Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Zero wrote:
I sent you a friend request Raz. I'm WeretigerX on PSN. I'd be willing to play with someone if any of you see me online.
If you refuse the friend request Raz you secure your place on the social ladder.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
avatar

Posts : 4721
Joined : 2008-08-07
Age : 27
Location : McNeil Village

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
I sent you a friend request Raz. I'm WeretigerX on PSN. I'd be willing to play with someone if any of you see me online.
If you refuse the friend request Raz you secure your place on the social ladder.

You accepted, so obviously you don't care about your place. And how can you forget about the fun times with RE5 Mercenaries?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
I sent you a friend request Raz. I'm WeretigerX on PSN. I'd be willing to play with someone if any of you see me online.
If you refuse the friend request Raz you secure your place on the social ladder.
You accepted, so obviously you don't care about your place. And how can you forget about the fun times with RE5 Mercenaries?
Yeah it was good. But you always seem to be playing different games to me. Obviously when i get U3 i'll let you know though.

Anyways your right i don't care about my place thats what makes me cooler and hence secures me mine.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
avatar

Posts : 4721
Joined : 2008-08-07
Age : 27
Location : McNeil Village

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
I sent you a friend request Raz. I'm WeretigerX on PSN. I'd be willing to play with someone if any of you see me online.
If you refuse the friend request Raz you secure your place on the social ladder.
You accepted, so obviously you don't care about your place. And how can you forget about the fun times with RE5 Mercenaries?
Yeah it was good. But you always seem to be playing different games to me. Obviously when i get U3 i'll let you know though.

Anyways your right i don't care about my place thats what makes me cooler and hence secures me mine.

I play a lot of games at once. It doesn't hurt to ask, right? I'm usually willing to switch up games to play online with someone since I don't do it too often.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Sometimes it does hurt to ask. I asked this lady when she was due the other day. She got really offended. Turned out she was just fat.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10292
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:40 am

Hurry up and get it Buu, yeah Zero we'll play sometime.

I still have to finish the damn story though.

Ellis, did you still bang her?

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Unfortunately yes. Once I dismantled her self esteem like that it was as easy as taking virginity from a baby.


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:06 pm

So I got this for Christmas and finished last night.

All in all, I'm pretty disappointed. I mean, the stories fine and everything and the set pieces are great but it's so obvious this was rushed to release.

There just seems to have been less 'love' put into this game. In UC2 you had the Tibetan village level where you walked around taking in the sights while petting oxen for a medal. In UC3 it's just set piece after set piece after gun fight after set piece.

I played through on Hard mode my first time through and man, enemies are bullet sponges now. They don't react to most shots and the stagger time is dramatically shortened. In previous games, shotguns are OHKs up close; now, enemies can tank two or three point blank shots.

Another weird thing about the enemies is that they seemingly have no sense of self-preservation. I'm not talking about why enemies keep attacking you when the plane is crashing or the ship is sinking, I'm talking about why enemies instantly rush to your position without even bothering with cover. In previous games, enemies would gradually try and flush you out. Now they flank you straight away. I get the feeling it's supposed to be a way of artificially increasing the difficulty (and it works, because you're pretty much boned if too many enemies get too close).

The new combat system is okay but it's so annoying that the grab button is mapped to the evade button. I can't count the number of times I got tagged by snipers because Drake wouldn't stop grabbing a guy who was all up in his face instead of rolling away. Plus, melee isn't really any more efficient than shooting them since it takes three or four combos to put down one enemy and the entire time you're vulnerable.

It's annoying how the developers decided the best way to stretch out the length was to throw horde after horde of enemies after you again and again. The level in the desert village was UC1 bad in terms of slogging your way through firefights. Tying this in to the fact that every enemy is practically the blue men from UC2 makes it boring as hell.

I'm annoyed that they took out the cheats and skins from the previous games since that was one of the main draws to the UC series to me. It made replaying the game fun. Now I don't think I'll touch this game after I finish Crushing.

Multiplayer is a joke. The only fun modes are the Co-Op modes and this is again hindered because every enemy is a bullet sponge. The fact you have to pay for stuff (like characters, skins and weapons) that you would be able to unlock in UC2 is ridiculous.

Plus there were so many questions after it ended:

What was Talbot's deal? Why was he seemingly immortal?
What was up with the ancient Hermetic society? Surely there is more of them.
What happened to Cutter? Or Chloe?

I know they had more planned for Cutter but they had to cut it because the VA got a role in The Hobbit (man, that movie is ruining everything recently), but it would have taken three seconds to have him and Chloe appear on the runway at the end.

videgams are serius bisnes
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:11 pm

don't ask those questions. moose will just call you stupid for not understanding the lazy story telling.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
avatar

Posts : 3276
Joined : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Ravels, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:47 pm

why would Cutter and Chloe go to Yemen? they said they wanted out, it's serves no purpose for them to show up in Yemen.

have them appear on the runway you say.. really? you want them to go to Yemen just to show up on the airfield when the others are on their way OUT OF YEMEN ?


besides, in case you hadn't noticed, it's not that easy to get into Yemen, so why would Chloe and Cutter go through all that trouble? WHY?



anyways, they could've added to the ending where the entire party meets up god knows where so they can celebrate or whatever, but there's absolutely no reason for Chloe and Cutter to go to Yemen.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:13 pm

He didn't say they needed to go to Yemen. The fact is the game just never tied that loose end up is what made it lazy. I don't agree with most of his other points but that one is valid.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
avatar

Posts : 3276
Joined : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Ravels, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
He didn't say they needed to go to Yemen.


judging from what he posted, he wanted or thought it was a good idea for Chloe and Cutter to show up at the runway in the end, which happens to be in Yemen if I remember correctly, so yeah, he did.



also, Chloe and Cutter decided they wanted to quit cause it was getting too dangerous. what more do you need to know?


