Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So if i played silent hill...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So if i played silent hill... Empty
PostSubject: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 am

in the dark, on my own, with head phones on, will i regret it and not be able to sleep for a while?

Cause if so i'm gonna play an RPG i also need to finish off FF9.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 am

which silent hill?

and probably yes
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:40 am

I never got through it cause I didn't like getting scared. I did finish 2 and that was freaky but there were no big scares 1 had freaking killer zombie babies and schools that shit is creepy.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:42 am

1 probably will. i found 1 and 3 scarier than 2
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:43 am

So tempted but fuck it i might give SF2 another chance as you seemed to make out I was being harsh on that game last week or something i think.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:49 am

wut? i just said 2 was stilll good. i'd still be playing it if my god damn data didn't get deleted
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:51 am

I'm tlaking about Shining force 2, that SF wasn't a typo can't remember where you said it but we've brought up the shining force games recently, in the last couple of weeks possibly when i was playing shadowrun.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:57 am

i know what you meant
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:01 am

Didn't you think SF2 was as good as the others or something?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:04 am

no i like 3 more than the others
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:08 am

I think SF2 was the best one but that's just me. Everything seemed deeper and more refined. Grinding battles did suck though. I hated accidentally starting a battle that was already completed.

I really wish I could play 3. Funny thing is I hate Strategy RPGs. I love Final Fantasy but FFT is god aweful boring.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:09 am

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
no i like 3 more than the others

What about 1 and 2

your like the firt person i've heard he didn't outright say that 1 was better.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:14 am

i've barely played 2 and i am only half way through 1

going back wards really took away from the experience, especially the decrease in battle quality

i do still like 1 and 2 though i just can give a fair opinion since i haven't played 2 as much
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:15 am

HisEllisness wrote:
I think SF2 was the best one but that's just me. Everything seemed deeper and more refined. Grinding battles did suck though. I hated accidentally starting a battle that was already completed.

I really wish I could play 3. Funny thing is I hate Strategy RPGs. I love Final Fantasy but FFT is god aweful boring.

there might be a rom of it but finding a quality saturn emulatoor might be close to impossible....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:18 am

HisEllisness wrote:

Grinding battles are a terrible addition to a game it basically means the developers thought "Fuck it I can't be assed ot balance this game instead you grind and can decide to balance the game for yourself, this should never be in a battle RPG as far i'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 am

the only time you're forced to grind in 3 is at the end of scenario 3 because your characters from scenario 1 and 2 are severely under leveled by then
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Silent hill 1 and 2 are crap now. They were good at the time though.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Ace wrote:
Silent hill 1 and 2 are crap now. They were good at the time though.

Looks aren't everything. A Jagged Pearl is still a Pearl.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Silent hill games were about atmosphere and silent hills filter means it looks great graphically despite its age.

Aside from most likely bad voice acting disrupting tension at some points its not gonna remove the horrible feeling of isolation in the games.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:06 pm

none of the SH really had bad voice acting
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
I didn't think so either but i haven't heard it in a while but production values were shoddier in those days
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Mr. Ryuji wrote:

The Room did.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:15 pm

that game was shit compared to the others anyway. i think that game was only slapped on with the silent hill franchise in hopes to improve sales
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 am

all the talk about shining force got me back into 3 Razz

unfortunately my saturn isn't working well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So if i played silent hill...   So if i played silent hill... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So if i played silent hill...
Page 1 of 1