Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlimited Blade Works the Movie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 am

Jesus, I had completely forgotten about this when the year started and it suddenly dawned upon me one day that this movie existed and to download it. Luckily the DVD had come out and there were subs so I just got done watching it. My opinion... it's really friggin' fast and I don't mean that in terms of how long the movie is, it's nearly two hours, but the scenes move quickly and some things aren't touched upon or explained, like Kuzuki and Rin being surprised at Shiro following her. To be honest people who have read the VN already know those things but when you make movies like these you're gonna kind of want to go into some more depth, not a lot but some little explanations would've been nice. I also didn't like how some of the lines from the VN didn't make it, like Lancer and Archer's little speech where Lancer ends up attempting to kill him or where Gilgamesh shows he's more ruthless before tearing out Ilya's heart and then there's the entire True Ending where Shiro and Rin have a pretty big talk but it does show them in a similar situation at the end, so I guess I can give it a pass. What I did like were the animation and fight scenes. The animation is spectacular especially during the fight scenes and especially in the last two, they went all out on the animation for the last two fight scenes, when it comes out dubbed I will upload them to show how fluid they are. The story is wrapped up in a nice manner however, for what was a pretty long story in the VN and they did cut out a lot of the unnecessary or otherwise commonly known stuff.

Although I just have to ask, WHAT'S WITH THE RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF BLOOD!? Just about everyone loses a fucking quart of their blood every time they are cut, it is ridiculously hilarious how every time someone bleeds they will lose shitloads of blood even if they're sliced in the shoulder. Then again I shouldn't be surprised, it is an anime and not having ridiculous amounts of blood is like not having something perverted in it and lord do they have enough of that with Rin's tits jiggling a lot.

Overall, really good adaptation and enjoyable to watch but fuck you could've slowed down a bit on the scenes and explained a few things.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:59 am

So, It's like the VN abridged with all of the juice squeezed out of it?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:21 am

It's like the VN but with a few details missing and not as much development in Rin and Shiro's relationship.

Not that it's bad, I found it to be highly enjoyable but don't go in it expecting to see the same developing scenes between Shiro and Rin as in the VN... not that they don't still end up together, however.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:27 am

When did you get the time to read Fate Stay Night? And why didn't you read Umineko instead? olol
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 am

Just watched this again and I have to say... why the fuck isn't this dubbed yet and Shiro vs Gilgamesh is still a pretty fucking awesome fight.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Are you watching the Fate/Zero anime, Baal? I haven't watched it because I know bugger all about this side of the Type/Moon universe, but it's made by Ufotable, so it's probably very good.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 pm

I've heard it's actually really good and if no dubbing company licenses it before the end of the year then I'll watch it in January, probably.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:28 pm

FUNi might, they've been shaping up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited Blade Works the Movie   Unlimited Blade Works the Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlimited Blade Works the Movie
Page 1 of 1