Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:30 am

If that's the case, if it were made for the PS3 instead of ported (which I assume it was if the 360 version is better) it could well be superior to that of Uncharted.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am

Crysis kicks the shit out of both of them.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:35 am

Neo wrote:
Crysis kicks the shit out of both of them.
Get out.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 am

What's a videogame graphics discussion without someone bringing up Crysis?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 am

A good one.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 am

But... how can you have a good graphics videogame discussion without good graphics?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 am

The same way you can have a good discussion about good football without bringing Barcelona FC into it.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 40986
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:51 am

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
An early character model of Drake is on par with Chris the background blows the crap out of that game.
RE5 graphics look better, more human like. Uncharted looks cartoony. Probably due to coloring, in art quality Uncharted 3 rivals RE5
I think I speak for everyone here when i say you make no sense and when you get called out of it you make another stupid statement which doesn't really make sense and doesn't actually back up your argument either.

Uncharted pics have more colour then the whole of RE5, so just turn down the colour on your monitor and watch things in grey scale.

Neo wrote:
But... how can you have a good graphics videogame discussion without good graphics?
Are you saying the PS3 does not have good graphics?

Get out

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ace
one crazy fool
avatar

Posts : 1490
Joined : 2010-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Sask Canada

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 am

Deception? really?
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:05 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Are you saying the PS3 does not have good graphics?
No, I just don't see the point in arguing about graphics in the first place when everyone already knows that a decent PC will almost always be better.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 am

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Are you saying the PS3 does not have good graphics?
No, I just don't see the point in arguing about graphics in the first place when everyone already knows that a decent PC will almost always be better.
Because just because a good PC will be better, it doesn't mean console graphics can't still be appreciated.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 40986
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 am

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Are you saying the PS3 does not have good graphics?
No, I just don't see the point in arguing about graphics in the first place when everyone already knows that a decent PC will almost always be better.
That wasn't the initial debate though they were saying which looks better RE5 or Uncharted from the screen shots.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6602
Joined : 2009-11-17
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 am

There's not really a debate to be had there. Uncharted is the technically superior game but, like most games these days, ultimately the art style will determine which game looks better. RE5 looks more realistic in some ways I suppose but Uncharted is a splash of colour in a sea of brown and bloom shooters.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 40986
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:17 am

Considering whats going on in the screens Uncharted looks better, the lack of colour really hurts RE5 as a whole. A lot of people also say the game looks like shit, I don't agree but i've never heard any such comments about Uncharted 1/2

HisEllisness wrote:
Yea, Amy is the shit. Thats why ND is awesome. She needs to get back with Crystal Dynamics and wrap that series up. I crave a SR3.

Did you actually play the whole series?

I own them all except Blood omen which i haven't played i got into the series from Soul reaver.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9261
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:25 am

RE5 was too colourful for a RE game to begin with. It ruined the atmosphere.
As for the character models, imo RE5 is superior. Chris, Jill, Sheva and Albert look more detailed and realistic than Nate, Elena, the other girl and the bald guy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 40986
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:29 am

enemy models, explosions, buildings scenery are definitely superior in Uncharted.

The main charaacter models might look better though.

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Faust
Spartan
avatar

Posts : 1681
Joined : 2009-05-14
Location : Who cares?

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
An early character model of Drake is on par with Chris the background blows the crap out of that game.
RE5 graphics look better, more human like. Uncharted looks cartoony. Probably due to coloring, in art quality Uncharted 3 rivals RE5
I think I speak for everyone here when i say you make no sense and when you get called out of it you make another stupid statement which doesn't really make sense and doesn't actually back up your argument either.

Uncharted pics have more colour then the whole of RE5, so just turn down the colour on your monitor and watch things in grey scale.
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:


Holy shit, is this the in-game engine?
Resident Evil 5 has a game engine as cool as this one
And then I said coloring style looks a bit cartoony in Uncharted, nothing that makes me sound like an idiot

And why should I play it grey scale? I love colors

Do I speak Dolphin here and I don't know of it?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:04 pm

It doesn't look cartoony, you're just too used to browns and greys dominating the screen to the point that you wouldn't see good colour if it slapped you in the face.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9261
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm going to put an end to this silly argument:





Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm going to be incredibly picky, and say that the hair and wall textures aren't that great.

Aside from that, she looks amazing.

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 4137
Joined : 2010-12-02
Age : 28
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:04 pm

I don't get it. Are people actually arguing that RE5 will look better than this game?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9261
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:08 pm

But... will Uncharted 3 ever be that great?

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
avatar

Posts : 10282
Joined : 2009-07-02
Age : 24
Location : Just Under Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Only time will tell...

_________________
Superbuu3 wrote:
Or just play streets of rage 2 repeatedly because in that game they tell the story with their fists and in some ways that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 pm

HisEllisness wrote:
I don't get it. Are people actually arguing that RE5 will look better than this game?

Unless Uncharted 3 offers up some amazing ass and lesbian cunnilingus then it can't be.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
avatar

Posts : 9261
Joined : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm

And for the end:



Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   

Back to top Go down
 
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Blackwell Deception
» Elite Four Drake (Dragonspiral Team)
» New and Excluusive Quests???
» Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!
» Can Drake get nerfed.... Now? Please?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: