Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?

Go down 
+2
Kaio
Zero
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Empty
PostSubject: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:24 pm

On the main website, there's nothing about the next DVD release and the last release was August 31. I noticed the same thing with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. What's going on?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:29 pm

New set comes out in a couple of days and another one in January.

New Brotherhood comes out in December.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Kaio wrote:
New set comes out in a couple of days and another one in January.

New Brotherhood comes out in December.

Oh really? Sweet. Where'd you get that from?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Rightstuff listings.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Alright, I havn't really watched an anime in a while and since a lot of people around here seem to really like One Piece I wanna give it a shot. MY question is, after looking it up on Wiki it seems like the dub and original are different and there are episodes that the others have. I'm guessing that for dub 4kids is def not the way to go but since there are more episodes in the jap version will I be missing out? I hope not since I like english dubs but just htought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm

The funimation dub and JPN version are both good, but i'd suggest sticking with one the whole way through as you'll get used to the voices and it will change how you perceive things if you change halfway through.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Personally I prefer the Japanese, although I do like most of the Funimation voices.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:20 pm

The FUNimation dub is 1:1 translation and if you liked the voices in DBZ, then you'll like these voices since they're pretty much the same. Currently there's been 195 episodes dubbed and about 170 are available on Hulu so you can just watch them there. DVDs are released every 2 months and contain 13 episodes, so unless you speed through the episodes it'll take a while to catch up.

The Japanese version is currently at 480 episodes or so and the first 170 are also available on Hulu.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Alright sounds good guys. I got the first 60 funimation episodes downloading right now.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm still working my way through the manga right now. chapter 150 I stopped last night. Finish today or tomorrow. I just have alot of other things to do.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?   Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has FUNimation stopped dubbing this?
Page 1 of 1