ...GENIUS.

Lexaeus - "...", that's his whole character, seriously.

Vexen - I love Derek Stephen Prince. He can make any silly character seem like an evil fucking mastermind. Vexen's alright, he's your normal mad scientist but he has ice powers, so I have a bit of a bias in his favor. He also has a shield which I find an intelligent decision because if you're physically weak then why would you want illusions to protect you? People can break out of them and waste you and according to Zexion's rate of success it's not working. Vexen at least has something to physically protect him and ice to freeze his enemies. Seems more practical than illusions AND A BOOK. Anyways, he creates the Riku Replica and manages to get it to follow him for a decent time, then it develops its own personality. He gets stopped by Axel and shits his pants in the most glorious fashion before being sta- I mean BURNED ALIVE.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:39 pm

I never played KH, but I bought KH2 after reading rave reviews. Didn't enjoy it. That was the beginning and end of any interest in KH I might have had.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Never played KH, and I don't think I ever will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm

You are both lucky men and I envy you.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm not gonna continue this, I've calmed down now even though that last boss design set me off.

All I have to see I hate this fucking series, it started out so well and became something as wretched and decrepit as the Sonic series thanks to people who wanted more money and aren't even trying to tell good stories or make fun games anymore. I will continue this series so see if it ever ends or how it turns out but all of my patience for it has run out, I hate Tetsuya Nomura, I hate Kingdom Hearts and I hate Square-Enix for funding the bastard and ruining this series over the past decade.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I never played KH, but I bought KH2 after reading rave reviews. Didn't enjoy it. That was the beginning and end of any interest in KH I might have had.
I still haven't completed KH2

Also how long did it take you guys to figure this out, after the first game it was already going downhill.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:58 pm

It didn't take long but it's something that still pisses me off to no end and it's progressively gotten worse with time. Now that I've had six years to see the damage KH2 has wreaked on this series, it just hit me that this series is the Square-Enix equivalent of Sonic the Hedgehog. Although, instead of furry art you get shitloads of gay art. That boss design, as small a thing as it is, is what broke the camel's back on the small hope that BBS brought back.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:59 pm

The only thing that suprises me about this series is how they could improve gameplay and story take such a nose dive that the game becomes unbearable to play.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I think I have more animosity towards this series than most because of the Disney characters too. I don't like seeing characters I love be associated with pieces of shit like the Kingdom Hearts original characters.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:28 am

I still enjoy Sora, Riku and Kairi even if they have become anime archetypes. Aqua's pretty cool too.

Just make KH3 already so the "story" can be finished and a new start can be made with a better director.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:49 am

Kai, this series won't die until you, me and Sora are in our 30s and even that is a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:53 am

Why haven't we laughed at the fact that Sora got his username from... Sora.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:54 am

Too easy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:14 am

Kaio wrote:

Because I've already shared my disgust in carrying that name? The unfortunate thing is you all know me as that too well. Hell, look, I'm even trying to establish myself as "SOK" and that's obviously not working.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:41 am

Kaio wrote:

Really? I always thought he got that username from that chick from Digimon
/not serious post.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:42 am

Baal wrote:

Marluxia - The last good villain of the series.

While I will not deny that Maxluxia is an awesome villain, to go as far as to say he is the last good one is a bit of a stretch. Just tossing in my own two cents here, but I'm guessing you disliked Vanitas?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:48 am

YOU DON'T KNOW MY PAIN wrote:
Kaio wrote:

Really? I always thought he got that username from that chick from Digimon
/not serious post.

You're not funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.   KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KH is terrible and this is the thread to discuss that.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next