Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Went to see Thor last night

Go down 
+12
Baal
Talking Sock
Eevil-Psycho
SSMG
Mewmaster
Superbuu3
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
Ellis
Savage
Kaio
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Went to see Thor last night Empty
PostSubject: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:02 am

Pretty fucking awesome movie. Not as good as Iron Man, but much better than IM2 and Incredible Hulk. Great acting and action, some well done comedy relief. but the Asgard scenes were dull. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10. Don't understand why people are proclaiming this the best superhero movie of all time though.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:32 am

Who the hell is doing that?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:40 am

Some dudes on AP.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:46 am

They seem to have bad opinions on everything other than OP.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:54 am

They just hate everything remotely popular, so when something unknown like new superhero enters the scene everone jumps on the love bandwagon because it isn't Wolverine or Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:31 am

In all honesty I thought it was the best super hero movie I've seen. MY expectations were very low though so that could be why.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:53 am

I liked it as well, though I think Kai's spot on when he says it's still inferior to the first Iron Man. I think whatI liked the most was that it avoided the rather familiar formulaic feel of most Super Hero movies
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:23 pm

I could see if someone thinks it's the best MARVEL STUDIOS movie, but better than every other superhero movie? No. Maybe if it was funnier or had a non-forced relationship between Thor and Jane. And didn't waste a perfectly good cameo. >_>
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:52 pm

It was pretty good, yeah. I still both Hulk films have had better action than all the other Marvel films I've seen (which is all of them apart from Iron Man 2).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Also saw the Cap trailer. Is it set entirely in WW2?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Also did Thor have a post-credit scene? I didn't stick around to find out.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm pretty sure most of the Cap movie takes place around WW2 with him getting frozen somewhere near the end so that he can be thawed out in the Avengers movie. And yes, Thor did have a post-credits scene that had Dr. Selvig meeting with Nick Fury about the Cosmic Cube. And Loki seemed to be controlling / influencing Selvig.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:24 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also saw the Cap trailer. Is it set entirely in WW2?

Yep. I think the post-credit scene of that film is supposed to be Cap showing up in the present.

Thor's post-credit scene was Nick Fury showing the Cosmic Cube to Selfig, who is possessed by Loki (or something).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Selvig is the guy who got drunk with Thor, yeah? I only managed to catch the names of 4 characters in the whole film.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Sun May 08, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:29 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also did Thor have a post-credit scene? I didn't stick around to find out.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Dammit.

Oh, and I still really like The Incredible Hulk, it had some great action scenes and didn't get bogged down with all the psycho-analytical bullshit that Ang Lee's Hulk did, nor get mired in the cheesiness that could easily have de-railed the story. Not sure on the casting of Mark Ruffalo in Avengers though, changing actors in a cohesive universe like the one Marvel studio are trying to create seems an odd choice.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Bruce Banner 's looks vary in his comics, and that seems to have worked in Marvel's shared universe for decades. Banner's not even really who's important; it's what he changes into.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:55 pm

The comics is one thing, film's another.

I remember someone (I think Nonny) referencing the end of Incredible Hulk, where Robert Downey Jnr walks in the bar, and someone in the audience said "look, it's Iron Man". Why? Because Downey Jnr is Iron Man. It's the kind of thing that wouldn't have worked if they'd got another actor to play Stark for that scene because no one would have known who he was.

Yes, I know there's a difference between a cameo and a co-starring role, (look at the fuss when they changed Rhodey's actor for IM2) but the universe is meant to be one big cohesive whole, and bringing in another actor somewhat undermines that. Of course, I have no idea if the change has been made because either Norton didn't wish to reprise the role, or because Marvel wanted someone else, so it may have been a decision that was unavoidable.

No, it's not that big a deal, but I just thought it an odd decision.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:03 pm

I was surprised when they cast Norton because I really didn't think they'd be able to tie him to the kind of multi-film deal they were planning. I assume that's why they've gone with smaller name actors since then. Downey is a bit different since Iron Man really put him in the spotlight again, and he owes a lot to that film for where he is now. Whereas Norton was kind of slumming it in Hulk.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:21 pm

I've heard people saying that Norton didn't seem that into the character, that he was on auto-pilot, but I think a lot of that was down to the script. Stark's a billionaire playboy, Thor's a brash and arrogant young man who happens to have the strength of a God. Plenty of opportunity for humour, and both films made good use of more light-hearted moments. Hulk films don't always have that option; by definition, Banner's a very serious man, very much a loner, and his situation doesn't lend itself so well to comedic scenes. (Pretty much every amusing scene in IH stemmed from Tim Roth, who looked like he was having a blast playing the bad guy.)

Yes, Norton played it very straight but that's what the character called for. Were Thor and Iron Man better films as a result? Absolutely. Could Norton have done much more with his role? I'm not sure he could.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

I liked Incredible Hulk better than Iron Man. The banter between Tony and Pepper was more fun than the suit stuff, though. I preferred Iron Man 2, if only for the Russian guy.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:14 pm

I thought Iron Man 2 was a mess, the end result feeling like lots of ideas thrown at the screen with not many of them sticking. I still enjoyed it in patches, but it wasn't anything like as good as the first.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Kaede wrote:
I liked Incredible Hulk better than Iron Man. The banter between Tony and Pepper was more fun than the suit stuff, though. I preferred Iron Man 2, if only for the Russian guy.
There's so many things wrong in this sentence
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Yeah, the bts of Iron Man where he was actually Iron Man weren't that great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to see Thor last night   Went to see Thor last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went to see Thor last night
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next