Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy

Go down 
+7
Dr. Chocolate
Ellis
SimianWonder
Kaede
Talking Sock
Savage
Kaio
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:09 am

Kaio wrote:
The score in this movie is awful. Doesn't even come close to what Elfman did for the first two movies.

That is bull, Young's work was twice as great as Elfman's in Spidey 3(my only complaint is the lack of Uncle Ben's motif hardly being used except like once when Spidey decides to done his old suit again before going off to face Venom and Sandman). And we should also credit Young for being a major part of Spidey 2's score as well, considering practically half of the damn thing is Young's revisions of Elfman's rejected material.

While Elfman would've certainly done far better given the proper direction at the time instead of making a kick ass main theme and emotional piano cues, his work ultimatly lacked the superhero vibe that Young managed to bring into the music on the 3rd try.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 am

Maguire has been given a lot of hate because he was a terrible actor in those three films. Yes, I know he was supposed to be dorky, but he was just so bad at it. He captured the dorky element, but he went over the top with it.

A big part of why his Spider-Man wasn't good was during his fights. Maguire turned into this ultra super serious character during the fights, but that isn't who Spider-Man is. Spidey is always joking in the heat of battle (with some exceptions of course). Although I admit, this is purely the director's fault. The part where Maguire fails is that he was horrible at being serious. His yells, screams, cries, etc were all too melodramatic or just horrible altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 am

Ellis wrote:
When is carnage gonna be in a movie?

When he stops being an awful character.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:55 am

Aw he was always my favorite spidey villian
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:12 am

Kaio wrote:
Now we're getting a movie that's very true to the original, except dark and gritty.
SM3 holds the title of being the least 'accurate' adaptation among Raimi's bunch, by a freaking Norwegian mile. Who told you otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 am

Savage∞ wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Now we're getting a movie that's very true to the original, except dark and gritty.
SM3 holds the title of being the least 'accurate' adaptation among Raimi's bunch, by a freaking Norwegian mile. Who told you otherwise?
You're an idiot read what he said again
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 am

[This message was deleted at the request of ME BEING AN IDIOT.]

Last edited by Savage∞ on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:06 am

Not SM3 yo.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 am

Oh god. I should've read what he said again.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:45 am

I'm so confused.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

^ Kai was talking about the reboot, not SM3
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

I wonder what Savage said in response to me
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 pm

I said that Jay Chou >>>>> Bruce Lee.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Savage∞ wrote:
I said that Jay Chou >>>>> Bruce Lee.
I know you don't mean that, unless your a 13 year old girl from HK.

But good play.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Jay Chou's a better actor than Lee ever was. Not sure I'd back him in a fight, but...
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:18 am

We don't watch Bruce Lee movies for his acting, though, so it hardly matters.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:41 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Jay Chou's a better actor than Lee ever was. Not sure I'd back him in a fight, but...
Anyone who watched a bruce lee film for the acting is an idiot.

Donnie Yen should have had this role, because he's fucking donnie yen, although because they wanted a younger guy Nicolas Tse would've been my choice.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 am

Donnie Yen is too old, and Tony Jaa is the wrong nationality. Did I remember wrong, or did someone do the one-inch punch in a trailer as an homage to Bruce Lee?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Toby Maguire made a few jokes in all of the three movies while he fought villains, more would damage the script and come out a bit of unnecessary cheese, he's good as a non-stop joker in fights in comics, doesn't really translate well on screen

Here's an example why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRPFni40F6Q

The third movie is hilarious, I didn't like it the first time I watched it fully, neither the second time, third time and forward it became my favorite Spider-Man movie

Some favorite scenes from Spidey 3:
Sandman's origin
The dance bits (hilarious)
The final fights (I didn't remember Spider-Man actually hitting Venom, appeared I was wrong, and the way he separated the symbiote from Brock is better than the way he did it in the 90s cartoon)
First fight with Sandman
Crane scene (it's cheesey how a slow crane breaks the windows the way it did, not mentioning the columns, but so are the death scenes in Final Destantion series, no complaint from me here)

Brock getting fired here made more sense than why he was fired from the Daily Globe in comics
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Kaede wrote:
Donnie Yen is too old, and Tony Jaa is the wrong nationality. Did I remember wrong, or did someone do the one-inch punch in a trailer as an homage to Bruce Lee?

Donnie yen looks nowhere near his age watch dragon tiger gate, the guy barely looks 30 in that. It really depends on what he wears besides old people play young characters all the time.

Besides Donnie Yen >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other living martial artist who does films
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm

SPIDER-MAN REBOOT wrote:
Toby Maguire made a few jokes in all of the three movies while he fought villains, more would damage the script and come out a bit of unnecessary cheese, he's good as a non-stop joker in fights in comics, doesn't really translate well on screen

That isn't true at all. It wouldn't have translated well on screen with Maguire, but with someone who has a joking personality would pull it off great.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 am

Rewatching Spidey 3 right now. How can you hate on Young's score, Kaio? It's so tastefully done, every cue is handled right and you can tell Young actually enjoyed the project. The main titles theme is also my favorite out of the three, with that outstanding blend of the back suit theme that strings into the Sandman theme during the middle of it(although, it's again missing the Uncle Ben cue that the other main titles used at the end of them, if it had that, it would've been perfect).

I wished Venom's theme(not to be confused with the black suit's theme music) was fleshed out more though. It's mostly this creepy chant that's used for a few seconds at the end of Brock's transformation and inbetween some Sandman cues during the final battle. It, like Venom himself, could've been so much more in this film. Funny enough, this seems to be a reoccuring issue with these film's scores. First the Goblin theme was handled just...ok, then Doc Ock's theme was almost unoticeable and then while Sandman's was used a lot and New Goblin's was slightly noticeable, Venom's was practically non-existent(did even the hardcore music fans even notice it?).

Still, overall it's a great score. I wish Elfman actually tried more in the previous two films when working on their music. He had a bunch of great ideas and he is the one who composed that great theme after all, but that doesn't change the fact that there wasn't as much effort as there could have been with his work. That lack of motivation is what lead to his little disputes with Raimi during the second film's production and why he was replaced by Young for Spidey 3(who did a lot of work with some tracks in the previous film already).
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 am

The difference between the first movie and the sequels show, they all looked younger in the first movie
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:09 am

SPIDER-MAN REBOOT wrote:
The difference between the first movie and the sequels show, they all looked younger in the first movie
People looked younger a few years earlier... Surely you jest
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
SPIDER-MAN REBOOT wrote:
People looked younger a few years earlier... Surely you jest
I laugh when I see the difference only after watching earlier pictures, seeing them gradually grow I don't notice the difference
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy   I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm rewatching the original Spider-Man trilogy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next