Last edited by Eevil-Psycho on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9299
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Multiplayer is not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Regardless they should have included them somewhere, Yemen or not. These guys are professionals. If Drake and Sully can get in I don't see why Cloe and Cutter would have any problems.

And the multiplayer is great. I wish I was able to play it though.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
avatar

Posts : 3276
Joined : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Ravels, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Drake and Sully got some help from Elena cause she's a journalist and could get them in, besides they had a reason to be there. sure, Elena could get Cutter and Chloe in there too, but there's still no real reason for Chloe and Cutter to be there in the first place..


I agree, they could've made another ending and included Chloe and Cutter in a way that would make sense... but still, they decided to quit the adventure, they obviously didn't care enough about it to go on, why would they care enough to go and "celebrate" or something? any reason why they'd be in the ending would be kinda stupid, it's not their adventure anymore cause they decided to quit, they don't need to be there when all has ended, cause it still doesn't really serve a purpose other than giving the fans a last look at them.. just like how Sully didn't need to be in Uncharted 2's ending.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Sully was in U2's ending because he did need to be in it. It would have been even worse than leaving out Cloe or Cutter. "celebrating" isn't the only way to include them into the ending. You can't deny that it is a loose end. Giving the relationship between the characters (even Elena and Cutter knew each other somehow), just abruptly removing them and then disregarding them from then on out out was just lazy. I'm not saying it made the story terrbile, just a little sloppy in the way it was executed.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
avatar

Posts : 3276
Joined : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Ravels, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:28 pm

why did Sully need to be in the ending, him being there didn't add anything at all.. he quit not even halfway through the game, and then they bring him back in the end for what? why was he there?


and I agree, they could've elaborated more on how Elena knows Cutter and all that. but seriously, Chloe and Cutter didn't need to be in the ending. would it have been nice if they were? hell yeah, if it made sense and it added something..

as I said, they quit the adventure, their story is over, and the only sensible way to include them back in the ending is if they're celebrating or there's some other special occasion where Chloe and Cutter would attend. (e.g. Drake and Elena get married) which does give some room to tie up a couple of loose ends.. but did it need that? no.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Sully was necissary because as Drake's best friend/father figure it would have only made sense for him to visit him days after his adventure was complete. I agree it would have been stupid for them to just show up and say hey, but Naughty Dog is better than that. They could have done it in a way to make it feel more complete.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
avatar

Posts : 3276
Joined : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Ravels, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:01 am

well yeah, they could've added something that would've made sense, and make it more complete, sure. my point is just that it didn't need it at all.

the game does leave some questions, i agree. but I don't think all of them had to be answered in this game, there was no need to. I mean, it's a perfectly valid question to be asking what happened to Chloe and Cutter for example. but they quit the adventure, anything that would've happened to them had nothing to do with the adventure and thus was to no relevance to the story. I get why someone would wanna know that, but it's not relevant.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 29
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 am

Hopefully the Kart racer will answer all the questions.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
anyways, they could've added to the ending where the entire party meets up god knows where so they can celebrate or whatever, but there's absolutely no reason for Chloe and Cutter to go to Yemen.

You take video games too seriously.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
avatar

Posts : 806
Joined : 2010-08-14
Location : The Internet

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:36 am

In the end, I realized how much more I liked Drake's Fortune's story more then the other two Uncharted game. I'm halfway this on Crushing(second playthrough) though. But I'm being side tracked by Resistance 3's Superhuman mode and BioShock's Survivor mode.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 41028
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:40 am

Bring On The Rain wrote:
In the end, I realized how much more I liked Drake's Fortune's story more then the other two Uncharted game. I'm halfway this on Crushing(second playthrough) though. But I'm being side tracked by Resistance 3's Superhuman mode and BioShock's Survivor mode.
Well it was the only one where they seemed to focus on the characters.

Uncharted 2 was undoubtedly better then 1 but you care lessabout the other guys in it, except tenzin as he's a nutter.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
avatar

Posts : 3276
Joined : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Ravels, Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:14 am

Casa wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
anyways, they could've added to the ending where the entire party meets up god knows where so they can celebrate or whatever, but there's absolutely no reason for Chloe and Cutter to go to Yemen.

You take video games too seriously.


sometimes I do, I know.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9299
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:28 am

Quote :
The Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 1.03 patch is now deployed and will be rolling out across all regions globally over the next 24 hours. The patch notes to update 1.03 are as follows:

Available: January 12 2012

· Users in the largest party in a game room will no longer be designated as Villains a large majority of the time
· Cutscene viewer audio issues fixed (3D only)

Patch 1.03 contains the necessary technical hooks for the playing of upcoming DLC. Full details on the DLC content will be posted by January 17th.

Please note: Patch 1.03 must be downloaded in order to play the upcoming DLC via online or on LAN Party.

UPDATE:

We can make live updates on certain aspects of the multiplayer game and the following changes have been applied:

- Creepy Crawler Kickback - now requires 17 medals to activate (previously 15 medals).

- Quick Boom Kickback - now requires 10 medals to activate (previously 7 medals) and a 5 second decrease has been applied to its duration (now 15 seconds, previously 20 seconds)

We are working on balancing and tweaking other aspects of the multiplayer gameplay such as the FAL-SS and other elements. We'll have an update about upcoming changes as soon as we can make them available.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_103_notes/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   

Back to top Go down
 
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Blackwell Deception
» Elite Four Drake (Dragonspiral Team)
» New and Excluusive Quests???
» Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!
» Can Drake get nerfed.... Now? Please?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: