Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dynasty Warriors 7

Go down 
+2
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
that meant i beat it with everyone whether i thought they were piles of shit or not
But thats because there was a point to it.

This also meant you actually tried out characters who may seem crap at first but get better with higher levels, or with tier 4 weapons. I can safely say i didn't like characters like pang de at first but they got awesome later and i'd never have played with them aside from the initial trrying out if there wasn't something to unlock or sdo something.

Also created characters look shit in cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:57 pm

there was no point to it other than for the sake of beating it with them or simply playing them. i had already unlocked everyone by the time i got to them and there were a handful of characters that didn't have a story mode in 3 until XL and i still took the time to level them up.

also if you missed it i said there was still a point in playing the main cast in 4 despite having character creation.

i honestly see the created characters on par with main cast aside from having a more unique outfit for the main cast.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:59 pm

anyway i'm gonna go pick this up in a bit. laters dude
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 pm

but thats from you being a completionist. there is no actual reason to give them much of a playthrough at all.

DW7s story mode is different to 4s adn this one is better.

Created characters have the problem of things like voices not suiting them, there costumes are also less detailed as are there faces.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:45 pm

got my dw7. gots a big smile too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 pm

omg zhao yun just ninja kicked a horse in th face in the opening >.>
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:56 pm

nooo its hard for me to read the text Sad
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:39 am

so far i played cao cao, guan ping, and xiahou dun. they all fight the same since they start with one handed swords......

it looks like the only unique attacks are one ex attack their musou attack
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD, LU BU IS CHASING ME DOWN
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 am

rofl catapults are funny
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:14 pm

online lag is so bad its funny, at least it didn't effect game play too much for my friend and i. it's just that when we needed each others help we couldn't figure out where the hell we were because we kept teleporting on each others screen. and when we were kicking ass it looked like we were running into walls or attacking the air on each others screen

a few lulz worthy examples of out lag

me:"aw shit, lu bu is here......"
friend" yeah, i know, he's chasing me!"
me "wtf are you talking about he's hitting me right now!"
friend "he's hitting me too!"
me "are you next to me!? where are you!?"
friend "i ran out of the base when i saw him!"
me "wtf??? he's killing me in the base right now! what is this bullshit???"

friend "i need to find some health."
me"go for it, i'll stop them at the bridge"
friend "oh man, two generals are attacking me!"
me"hold on. i'm fighting two generals across the bridge right now. alright i got them."
friend "thanks."
me "huh i didn't get to you yet."
friend "but it just said on my screen that you killed them."
me "what??? i was fighting those guys on the other side of the river............."

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

uh i hope they patch it soon
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:36 am

it still surprisingly plays well despite the lag. we didn't notice any lag until we looked at each other and asked what we were doing. you can fight the same guy that isn't in the exact place for both players but both players can still damage him and kill him.

there is no leveling system anymore. there is a skill branch system like in 6. you get skill points by defeating officers. story mode characters max out skills quickly because you automatically get skill points just for playing through the level. i maxed out zhang he's skill branch before i even killed a single person. increasing stats has gone back to the dw 3 system where you pick up stat+ items from fallen generals.

collecting weapons has gone back to officers dropping there weapon and level difficulty determine the weapon drops rarity. you can also buy the more common ones at shops and automatically obtain some through story mode for the characters you play. weapons also have seals that you can unlock that are pretty much items that you can equip to slots on your weapons.

conquest mode is pretty much xtreme mode from previous dw games aside from getting randomly generated missions. there is a ton of missions though. i haven gotten to any of the high difficulty ones though and some of them are EXTREMELY short, i'm not kidding when i finished them in less than 30 seconds. luckily those don't appear to often, in fact i believe they only appear as "gate" missions you need to complete in order to go into cities. in cities you can request help from people, buy weapons, give weapons to blacksmiths to help you get seals, buy animals, strengthen bonds with allies, and take quizzes for a small amount of gold.

in battle the old combat system with a few tweaks is back, but do to the fact that each character can use a dozen or so different fighting styles the only unique moves each character has are there EX attacks, which is an extended charge attack, and their two musou attacks. musou attacks seem ridiculously powerful for some characters, xu zhu and taishi ci killed me with one while i was at full health. musou attacks are now entirely unique, instead of doing a basic combo and a flashy finish when the bar ends, you do an attack that can effect an area or a throw type attack that mainly targets one enemy. i guess they were trying to make their awesome specials from hokuto to make a return.

weapon switches can occur mid combo by pushing r1 unfortunately they do a special moves while sheathing there current weapon and that can either help extend your combo or stop it right there. weapons can be switched mid battle as well, by this i mean you can switch your two weapons you currently have equipped for different ones by pausing. you can also distribute skill points mid battle by pausing too.

chances are i'm forgetting something, but oh well. i dislike making long posts...... bounce
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:03 am

ok yeah, i forgot about weapon proficiency.

each character has a weapon proficiency of 0-3 stars. with 0 stars they can't use the weapon at all. with one they can use it. with 2 they get a combo speed increase, and three you get a special ability depending on weapon type. a speed type will allow you to air dash or cancel dash out of a normal combo while a power type adds a tornado effect which i guess increases range or damage, not entirely sure. there are seals that allow you to use the weapon as if you had a 3 star proficiency
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:04 am

i like lian shi's butt too

also, voice chat can be weird at times
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:47 am

did you say the missions are randomly generated?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:23 pm

they aren't randomly generated. some missions change the officers you face though
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 am

apparently if you play with me buu i can help you unlock all the characters before you touch story mode
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 am

thats pretty handy i just hope we aren't screwed due to lag.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 pm

well the only thing bad about the lag is if someone needs help we can't help them by going to them on either of our screens. we just have to announce who we're fighting and seek out said general in the nearby area.

played one of the most difficult level in conquest mode. it was fucking sweet all armies united to take me and my friend down, i think this is the level you have to do to get the 3000 kill trophy.

i believe a lot i forgot to mention that a lot of the maps are exactly the same in DW6. i i wouldn't mind as much if this were just for conquest mode. conquest mode easily has well over 200 levels, maybe even over 300, but i really don't want to count them all. over a hundred are character specific and a ton of the levels are very easy
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

also, because of my dirty mind i lol'd pretty hard at wu's ending
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 pm

this game seems pretty glitchy. luckily the remedy for most glitches is simply saving and reloading or moving far away from the enemies to reset there position
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:06 am

what kind of glitches?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:38 am

so far i've gotten stuck in the roof in a pre battle camp once and the other an enemy didn't appear on my screen, which i assume he got stuck in the ground or something
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:56 am

as much as i adore lian shi's butt she isn't my favorite female character to play as anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynasty Warriors 7
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next