Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?

Go down 
+9
Lucifer 9999
Balthier Bunansa
Fran
Dirjel
A_Nonny_Moose
nununuoka
Calamity
Baal
Superbuu3
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:43 pm

personally i love it
brings back memories of saturday morning cartoons
plus it means there are more action movies at the cinema
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Spider-Man 1 & 2 were great. 3 Was okay.
X-Men 1 was great. X-2 was okay. and X-3 sucked.
The Hulk movie sucked. I have yet to see the Incredible Hulk.
Iron Man was fucking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:44 pm

IMO iron man is the best comic movie i've seen
considering i'm a really big spider-man fan i think its crazy
Back to top Go down
Calamity
First Mate
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:30 am

Iron Man is so f-ing awesome! Best movie I've seen this year! I think it's really cool that there making alot more comic movies.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 am

ontopic: What I think is people are lacking in creativity nowadays. No offense intended, of course.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:17 am

Well, quite a few of them have been pretty good, so I don't mind. X-Men 1 and 2, Spidey 1 and 2, Nolan's Batman films, both Hulk films (yeah both), Ironman, etc.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 am

I still haven't seen Iron Man.

X-Men 1 was good. Haven't seen 2 or 3, though.

The first Hulk was awful.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight rocked, and they rocked HARD.
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

Surprisingly, a majority are entertaining, but it's kinda... old when you know what's going to happen already. But, indeed, people are running out of ideas. I don't see too many "original" movies nowadays. They're relying on old classics to net money.

I wish I could say the same for vidya game movies, though....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Trigger Walnut wrote:
Surprisingly, a majority are entertaining, but it's kinda... old when you know what's going to happen already. But, indeed, people are running out of ideas. I don't see too many "original" movies nowadays. They're relying on old classics to net money.

well thats the thing
i think film makers are willing to play around with plotlines
but then you'd get fans complaining its breaking the canon
so i think its hard to make a genuinely good comic movie that avergae cinemwa viewers
and comic fans would like
we're gonna see what happens when dragon ball hits cinemas
Back to top Go down
Balthier Bunansa
Skypiea Priest
Balthier Bunansa

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:32 pm

The Batman movies are the best. <_<
Back to top Go down
Lucifer 9999
Skypiea Priest
Lucifer 9999

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:39 pm

Just a comment

I study publicity and advertisement, one of my teachers told me that he is doing a reaserch on this topic, he found that actual heroes are dying and theres a plan to re-launch heroes

Its sad to think that boys and girls from 10 years now, wont have super heroes to cling to
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Trigger Walnut wrote:

Don't forget that some movies are also based on old novels as well. Plenty of recycled ideas. But I guess, in the subject of originality, it's hard to tell which idea is original since virtually every concept is a rehash of another one, with tweaks and touch-ups. That's where creativity comes in.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Batman and Iron Man. Enough said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JudgementStar
MonkeyWrench
Deck Hand
MonkeyWrench

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:37 pm

I'm kind of glad they're taking some of the material more seriously. I enjoyed Iron Man and The Dark Knight was excellent.

I've got some hope for Watchmen. Sort of.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 pm

with watchmen though i fear the hype will hurt it
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:38 pm

I always thought Batman Begins was the best Batman movie out of all of them. But then again, I haven't seen Dark Knight yet, much as I want to.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Raziel wrote:
with watchmen though i fear the hype will hurt it
It might hurt the film a little I suppose, but it certainly isn't hurting the book. So far the hype has worked wonderfully. The latest print of the book sold out pretty quickly after the trailer was released. But really there is no hype for Watchmen outside of people who've already read it, and not all of them are happy about it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Snake6782 wrote:
I always thought Batman Begins was the best Batman movie out of all of them. But then again, I haven't seen Dark Knight yet, much as I want to.
Begins was the first one that was really just a Batman movie, instead of a "here's the cool villain this time around" movie. Even '89 Batman had a bit of that.
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:45 pm

That's what we call a unpleasing fanbase. I remember a forum where users were mentioning how much The Dark Knight sucked... and it wasn't even out yet.
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Baroque Works Agent
Amaterasu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:08 am

Am I seriously the only person alive that did not think The Dark Knight was excellent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 am

Rinku wrote:
Am I seriously the only person alive that did not think The Dark Knight was excellent?

No. Everyone thinks that movie is the second coming of Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Calamity
First Mate
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:37 am

Rinku wrote:
I'm going to be seeing The Dark Knight tommarow so who knows? I might end up not likeing it either (I doubt it though).
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:20 pm

I can't say for certain yet, Rinku, since I have yet to see The Dark Knight myself. Although I did think the previews I've seen of the movie are good.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Amaterasu
Baroque Works Agent
Amaterasu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:20 pm

I didn't hate it, by any means. But I'm pretty sure I've made it onto some people's hitlists because I didn't build a Dark Knight shrine in my closet and walk around dressed as Poison Ivy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Rinku wrote:
I didn't hate it, by any means. But I'm pretty sure I've made it onto some people's hitlists because I didn't build a Dark Knight shrine in my closet and walk around dressed as Poison Ivy.
probably
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?   What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the massive increase in comic movies?
Page 1 of 1