Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fable 3

Go down 
+2
Kimarous
Old School
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:57 am

Alright, to be honest.
I wasn't intrested in Fable 2 and I didn't know Fable: The Lost Chapter existed until last thursday.

But the third installment to the series really caught my intrest.
Never playing a Fable game before, this may be a new experience for me.

Has anyone else thought about this game lately?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 am

I've never played a Fable game before myself. Considering how the third one is apparently coming out for the PC, I might decide to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:26 am

I'll probably download it and give it a try, don't honestly think it's going to be worth a buy though.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 am

im buying fable 3
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 am

i luv fable
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:46 am

i thought your 360 was dead and your pc was crap?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:53 am

we got another 360 like a week ago
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 am

i jusr pre-ordered it that villager creator bonus thing sounded very tempting Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:58 am

I'm still not sure on this. I loved Fable II, it was great... but it was also really, really short. I finished the main story in under ten hours, and even when going for 100% completion I never clocked up more than thirty.

See HERE.

I can't justify spending forty quid on a game unless I know it's going to have massive replay value, and I don't see Fable III offering that.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 am

i ended up playing fable 2's main story four times so i'm not too worried bout replay value Smile
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:28 am

I only played it once. I tried to do another play through about a month after, but I never finished it... I got bored.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:31 am

replaying some parts was boring but i really liked the action and consequence thing which is what kept me going

if character customization was deeper i think this would easily be my fav 360 game
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:54 am

apparently the pre-order bonus expires tomorrow and i have yet to receive mine.....

that's kinda annoying

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Alright, I caved and... well, not entirely caved, I only rented it. I'm about eight hours in, and thus far it feels an awful lot like Fable 2. A lot of the mechanics are slightly different rather than any better, but it still has that very distinctive Fable charm; the graphics are nice for the most part, (though the way the sunlight filters through trees and over rooftops is stunning) though a few weak textures and repeated character models still grate a little, the sound is much the same as Fable 2, constant dialogue from NPCs, a decent score...

To be honest, it's an enchanting and enthralling game in it's own right. Problem is, I kinda get the feeling that the story is winding up now. That means that the main quest is likely to have take around ten hours, the same as Fable 2's. Therein lies the problem; it's too much like it's forebear, and the few changes feel like changes for the sake of change rather than improvements per se. Still, I'll update once I'm done with it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:58 am

tho few things i've come across that i don't like in this is the removal of the expreesion wheel forcing you to use whatever they make you. i don't like my guy dancing with other guys, i'm just glad i haven't been forced to kiss one yet >.>

investing in real estate is fairly tedious now due to the addition of house conditions, forcing you to repair houses every so often or the tenant will refuse to pay rent

but the change i like most in F3 is the menu (if you can call it that), it feels a lot more organized and easier to work with than in 2.

i do like this more than 2 mostly because it takes place during an industrial era, i guess it's something i just prefer
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:08 am

I'm now

Spoiler:

Speaking of which, the part in that cave was really freaky. Nicely done.

And yeah, the Sanctuary being your pause menu is a brilliant idea, and it works. I still think the game is too short, but I won't deny what content there is is stupendously realised.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:34 am

i've yet to get that far but i think i am fairly close, i'm taking my time trying to get loaded with cash.

not sure if this is a spoiler or not but it involves getting the good ending

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid the specifics, but
Spoiler:
It's actually easier to do than you might think; once you're King (or Queen) there's a Demon Door on Sunset House that opens and gives you one million gold. Use that to buy and rent out the most expensive stores/houses and your income will soar. I've currently bought out probably 75% of all the properties in the game, and my income is close to one hundred thousand gold every five minutes. And that's with all my income set to 'normal'. If I jacked the prices up, I'd be closer to one hundred and fifty thousand; I won't do that though, it makes people hate you.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:27 pm

i think i've bought every property i can the last time i played, i don't have access to all towns though but i make about 50k-60k every 5 minutes.

i hope you make money while you're not playing like in 2 cause it's been a day or two since i last played. wonder how much i'll make. Very Happy i'm worried i might have to repair everything when i load my save though >.>
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:12 pm

No, unlike Fable 2 you don't make money whilst the game is off.

I just resorted to plugging in the Play & Charge kit (it stops the controller turning itself off after ten minutes) and leaving my Hero in a village (where it's safe!) overnight. I returned six hours later and had amassed about three million gold.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, that's that done. Managed to get the best possible outcome at the end too.

So, final thoughts?

Ultimately, it's still too much like Fable 2.5. The little tweaks here and there aren't entirely convincing, and while the whole atmosphere is still uniquely Fable-y I can't help but look back on it and think I'd have been a little disappointed had I bought the game. The art style is nice (though I wish you could turn the hateful motion blur off), and in terms of length, it's actually longer than I'd perhaps given it credit for, my first playthrough clocking in at around thirteen hours. Granted, I wasn't exactly rushing and I've done a decent number of sidequests and fruitless off-the-path- exploration, but it's marginally longer than Fable 2's was. Marginally. Not sure if there'd be much replay value either; the story is very linear, and most of the good / evil choices only pay off once. Compared to their integration in Bioware's titles, it just feels antiquated.

The game gives you three styles of combat, melee, ranged and Magic. In truth, Magic is so grossly overpowered it's an almost moot point; the way that enemies tend to group up on you means that ninety nine times out of a hundred your best bet is to simply spam AoE magic attacks. Even isolated you're just as well to charge a magic attack and one shot your opponent. I can see why ranged attacks might appeal to some, having a greater range than most magic, but there's very little reason to ever use melee. This was also an issue in Fable 2, and if anything it's even more unbalanced here. The selection of weapons is also greatly reduced here. Fable 2 had lots and lots of weapons in each class, Fable 3 gives you two, sword and hammer for melee, rifle and pistol for ranged. Yes, there are more 'Legendary' weapons in Fable 3, and in truth I was never that fussed by the options available in Fable2, but there's still an issue to be addressed. Magic >>> ranged > melee.

In terms of the story itself, this is a clear improvement on Fable 2, even if it does suffer from Giant Space Flea From Nowhere a little. So yeah, it's a good game judged on it's own merits. It might even be a great game. Thing is, you can't judge it on it's own merits. It's part of a franchise and really doesn't innovate or offer anything new. This is Fable. Those are two things it's meant to do.

I've enjoyed my time with the game, I have, but I still can't recommend buying it. That's a real shame.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:08 am

Addendum;

I've started playing Fable 2 again the last few days, and some of the differences are a little more pronounced that I'd first thought. Firstly, Fable 3's graphics are actually much better than 2's. The textures are more detailed, the character models are better and there are many more little incidental environmental details. The frame rate is perhaps a little choppier when things get busy, but put the two together and it's clear which is the newer game.

Secondly, the loss of Fable 2's Expression Wheel hurts Fable 3. Molyneux may claim he's 'streamlining' or somesuch by having everything handled by a single context sensitive button but Fable 2 gives you so much more flexibility in how you make people respond to you.

Thirdly is just how large 3's areas are. Even when comparing areas found in both, like Bowerstone Market, 3's version, while instantly recognisable, is half as large again. That said, they may be larger but there are fewer areas, again perhaps reflecting the linear nature of 3's more focused story.

I'm still unsure which of the two I prefer. I'm leaning towards 2 at the moment, just because the nature of the quest seems to lend itself to a more open ended world.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:21 am

jesus christ i still haven't beaten this.........
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 am

great. i have to call xbox support to continue my game now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fable 3