Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Punk Rock thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

The Punk Rock thread Empty
PostSubject: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Who here listens to punk rock? Anything from Green Day (Yeah, they were punk. So what.) to Crass.
What are some of your favorite punk bands?

I've been really into NOFX lately. I might get to see them in Dallas next January!!!
I've also been wanting to get into The Wipers... But I hear them, and I'm just like "Eh....". It's just not enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:52 pm

I love greenday. I used to like Blink 182, back when they were around.

I just listen to whatever has a guitar in it, i like things like killers, kings of leon, used to be really into the chillis.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 am

I love Blink 182. Alot of people that listen to punk music are like "BLINK 182/SUM 41/GREEN DAY/EVERY OTHER POP-PUNK BAND AREN'T PUNK, SO FUCK YOU. I'M SO PUNK. PUNK PUNK PUNK."

Fuck that.
Blink 182, or any of those bands never claim to be "punk". If I recall correctly, NOFX is pop-punk, and people say NOFX is punk rock, yet NOFX is always calling themselves "punk". Doesn't that make them non-punk?
So in conclusion, I love Blink Very Happy

And I have a friend who actually used to hang with one of the guys from Kings of Leon! I'm not sure which guy, but apparently her dad was good friends with either one of the members, or a family member of one of the guys. So she got to hang out with them quite a bit back in the day, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:18 am

I think i got all of Blink's albums on CD, I used to be into Sum 41 when they first came out, but that was years ago lol.

I also liked most of the smallville soundtrack, but thats not punk at all i thought i'd just give you a clue as to what i like and yeah most people probably think its shit but whatever. I like what i hear enough or stuff with guitars in them.

I mean i know loads of people dis linkin Park but i absolutely loved there first two albums at the time. I still find some of there later stuff catchy but there nothing special any more when they started i expected them to turn out to be something special. Still like In the end, Breaking the habit and what i've done (probably cause that was in the transformers movie). Anything i hear in the background enough i end up thinking is catchy. Hell anything i hear on Guitar hero i end up liking to an extent lol.
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:34 am

You have no idea how much I love Blink... It's just I've sadly grown out of them Sad Like if I found them now (with my interests in things like anti-corporatism, politics, shit nobody cares about, selling out, mass produced art, etc) I would HATE Blink for being a big record label's wet dream.... But I got into them when I was like 10, and they are so important to the way I developed my tastes in music, I could never put them down. They are nostalgic.

I saw Sum 41 live once. I got to meet them (after waiting outside their bus for 45 minutes yelling "SUM 41!"). really cool guys. and i own all their music. same story with blink as well.

Linkin Park is pretty good, from what I've heard from them. I never got super into them though. But I've heard a few of the things you mentioned and I like them. I like bands with a rock/hiphop kind of vibe from them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:39 am

Oh yeah blink 182 is ancient they've been around since i was a kid. I think they were around before you were born.

I haven't listened to there new stuff since they said they'd make that come back but i don't remember them releasing another album since they reformed or whatever.

I can say they did change as they aged though pretty much like Green Day but Green Day did it better pretty much always making a song i'll like.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:00 am

I don't mind me some punk. It's not my favourite genre, but when it's done right it can be quite good.

I have a sort of love hate relationship with Greenday and Linkin Park. Some days I'll like their songs a lot, other days I won't be able to stand them. I used to be massively into both, but not so much anymore. Never much cared for Blink with the exception of a few songs.
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:17 am

Yeah, blink was around for about 3 or 4 years before I was born. It's weird, because the vast majority of music I listen to was made pre-1998. So at the oldest, I was 3 (I was born at the very end of 1994).
I can never HATE a green day song. I just really prefer their stuff off of anything before their newest album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Punk Rock thread   The Punk Rock thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Punk Rock thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: