Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?

Go down 
+5
Skip
Ellis
Superbuu3
Dr. Chocolate
SavesTheDay
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:19 pm

You really should stop wearing make up, and have a haircut
Oh yeah, like SSMG said about those 2 pictures you posted last, every word of them

One positive thing I'm going to tell you; I agree that having a fake ID is stupid
Back to top Go down
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:04 pm

SSMG wrote:
^ Not that good of an example, although it is obvious that the first picture is a guy, I've seen girls before who look more masculine than him.
The point is that it's obvious, just like the second picture is obviously a woman. It wasn't meant to be a challenge, it was meant to show how obvious gender differences are. The only thing similar is how both are wearing quite a bit of make-up. Despite that, it's not difficult to differentiate. I no longer wear make-up, mostly cuz I can't be bothered to waste money on it.

Why the hell are we talking about make-up and hair? >:O
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:15 pm

SavesTheDay wrote:
Why the hell are we talkinn about make-up and hair?
You picture is distracting
Back to top Go down
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Well, I pretty much refuse to use an avatar picture that isn't me... never really liked the concept. :/
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm

SavesTheDay wrote:
Well, I pretty much refuse to use an avatar picture that isn't me... never really liked the concept. :/
You don't find the fun in it?
Back to top Go down
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 pm

Well, there's always the whole representation thing, or "advertising" something you like but for me, eh. I think myspace turned me off of it, since plenty of fakes tried to add me and what not.
I guess I got used to being comfortable with using pictures of me. I'd feel "fake" using anything but @_@
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 pm

im kitty pryde irl
Back to top Go down
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Kaio wrote:
im kitty pryde irl
affraid
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 am

SavesTheDay wrote:
Well, there's always the whole representation thing, or "advertising" something you like but for me, eh. I think myspace turned me off of it, since plenty of fakes tried to add me and what not.
I guess I got used to being comfortable with using pictures of me. I'd feel "fake" using anything but @_@
I get what you mean, and sorry it was my fault for completely derailing the topic. But hey at least your posting more. BTW your current pic looks almost like that pic you said was of you at 21, which was the main reason i said it plus i'm not creepy enough to have looked at your pics back then in depth, I just thought they all looked like different people.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:26 am

SavesTheDay wrote:
I see
On facebook I use my own image, on forums people mainly use images they like or feel like using
I think it's nice to know who I'm talking to, but I don't like to show my face in my profile
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:34 am

I don't want to be fake anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:38 am

I don't give a fuck. If I like a character, I'll use that character as my avatar. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:57 am

Rockstar_Bahamut wrote:
I don't give a fuck. If I like a character, I'll use that character as my avatar. Dammit.
Watch out, someone might try to stop you!
Back to top Go down
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:02 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SavesTheDay wrote:
I get what you mean, and sorry it was my fault for completely derailing the topic. But hey at least your posting more. BTW your current pic looks almost like that pic you said was of you at 21, which was the main reason i said it plus i'm not creepy enough to have looked at your pics back then in depth, I just thought they all looked like different people.
Well it would be quite strange if you had creeped on me...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Shall you brief us on the novel? And your rating?
Back to top Go down
SavesTheDay
Deck Hand
SavesTheDay

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:34 pm

THIS GAME IS GOOD wrote:
Shall you brief us on the novel? And your rating?
Of course not. That would be on-topic. Razz

Anyways A random event triggers the birth of 43 children from women who didn't even show any signs of pregnancy. A wealthy inventor and Olympic fencing champion searches for and finds 7 of them, in order to 'save the world.'

In the end, although the children have amazing talents and abilities, the dysfunctional nature of their family and failures in their later years cause them to disband and live their separate lives elsewhere, away from the Academy. The story technically begins when their adoptive father dies.

And there's your spoiler free synopsis of volume one. There's two of them, and it's finished.

Oh yeah, rating. 9/10
As for why, it's simply right up my alley in the heavy amounts of sarcasm and strangeness. This is one weird world of talking chimpanzees and insane rampaging national monuments. That kind of quirkiness is very attractive to me when I look for something to read. Characters have their own messed up personalities and definitions that can make you loathe them, feel sympathy for them, or want to wring their necks. No overpowered characters either(well, maybe one).

I rarely dislike American artists, and Gabriel Ba is no exception(some expressions are priceless).It's amazingly fitting for the atmosphere that's created by the story itself. The volumes are simply fun to look at and read. Different strokes for different folks but when I think of comic books I think of The Umbrella Academy and Watchmen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?   So how aboot that Umbrella Academy? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how aboot that Umbrella Academy?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2