Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Empty
PostSubject: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 pm

After watching some episodes of the 90s X-Men animated series with its horrendous voice acting (people talk really slow you start to question the health condition of the VA's and their director) I decided to finally read the work of the writer that show took as a base, it starts with issue 095, before it it is recommended to read Giant Sized X-Men 1 to know where the multinational characters come from and how are they gathered in a team

Well, the run starts well, and it's so relaxing to imagine good voice performance and voices in general for the characters (like hearing the voices of Charles Xavier & Wolverine from MUA game)
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Huh. I'm reading his return to X-Men in Forever 2.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

I heard his return is awful compared to his original run, I stopped caring for new Mutants comics the way they insert annoying characters

Reached the sentinels return story in his run, read only part one of it. The guy called Dr. Lang was unexpected to me, I thought he was the second Ant-Man Scott Lang, not a different character with the same last name
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Some days I read nothing of it, it wasn't until I read some Emma Frost stories from 2003-2004 that encouraged me to keep on reading, and enjoying the stories, before reading her own comics I only thought of Emma as the "Boring lady with sexy body in lingerie", I'm now a fan of her

Reached issue 122, Phoenix splitting away from her team, everyone thinking the other(s) are dead, it's interesting
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:58 am

Read more, reached the "Dark Phoenix Saga", lost interest in X-Men again
I hate the Phoenix stuff from the bottom of my heart

At least I still have back up copies of the comics if I dare read them again
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm back where I left, started loving X-Men again after leaving it for long, and hooray for Kitty coming home just as Cyclops left
Wolverine going back to Canada to complete his resignation ending up completing a mission he started in his few first appearances with the Wendigo is great
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:02 pm

I think I may actually like the post-Dark Phoenix stuff up to the Mutant Massacre more than anything that came before it (or after it with a few exceptions).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men   Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading the run of Chris Claremont on X-Men
Page 1 of 1