Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)

Go down 
+3
Skip
Zero
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Empty
PostSubject: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 pm

First Up Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Screens shots = effort, so instead i will babble.

This will act as a semi FAQ so feel free to use it for help if for some reason your stuck which i'm sure none of you will be lol.

The First Turnabout

So first off we see who committed the murder, I am somewhat baffled by this as i thought the point was to work out who did it, but then again i guess that would be a detective game. So lets see what the big fuss is about. The client hires me to defend them in a murder case this seems kinda retarded, i assume the person hiring me is some kind of hobo who couldn't afford a real attorney. I get the impression my buddy will be regretting this decision as i'm armed with no clue what type of game this is, just that people go on about it.

Alright serious confusion kicks in i'm talking to a guy called larry (he's the defendant) he is calling me nick thats a shitty abbreviation.

What Happened?
Girl killed in her appartment, her bf is arrested Larry butz my best friend from high school. So i'm going to court

Court:
Larry seems to talk a bit too much when he's on the stand,
Spoiler:

He seems to lose it a bit and sounds a bit mental after discovering cindy (victim) actually had a few sugar daddies. Mr Sahwit comes to the stand the murderer we see earlier, his story has more holes then swiss cheese, the time of the murder being the big error this phone call business is suspicious to, its very easy to call him out on this during the cross examination this bit is fun, i kept questioning after everything as this guy is not good under pressure.
Spoiler:

After presenting your evidence, Sahwit comes out with the hilarious line of saying you with your evidence and objections, i'm not sure what he expected me to do.

Even after all this you haven't proven anything though so the you have to prove why the clock had a different time and if it was the wrong time during the murder.
Spoiler:

You then find out what happened:
Spoiler:

All round this was way more entertaining then i thought it was going to be on to case 2.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am

At face value, Phoenix Wright doesn't look too good, but when I picked it up for the first time, I couldn't put it down.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:57 am

Yeah its actually really intersting no replay value whatsoever though.

Case 2: Turnabout Sisters

At the end of the first case your already told whats gonna happen. Mia is killed!!!!
Spoiler:

Anyway this one was really drawn out i got kinda bored of talking to people before the case, basically you get to the scene and discover mia dead, her sister went to meet her after getting a call. Mia being the thoughtful older sister writes her little sisters name in blood make it look like she did the murder again we see some other dude commit the murder.

After countless faffing about seeing Maya, a detective, some freaky catwoman and a fat guy I decide to represent Maya against a Miles Edgeworth he's meant to be a big shot lets take him down.

The case starts off easy enough with gumshoe taking the stand, its quite obvious that he made some inaccuracies in his statement, I didn't find this too hard, its quite obvious how to tackle this as he talks about hard evidence when he has none, and then there's the matter of writing a killers name which he says happens in the movies.

Spoiler:

April May the worst named character ever and a complete and utter furry freak i hate her sooooooo much. She makes some obviously bogus statements knowing that the statue was a clock exactly like the first case its not too hard to make her lose it which is kinda hilarious as she looks like she'll try to kill everyone in the court.

Spoiler:

Managed to call up the bell boy this case is a lot harder and more interesting then the first. I end up getting backed in a corner when the bellboy pops up i can't seem to do anything with information found out, but as the end i managed to implicate another guy who could have been involved.

End of Day 1.

Day 2:

I manage to track down the man who most likely killed Mia, turns out he's got everyone in his pocket, as he deals in information he's blackmailing everybody. He hits me and eventually he somehow twists everything around so that i'm on trial.

This bit is kinda tricky as everything is against you i genuinely thought i was going to lose the csae after i made the first couple of objections, fortunately this is meant to happen.

Seriously though this case was tense and was really fun in the end. I just wish the talking bits inbetween trials weren't so long but i guess there needed.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:15 am

Yeah, shit's cash. It just keeps getting better. The last cases are always the best.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Case 3: Turnabout Samurai

This one was about a actor being killed by another actor, was quite interesting. The trial was three days long annoyingly meaning there were 3 day walk arounds and i'm definitely not a fan of these. Cases are starting to get a lot harder, with me making the occasional mistake.

The days in court though on this one were definitely better its a lot more fun when there's a actualy a bit of a challenge in terms of trying to find out which piece of evidence to use. Its also good to see edgeworth isn't a complete douche.

Storywise i gues the second case was most intersting so far, and i doubt the others in this game will interest me as much but lets see if the game can prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:45 am

Edgeworth is a bro. You'll see, I'm sure. The 4th and 5th cases are the best ones in the first game, by a mile.

I wasn't much of a fan of investigating either, but it gets a lot more interesting in the last case.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:49 am

Case 4: Turnabout Goodbyes

By far the best case of the game so far, again investigating is a drag, but the suspect is edgeworth. This also introduces the awesome manfred von Karma who is just hilarious in terms of a villain this man is such a dick but its brilliant. There's more then a couple of times when it looks like you are going to copmletely fail which is kinda cool keeps oyou on the edge of the seat, although it must be pretty hard to actually die in this game as i've never come close.

Odd thinig about this case was i kinda figured out all the twists and turns quite early on which is a shame, i'm not sure if everything was bleedingly obvious or if i just picked up on them quickly its really hard to tell with this kind of game, but i guess part of the charm is feeling you solved the case alone.

One thing that slightly bugged me about the case was how phoenix insists on making things harder for himself by doing stupid things and endangering himself but i guess they need these kinds of things to make the csaes harder also sometimes things aren't so intuitive, i think i tried to point out 3 gunshots were fired from the gun a bit too early and ended up getting penalised for it, but i guess this simple system was never gonna be perfect lets see if it fixes up in the later games.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:13 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
i tried to point out 3 gunshots were fired from the gun a bit too early and ended up getting penalised for it, but i guess this simple system was never gonna be perfect lets see if it fixes up in the later games.
That sort of thing happened to me a bit, so I had to take a few steps backward and approach t slowly. Not really a big deal, because I knew where I wanted to take the case and all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 am

Having to give up on Case 5 rise of the phoenix due to nausea...

Let's Play Phoenix Wright: Justice For All

Case 1: The Lost Turnabout

Phoenix has amnesia the most contrived plot device to try and recap ever. Anyway simple case of a woman accused of killing her boyfriend because they walked in the park together. Yes because public places are always the best way to go when committing premeditated murder of a cop no less...

This case is shockingly easy with one slight hiccup. You pretty much just go through the motions here. Its quite annoying to play this mission as Red White moves exactly the same as this guy they have very similar animations it annoyed me a lot (also cross examination music sounds fruity in this game and no longer suspenseful (BIG MISTAKE). Anyway, you basically have to prove the witness is incompetent, which is kinda fun cause he's the biggest douche in the series yet.

The last clue was the only one that had me stumped as it wasn't particularly logical. I mean there was no reason in particular reason to think it.

Summary:
Spoiler:

Anyway here's what you do at the end:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

Case 2: Reunion and Turnabout

I knda sucked at this case i kept jumping two clues ahead of what i was supposed to say. I hate when that happens. The case in itself was interesting the amount of faffing about involved in this one was extremely jarring though. The sisters were freaking annoying and the game is just way to obvious with who the killer is admittedly they don't just show you the murderer like they did in the first one, but its still fairly obvious early on. I'd like a genuine suprise at some point.

Anyway, the case involved Maya getting framed well kinda as the killing involved the spirit she summoned. Given by how much everyone knew about channeling i'm suprised they didn't just sentence the spirit seeing as they all believed she'd summoned one. I think thats the main thing that bugged me about this case.

The addition of this Psyche lock and profiles for evidence definitely makes the whole game a lot harder though which is probably a good thing i just hope the next case is more interesting. Also WTF about Edgeworth i won't spoil that for anyone but seriously when you get to that its fairly shocking.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:34 am

Case 3: Turnabout Big Top

The first half of this case was nothing special the second half has a very chilled out witness who's very hard to crack i always find these ones more fun you also get pretty much nowhere by pressing. I wish more cases were like this one. The whole thing coming together and making sense before your actually told or given prompts is a lot nicer then when its either bleedingly obvious or you kinda get to the answer more by exclusion.

The mysterious appearance of an old friend has made me really anticipate the next case. This should be good.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:04 am

I can't believe you actually liked the circus case.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:11 am

Neo wrote:
I can't believe you actually liked the circus case.
The characters annoyed me, but i did like the final court scene honestly i had no idea what was going on and then it just clicked. I don't think it had much to do with the case if not more to do with how it all came together for me. Also was a nice change for the person not to freak out every two seconds. Also it took me a lot longer to get throught the second case and i didn't enjoy it much at all, i did it badly and was struggling with the new dynamic of profiles, the psyche locks i actually failed once or twice.

Overall game 1 is waaaaaaaay better though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:48 am

Yeah, as a whole Game 2 is the worst. It's all uphill from there. Until you get to AJ...
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 am

AJ was my first AA game and I liked it...Does that mean I'll especially love the others then. XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:11 am

Yes, very much so.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:11 am

Case 8: Farewell My Turnabout Part 1

Whoa shit this final case is pretty intense i just got up to the bit with

Spoiler:

Definitely done really awesomely, annoyingly i think someone posted a pic of this engarde guy at some point so i knew he had an alter ego early on, otherwise i can only imagine how much more awesome this case would have been. Although i still prefer the final case of the 1st fame so far but maybe the climax can win me over.

I definitely think this one started out as only being semi interesting, it could of been because of all the cameos, but the intensity does pick up. Also the whole doing the right or wrong thing is a nice concept in this case. Not sure if this kind of thing will be touched on again but i think it has been done well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:07 am

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

Case 1: Turnabout memories

This case you play as mia who's not as retarded as phoenix is at times and you are defending phoenix who is even more retarded then normal. Its interesting to see a young winston Payne to and young judge looks like old judge i guess 5 years don't make a difference. I do hate how in the after text they made it obvious dahlia will show up again it would be cooler if she just showed up and we were allowed to think for ourselves for two seconds.

This was a pretty decent introductory case although i liked case 1 from the first game betterm just cause i felt cooler doing it this one was a cakewalk. Seems kinda dumb that phoenix has no idea who grossberg is though considering he was supposed to defend him in this case...
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:42 am

iirc it's the Judges brother who runs the Mia cases in T&T.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Case 2: The Stolen Turnabout

Luke Atmey is obviously the most shifty person ever. Its quite easy to work out this case extremely early on. One thing i found odd was it never comes up in court that the square shape is missing from the paint blob. I thought this was obvious proof that the time stamp was not authentic instead they seem to just take your word for it. I found this to be kinda odd.

Was a pretty interesting case. I had hardly a clue what to do in the last testimony bit where you can only push one statement, but already this game is look way better then JFA. I still prefer teh first games soundtrack though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 am

I agree with you on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:26 am

Case 3: Recipe For a Turnabout

A fairly difficult case this one, had one of the most annoying villains in a case yet but the case itself was good took me a good while in to work out exactly how the murderer plotted it and it was a great plan. Had one of the stupidest bits of testimony i've seen in any case yet.

At one point the chef randomly claims that he put a mirror in the middle of the walkway of the restaurant. Seriously how freaking stupid was that and then he makes out he was placing it and removing it around the time of the murder. Considering how clever the plan as a whole was this bit of testimony was stupid.

Also the whole wright being impersonated was kinda dumb especially when the judge and the person who i was representing who i'd worked for in JFA didn't realise it wasn't me...

Aside from that though was a fairly enjoyable case. I thought godot was gonna be cool but despite claiming to get tigre into court it seems he most likely got the cops to do it if he did it himself i'd have though he was cool but he still has not impressed me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:16 am

Furio Tigre has the best name ever.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Case 4: Turnabout beginnings

I weren't too keen on this case from the beginning because i could see where it was going also as your up against edgeworth in the past you definitely can't win this case. This clearly was a setup for whats to come though. Also Dahlia makes me want vomit, i guess they do a great job of making you hate the villains in this game.

Anyway on to case 5. Also young edgeworth has an awesome shirt:

Very dapper
Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) 1y-edgeworth-confidenta
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series)   Let's play: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Series) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 am

Case 5: Bridge to the Turnabout

Spoiler: