Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat 9

Go down 
+12
Baal
Ace
Ellis
Golden Boy
Talking Sock
Kaio
Neo
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
Superbuu3
Savage
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Kratos makes sense. So does that dude from spaltter house.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Calling it an extended scene, I thought there would be more appearance by Kratos
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:27 pm

fix'd

And damn, I might actually get this one.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:11 am

I'm getting it for sure.

Did I miss much passing up DC universe? I went all the way through DA, deception and armageddon.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 am

Fun but kombat was shallow, there were som nice touches i.e. falling and close combat, and the running through walls.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Good game footage
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-kombat-mortal-kombat/711451

Definitely beats the shit out of the last Mortal Kombat game, though I really liked that one
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:50 am

Played this good for a laugh but ultimately a shitty and shallow fighter. There appears to be enhanced specials like ex moves in SF4 and the Xray is only one move super it will get old quick definitely worth having a try on the demo.

The fatalities are vaguely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 am

Not something better? Depressing?
Can you give more details of your experience
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:08 am

Well the demo only had 4 characters. Sub zero/Mileena/Scorpion/Jonny Cage.

Each character has about 4 special moves, I don't think there was anything that new looking. If your familiar with SF4 you should be able to remember how the EX system for specials works in that this was similar.

X-ray is basically a super move, it uses up three bars. three bars is the max and 1 bar is used for ex specials.

Combo system seemed basic. You basically used presets most of the time, no cutups or anything. I can imagine you could probably juggle to a degree but nothing amazing. The fighting system has more in common with deception although now there is only one fighting system. There did feel like there was more to combat then MK vs DC which i found to be one of the shallowest entries in the series.

Anything you wanna know about in particular?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 am

This much is enough to know so far
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 am

Thos game does hhave tag whic might make it slightly better but not much
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 am

Ah, man. I had high hopes for this. Oh well, I'll try it out later I guess.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 am

Skip wrote:
Ah, man. I had high hopes for this. Oh well, I'll try it out later I guess.
This game reeks of being the kinda game anyone who owns it will kick anyone who doesn't own its ass as you can literally do fuck all unless you played the game before. So that means pointless to play with friends. The complex combos really aren't all that great you do more damage linking two specials. The online will probably be full of spammers or people who will know what they're doing so it will suck. I mean sure the games changed a bit but its basically gonna be the same shit as DC Universe, without the novelty value. Thats assuming I didn't miss something really important.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:52 pm

I quite liked it. If MK3 can manage to gather a tournament scene then this certainly can. It's pretty fun. I shall wwait to judge if there's any real depth. There didn't seem to be anything to the fighting system beyond each character's movelist, but hopefully there will more stuff discovered.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I quite liked it. If MK3 can manage to gather a tournament scene then this certainly can. It's pretty fun. I shall wwait to judge if there's any real depth. There didn't seem to be anything to the fighting system beyond each character's movelist, but hopefully there will more stuff discovered.
You clearly can't moose, there's no cancelling, and juggling with lots of bouncy moves which might be a possiblity will do fuck all damage, uppercut special special is pretty much gonna be the most effective combo and thats what you'll end up seeing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Tekken doesn't have cancels either. It's depth comes mainly from situational awareness and the mechanics based around that, like the wall and wake-up options. I couldn't tell if this game had any underlying systems like that, although at first glance it looks like it doesn't.

I still enjoyed it though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Tekken doesn't have cancels either. It's depth comes mainly from situational awareness and the mechanics based around that, like the wall and wake-up options. I couldn't tell if this game had any underlying systems like that, although at first glance it looks like it doesn't.

I still enjoyed it though.
yeah quick fun but you can't play this with casual players you'll get too good at this to be able to play with mates. Online will be shit It feels way too much like MKvDC. The combo system is identical to the last few MKs but shallower as no stance changing. This is a very bad game, trust me when i say don't waste your money you'll trade it in within a week. Unless you really liked the last game.

EDIT: its also quite clear there is basically fuck all in terms of basic attacks anyway. Even if you count the pop up combos.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Haven't played any MK games beyond MK3 collection on PS1. And I wasn't planning on buying it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Until fighting games turned crap (excluding SSF4, which was still not as good as SFA3/SF3 and DOA will always be fun) i used to play them all loads so i know the series well the only one i didn't play was armageddon and that was a simplified deception.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Story sucks after Shao Kahn's initial defeat by Liu Kang and he's shown alive again
Cutscenes I'm forced to watch every time, sucks
Gameplay is fun for a while, some stuff is still fun, more stuff is meh
Test challenges are cool

Don't want to touch this again, happy I loaned it like I did with MK vs DCU
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:02 pm

The story is fine, I just wish it wasn't so damned long.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 pm

EVERYONE WILL BUY THIS.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 am

Damn, I'm not good playing as Sub-Zero here, he's the character I depend on most in previous games, but in this one I can't play using him that well, but good enough playing as almost (don't have Rain yet) every other character I played with before
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 am

The game in my humble opinion is probably the best MK game so far.
I main Sub-Zero in the game.
I have yet to try it online yet, but I've heard things.

But when talking about the story, do not mention the Sindel scene to "die-hard" fans.

Dr. Faust wrote:
Damn, I'm not good playing as Sub-Zero here, he's the character I depend on most in previous games, but in this one I can't play using him that well, but good enough playing as almost (don't have Rain yet) every other character I played with before

Subs may feel weird at first. But believe me.
Once you know how to use him, you'll be impressed.

Here's some of my favorite combos:

-2,1,2, ICEBALL, F4, 2+1
-B1, 2, ICEBALL, JP, B1, 2, ICEBALL
-2, 1, 2, ICEBALL, 1, 1, X-RAY
-B1, 2, ICEBALL, 2, 1, 2, ICEBALL
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:40 am

You should give him your PSN, its handy having extra ppl to play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat 9
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next