Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited

Go down 
+10
Eevil-Psycho
brandon
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Zero
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Golden Boy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:43 am

Isn't tekken hybrid out before this?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Yes, but Tekken Hybrid = Tekken Tag HD + Tekken Tag 2 demo + Tekken: Blood Vengeance (the movie) + trophies. It's not a new game.
We'll probably have to wait at least one year for TTT2's console version.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:11 pm

If this and Tekken x Street fighter come out too close together i'm definitely not buying TvSF.

I'll probably pick up Tekken Hybrid assuming it doesn't come out at full retail price.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't think I'll be getting Tekken Hybrid unless they include in the demo one of the characters I like to play.
As for TxSF, we won't be seeing that game anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:31 pm

i want moar lili
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:40 pm

TTT1 was amazing and unfortunately i don't have that game on PS2.

Its definitely one of my favourite fighting games ever. The only thing i never liked about it was that if one of your characters were KOed it was game over.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Tag HD has no online though. And SFxT is doing the one character KO as well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:38 pm

What seriously thats BS? I'm gonna be put off by these tag games. I wish they had the option to turn that on and off.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:32 pm

A member of the TZ forums has graciously translated a part of the latest issue of Arcadia magazine regarding the system mechanics:

Tag system

Different kinds of tags:

Open
- Character runs out (no run moves possible, no attack)
- New character runs in (run moves possible)
- Running moves are done with fff+? during the tag-in, including character-specific running moves
- There does not appear to be a tag cancel, but they recommend doing things like evasive moves and moves with jump properties when tagging in in risky situations (which seems to indicate you can input moves sooner than in TTT1)

Wall
- Character jumps out
- New character jumps in (does not attack)
- Jump status on character coming in (low crush/can be floated)

From neutral
- Open/Wall basic tag

From forward dash
- Character leans head back to change momentum before changing directions and getting out (possible high crush)

From grounded
- Character gets up and does Open/Wall tag

Quick Ukemi
- Hitting 5 as ukemi allows a quick tag out that's safer than the regular grounded tag out

Tag throw
- 2+5 initiates a generic tag throw (break not listed), which tags in your partner using a canned throw animation.

Tag crash
- Hitting 1+2+5 while grounded allows the outside character to come in with a flying attack (no word on safety)
- Partner MUST be in tag rage
- Consumes the entering character's tag rage AND consumes their red bar.

HP Gauge

HP decreases at two rates: recoverable and unrecoverable
- Recoverable damage is displayed in red
- Unrecoverable is black (gone)

Tag Rage
When a character takes a fixed amount of damage, their partner's gauge will blink red. The next time they enter the arena, their attack damage will increase. The period of this rage is the same for all characters and is about 10 seconds or until they tag out, whichever is shorter. The character will flash briefly when their rage ends. The fixed amount of damage required for the partner to go into rage varies by the characters used, and depends on their compatibility. You should be able to get a good idea of their compatibility by their intro and outro.

(Note: the image is a little ambiguous here as to the amounts required are the total life taken, or the red bar portion. I'm guessing on the percentages based on the total life, otherwise rage is going to occur every couple jabs.)
...For "easily angered" characters: about 55% damage required
...For "not easily angered" characters: 70%+ damage required

Tag Combos
- Tag combos are performed by pressing 5 the same time as a launcher
- It is important to note that both the position of the entering character and their relative frames are basically the same whether tagging or not (that is, they are the same as the initiating launcher). However, due to camera position, sometimes distance can vary.

Combo type 1: Launcher to tag
- Do a launcher+5 and then do your combo.

- Example combo:
Kazuya->Asuka: EWGF+5 uf+4, 2, 1, 1+2

Combo type 2: Mid Combo launcher to tag
- Do a float/launcher, whatever, and then do a launcher+5 in your combo
- This ALSO does red bar damage.

- Example combo:
Lili->Kazuya: df+3+4, d+1, WS+2+5, df+1, 2 B!

Tag Assault
- After performing a bound move+5, your partner will enter and can perform a single string (including an air throw), after which control reverts to the character starting the combo. This is called a Tag Assault (TA).
- All characters have a generic tag assault attack (1+2+5 or while crouching 1+2+5) which will, on hit, begin a tag assault regardless of whether the opponent is standing or in the air. All characters have exactly the same move, but it is generally a bit hard to use.

Auto Assist
- If a player continues to hold 5 after a tag assault begins, the other character will enter and perform a pre-determined character-specific string. It generally uses an easy-to-continue option, so is a good option until you get used to the system.

Good properties for strings on the entering character
- High damage, few hits
- High juggling, spiking moves
- Moves with special properties such as flipping opponents

Good properties for moves after the TA
- Long reaching moves, moves that hit twice in rapid succession
- Air throws
- Spike moves

Notes about the TA system
- It is possible to tech after spike moves, but the timing is later than normal.
- In the case of a tech where the two attacker's moves occur simultaneously, they will be blocked automatically, regardless of hit level.
- When doing a TA, the opponent's partner will immediately go into tag rage, and your partner will lose their red bar.

Stages and Gimmicks
- The game has 19 stages total.
- 18 of the stages are selectable, and the last one is only available in roulette
- Most of the stages are from previous games
- The stages have little icons in the selection that tell you about the kinds of features they have

```````````````

It's kinda fun that they actually recommend to use hopkicks when tagging in.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:51 pm

So no unblockable setups then.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Were unblockable setups possible?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 pm

I don't know. I'm just saying there won't be any because of the auto-block when two hits happen at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 pm

The Japanese arcades are getting the game tomorrow. Can't wait to see the bosses, the balance changes, the combo potential, etc.

Lovetastic Brandon wrote:
i want moar lili

�������������������������製����2�������... on Twitpic

Other random info:

- Leo has been confirmed as a girl (Eleonora Kliesen)
- Lars is about 28 years old
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 pm

i I love you lili
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Leo is a girl? I always thought of Leo as a boy.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

dun worry nonny, i did too
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 pm

I think this is the first time I've seen a girly character with a masculine name actually be a girl in Japanese stuff.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Bosses:

Jinpachi + Heihachi and then you get to fight

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/64/20110914123003.jpg/
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:20 pm

where the hell is her Wolf part
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Oh joy, She's back. ...Atleast Namco didn't try to copy SNK this time. Although, Now that I've said that, She'll prolly be the Tekken version of Geese or Magaki or something.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Hopefully they'll state who the fuck she is this time.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:57 am

She's Jun Kazama.

Jinpachi/Heihachi boss battle

Ogre boss battle

Last edited by Blair Waldorf on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 am

Did Bryan get covered in blue stuff when he got knocked down?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:05 pm

More of Jun/Unknown gameplay:

And that's just cute:

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Welp, looks like I'm buying this. I mean I was going to anyways but Jun/Unknown as final boss makes it sweeter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next