Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)

Go down 
+8
Zero
BizznessOnly
Ellis
brandon
Talking Sock
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Empty
PostSubject: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:37 am

That lara croft one was actually really good fun. Let me know if there's anything else your going to put time into and i might jump on a bandwagon.

On a side note we should get some uncharted games going on again that was awesome when we were all playing constantly. I honestly don't think RDR has quite the same appeal although i do wanna do the advanced coop missions at some point.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 am

Ghost Busters: Sanctum of Slime looks exactly like Guardian of Light except with 4 players. And ghosts, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:57 am

not really sure what to make of this it looks sloppy at the moment i hope its more then just a twin stick shooter otherwise dead nation will rape this in every aspect. Main problem is why the hell are we new rookies, a 4 player game should be all of the original GBs.

Also ellis its 4 player get in on this and Simian you should to. Anyone over 20 should love ghostbusters enough to think this is worth a look. Here's a trailer.

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:58 am

Ghost Busters was great.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:07 am

I still need to rent that old ps3 game some time. I ditched it because everyone complained about bad bugs or something despite the game itself being really fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 am

I'm up for U2 whenever though. That siege mode was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 am

i wish you could zoom in on lara's ass in that game, then again i'd probably die a lot like in underworld if i could
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 am

This intrigues me, I think neo and nonny might be interested as well as baal but he needs to answer his PSN messages (inb4 baal bitches):
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/alive-hail-to-the/100061

new rdr DLC at end of march i guess i'll hold on to it for a while longer.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:27 am

Haha, what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Nice. My PSN connection suchs cuz I let my neighbor use my internet while he got was waiting for his and he must download the most monstrous torrents constantly or somthing cuz now I get kicked off of PSN constantly.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:38 am

Charity is just another word for weakness.
Back to top Go down
BizznessOnly
Deck Hand
BizznessOnly

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Dead Island, Dynasty Warrior Strikeforce. Killzone 3 maybe? Transformers: war for cybertron. I'm just naming 4 player games for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 pm

i'm interested in dead island i'm sure at least me, neo, bob and BD willl pick it up.

DW7 has online i'm more interested in that then strikeforce as the combat has a lot more depth.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:44 am

I plan on getting Killezone 3 when it drops in price. Until then I'm content with what I have.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Uncharted 3 will be out in November if you're willing to commit to MvC3 that long.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
BizznessOnly
Deck Hand
BizznessOnly

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:10 am

DW7 has online? wow. 2 players online? 4? Is it just story mode run through
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 2:04 am

chronicle mode is 2 player online
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 am

I'd love it if there was some game where multiplayer would require some actual, hardcore teamwork to successfully complete a mission/objective.

Most of the time, it's just you and your group working together to kill things/other players and progress through a stage, maybe quickly help each other knock an obstacle or something. Wouldn't it be interesting if for once a game would expand a little more on that, with each player being given an assignment to complete?

For example, one player would stay put and wipe out some foes to keep them busy while another would have to go to some other room and hack into a computer that opens a door blocking the team, and a third player would have to go in another completly separate room dealing with security alarms and so forth.

It is understable why such an intricate type of multiplayer mode can't really be done well though. The fact that you have to rely on other players can be a gamble considering they could decide to disconnect/accidentally get disconnected, causing you to get stuck(of course, a CPU could take over for any disconnectors I guess). I'm sure there are other complications as well.

Still, has any handful of games tried to go that deep enough, regardless of any possible issues like that one I described?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:41 am

SOK wrote:
I'd love it if there was some game where multiplayer would require some actual, hardcore teamwork to successfully complete a mission/objective.

Most of the time, it's just you and your group working together to kill things/other players and progress through a stage, maybe quickly help each other knock an obstacle or something. Wouldn't it be interesting if for once a game would expand a little more on that, with each player being given an assignment to complete?

For example, one player would stay put and wipe out some foes to keep them busy while another would have to go to some other room and hack into a computer that opens a door blocking the team, and a third player would have to go in another completly separate room dealing with security alarms and so forth.

It is understable why such an intricate type of multiplayer mode can't really be done well though. The fact that you have to rely on other players can be a gamble considering they could decide to disconnect/accidentally get disconnected, causing you to get stuck(of course, a CPU could take over for any disconnectors I guess). I'm sure there are other complications as well.

Still, has any handful of games tried to go that deep enough, regardless of any possible issues like that one I described?
Army of two 40th day and i'm sure the first game is like that to. If your partner sucks you will be going nowhere fast. You definitely need a mic for that though.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2, unless you coordinate your strikes you normally get slaughtered.

I suspect Future soldier will have a similar core mechanic, I will be getting that.

Saints row 2 pretty much has the same concept if you die unless your partner revives you in 15 seconds mission failed, that game is really easy though but you are punished for not sticking with your partner.

Dead Nation your linked on screen with each other you can only run so far, so you have to help out your partner.

RE5 has a great multiplayer you will have to work together in that to.

All round though i think army of two covers what your saying the most.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Some of those examples just sound like they force you to stand by your buddies more while you all do the same thing.

To put it more clearly, the kind of MP mode I'm interested in is one where all players would need to split up and accomplish separate goals, and each task would need to be completed in order to progress through a mission. The teamwork wouldn't be about the players being brothers in arms running around together like we usually see, it'd be based on reliance on others and giving each person something different to do in one whole big level.

While I can see some little annoying complications in making a multiplayer mode like that(such as the one I described before which could be fixed with CPUs replacing disconnectors), I'd be interested in seeing just a few games try this.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Army of two definitely covers this, there are sections your split up and you will hafvev to provide covering fire for each other. There is reliance heavily on each other. If your talking about a co-op mode where you both do your own thing completely seperate. That would end up being epic fail as a lot of people suck at games and that would destroy the online community of said game.

AO2 is hands down the best 2-player co-op game by a long shot.

Vegas 2 is the best 4 player coop.
Back to top Go down
BizznessOnly
Deck Hand
BizznessOnly

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Ao2 is worth it. Short, but replayable.

I just got RDR back, the online is fun as well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:52 pm

BizznessOnly wrote:
Ao2 is worth it. Short, but replayable.

I just got RDR back, the online is fun as well.
You could easily solo those online missions though
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
If your talking about a co-op mode where you both do your own thing completely seperate. That would end up being epic fail as a lot of people suck at games and that would destroy the online community of said game.

I already pointed out the certain complications and possible frustrations there may be when it comes to how reliable your partners may be, but regardless, something like that is still worth a shot. And it's not like the whole mission would revolve around everyone splitting up, just during a few segments of it to spice things up, then they can all meet back once their objectives are done and progress further together.

It's a risky kind of mode, but definitely would be interesting for once. It'd probably be more thrilling for mic players though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 pm

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
If your talking about a co-op mode where you both do your own thing completely seperate. That would end up being epic fail as a lot of people suck at games and that would destroy the online community of said game.

I already pointed out the certain complications and possible frustrations there may be when it comes to how reliable your partners may be, but regardless, something like that is still worth a shot. And it's not like the whole mission would revolve around everyone splitting up, just during a few segments of it to spice things up, then they can all meet back once their objectives are done and progress further together.

It's a risky kind of mode, but definitely would be interesting for once. It'd probably be more thrilling for mic players though.
Play army of two seriously. Its basically the game your talking about, its made by a team that call themselves co-op productions or something.

Tactical army shooter are pretty much the only series of games that will cover this and both vegas 2 and Ao2 have all available mods in singles player and coop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)   Moose we need another game (upcoming online games) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose we need another game (upcoming online games)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next